Author Topic: Rust  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Naed

Rust
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:51 pm »
Anyone else here play Rust?

In my time longing for RPGWO it's the closest game I could find. The lack of skills and modern nature of the game is where it fails for me.

It's amazing success is in how it allows the players to build amazing structures, in an amazing way.

Here are some examples of structures that are player built, harvested from trees and quarries and manufactured into structural pieces.

http://playrust.com/community-update-32/#more-2711

It unfortunately also only runs on one set map, another failure in my books. The hunt for resources and locations for your next outpost in RPGWO was another amazing success that Rust lacks.

All that being said, if you love RPGWO, Rust will be a nice distraction for a couple weeks or months while waiting for our beloved to return.

Offline Jon The Great

Re: Rust
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 02:33:51 pm »
I heard you get a random person as your character in the news.

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Rust
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »
Anyone else here play Rust?

In my time longing for RPGWO it's the closest game I could find. The lack of skills and modern nature of the game is where it fails for me.

It's amazing success is in how it allows the players to build amazing structures, in an amazing way.

Here are some examples of structures that are player built, harvested from trees and quarries and manufactured into structural pieces.

http://playrust.com/community-update-32/#more-2711

It unfortunately also only runs on one set map, another failure in my books. The hunt for resources and locations for your next outpost in RPGWO was another amazing success that Rust lacks.

All that being said, if you love RPGWO, Rust will be a nice distraction for a couple weeks or months while waiting for our beloved to return.

They added random map generation with the "new version" of Rust, implemented a few months back. I play on the "Rustafied.com" server which resets usually weekly, each time giving a new random map.

There are no skills as it is not an RPG. There are blueprints you can find/learn, allowing you to craft more advanced equipment.

The building system is good, but not uncommon. In reality, it is a glorified system of the same nature as Minecraft  with the addition of some simulated physics for structure stability.

Above all, Rust is a PVP game. Almost any other player you find will attack you, so you must attack them first. If you enjoy hunting down players, this game is perfect. It's not without its bugs and glitches as it is in alpha, but I enjoy it. It's more fun to play with a group of people as allies are hard to come by.

I heard you get a random person as your character in the news.

Your unique Steam ID is a series of numbers which are used to generate your character's skin color. Facial features may also be affected, it's hard to tell.
Shoop!