Author Topic: Random Suggestions  (Read 6799 times)

Offline Sacrifice

Re: Random Suggestions
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2015, 02:07:58 pm »
Moved this information to the above post.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 12:56:43 am »
on your first suggestion, whats wrong with money?  if you have a bunch of stuff no one wants(your mule voucher if everyone already has a mule for example) and need something then cash comes in handy. 

for your second idea, I think you missed the part where Mickey is capping skills at 100.  instead of 100 smithing being a starter smith you'll be around 20, and take forever to make it to 50.  though I do like your concept: a smith swings a heavy hammer all day, why can't they hit someone with it? you'll need some adjustments, but good idea.  Mickey also said he has plans to make defense skills for crafters, so maybe this could tie in.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:56 am »
The post about no currency was in reply to Naed's post and how it could work out.

And yes I did miss the capping of skills at 100, so it would have to be tweaked alot.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »
100 wouldn't be a cap but to get to 100 would be equivalent to getting to 1000 in V1/V2.
But if you gurls want the V1/V2 XP system then I can change it. It is still early enough to change just about anything.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 06:28:42 pm »
Girls like big numbers.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 02:35:41 am »
Girls like big numbers.
you were supposed to say "girls like things bigger"!

as to changing things, I could see it working better than the V5 way.  when people start getting boost items and using buffs then with the small numbers it shouldn't be too hard to be awesome even if you're just a novice...

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 12:53:12 pm »
I have this idea to tie into my previous idea for traders being able to use the first couple of tiers of fighting weapons.

If there were to be currency in this game, for example gold, there should be a gold cost for creating items. This is how this would work.

These are going to be random currency amounts that would be changeable. Okay for the first tier of armor which is generally copper the layout may look something like this?

Mine Copper-> Smelt Copper-> Heat Copper Sheet-> Use Heated Copper Sheet on anvil-> Makes Unfinished Copper Chest Plate(not wearable) -> Use stack of X amount of gold on Unfinished Copper Chest Plate to make Copper Chest plate (which would be wearable).

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »
not to be an ass, but that makes no sense!  if you make something why would you have to pay for it?  I get that if it was done this way a lot fewer people would just give away items(starter weapons and armor for a friend?), but I don't think that is what you're trying to do...is it?

Offline Naed

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »
Mine Copper-> Smelt Copper-> Heat Copper Sheet-> Use Heated Copper Sheet on anvil-> Makes Unfinished Copper Chest Plate(not wearable) -> Use stack of X amount of gold on Unfinished Copper Chest Plate to make Copper Chest plate (which would be wearable).

This sounds absurd to me, unless you are getting gold embellished copper chest plate out of the process?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 02:48:17 pm »
No, I will NOT do a crafting system like that. I do understand the idea though but really it just adds another item that needs to be retrieved for the full usage chain. Basically, take out all the steps and go pay gold to an NPC trader for an item. Like I can see paying gold to do all that if you don't have the supplies and thus you pay an NPC for the supplies and rental of the smithy shop.

I did plan gilded armor and weapons in V5 with copper, silver or gold which are no longer usable to make weapons or armor. The gilding could have magic effects or elemental abilities.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 03:07:32 pm »
It was just an idea, it would give more meaning to gold other than it just being needed to trade to npcs or claim land.

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 02:17:23 am »
I have a new idea for hostile npcs in rpgwo that I have never seen done in any other game that mite be an interesting addition to rpgwo.

It would be a sort of ranking system for hostile npcs(maybe non hostile npcs as well for guards or something).

How it would work, is that there originally would be a bunch of normal monsters, lets just say rank 1 monsters.

All of these rank 1 monsters would remain rank 1, unless they kill something/someone. If they successfully kill said person/npc it would raise them to rank 2 and so on.

Eventually after maybe rank 5 or 10 it could become a boss'ish monster with a special name (which would be changed by maybe a random name generator) giving more exp or a reward of some sort for killing it.

Forexample instead of being a Warrior(rank 1) or a Warrior+1(warrior rank2),(for the lack of a better name), once it became a rank 5 or maybe rank 10 warrior it could get a randomized name.

For example maybe "Blah Blah the Slayer" and it could be a relatively big array of prefixes and suffixes so there could always be something new.

Of course you would sometimes end up with random ones that make no sense but it would still be cool.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 05:43:05 am »
I like that idea, but I think I can improve it:

since monsters level up(or atleast they did in V1/V2) have it level based.  I'll use your warrior idea, so basic warrior would level up a few times(3 seems good) and become a skilled warrior, skilled warrior would level up a few times and become a veteran warrior, veteran warrior could level up and become an elite warrior...this level would give it a name and make it a boss type monster.  Elite Warrior <name>.

different monster types would need a few different titles, but when they die if(Mickey's plan to have all monsters go to a life stone on death works out) they could keep most of their levels but have same penalty as players(lose 1 level).  this could be great for a roaming band of monsters since they'll probably keep showing up and getting stronger each time.

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:08 am »
And if players drop stuff on death, they could pick up and use the player's equipment ...  ;)
Shoop!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:27 am »
@Greatest, Yes that sounds alot more like I had envisioned it.

I just couldn't remember if monsters leveled up or didn't, but if they do in V5 like they did on V1 and V2 that system would work a lot better.

There would have to be some sort of check in place to make sure every single monster wasn't a high rank though making it impossible to kill any of them.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 07:56:12 pm »
V5/V6 monsters and NPC do level up. V1/V2 only tames level up, that I can remember.

V6 planned, hostile NPCs that you run into, level up and will rob you. They will resurrect as well. NPCs are always in the world being processed. And they get a unique name like players.

Animal/monsters level up but don't resurrect and don't get saved thus loose XP on restart.
The issue I see with monsters leveling up is newb players won't stand a chance. Like fighting roaches in the sewers. Animals only get added when a player is near then removed when no one near and XP gets lost.

I was thinking of a hybrid animal/monster that saved XP when removed. I think that could be useful. Plus gets different names.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:29 pm »
V5/V6 monsters and NPC do level up. V1/V2 only tames level up, that I can remember.
are you sure its only tames?  I'm never around monsters much, but for some reason I think I saw 1 level up while slaughtering stuff I was randomly taming once...of course it wasn't around long though.  as far as roaches in the sewer go, guess we were thinking wild spawns not quest monsters.  would be funny to see Noob was killed by Elite Roach Bugsy! ;D

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:42 pm »
The way I envisioned it, there would only be able to be 1-3 special monsters in an area at a time. That way that if there is a newb they can just steer clear of this "bamf" of a monster and just kill the normal mobs.

This special monster could be like a leader almost, and even could only be summoned if you slaughter so many of the normal version maybe.