Author Topic: New world interest check  (Read 9915 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: New world interest check
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »
instead of having the standard NPC you could use vendors.  those accept items and give another item(or accept cash and give an item), so you don't have to worry about 1 person completely robbing them.

higher point costs and lower start points means crafters will never get to the point they have all the skills they need. 
-fighters only need a few basic skills: weapon, melee def, missle def, magic def, and run
-crafters need a lot more: mining, smithing, carpentry, masonry, farming, cooking, alchemy, jewelry making, and I feel like I'm forgetting some
-mages need: mana conversion, white magic and black magic, red and blue come later
fighters have all skills that are dex, str, quick; mages have all skills that are int wis; for a crafter skills cover each(jewelry making is usually the worse with dex int and wis), so something there has to change if you really want to stop the fighter->crafter conversion.

reducing buffs hurts everyone, not just crafters...

nerfing equipped bonus means you have the max bonus from 1 item.  a +40 ring isn't hard to make, so a fighter would benefit more from that since they can have max bonus on weapon and defenses.  crafters on the other hand only use 1 skill at a time and switch between sets of jewelry between crafts.  150 is high, but 40 is really low!  somewhere around 100 is usually best(I'd say 80 at the absolute lowest).

higher crafting xp sounds nice, but that just means when fighters get crafting skills they'll level them even faster :D

the potion option sounds interesting.  instead of minor and major you can go with small, medium, large, and huge. 
-small would be standard
-medium would be same boost, but last longer
-large would be a higher boost at standard time
-huge would be higher boost at a longer time

as to the rest of your post the only thing I can comment on is that there is no way to limit a quest to single use, and thats probably a good thing.  quests and monster parts are the way you make money as a fighter.  if fighters can't make money then they don't have money to buy from crafters.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline hazze

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »
nerfing equipped bonus means you have the max bonus from 1 item.  a +40 ring isn't hard to make, so a fighter would benefit more from that since they can have max bonus on weapon and defenses.  crafters on the other hand only use 1 skill at a time and switch between sets of jewelry between crafts.  150 is high, but 40 is really low!  somewhere around 100 is usually best(I'd say 80 at the absolute lowest).

Someone with almost zero str/dex can immediately smith iron+ and stuff with +80. Using the default server v2 files as a reference, +80-100 will allow immediate crafting of the next tier effectively in just about every skill, which is what's trying to be prevented.

The intent was also to reduce each jewel's random roll, so that a single jewel will eventually cap out at the cap, so an average equip laodout would look in +x def1, +x def2, +x mainfightskill instead of 3-4 +x def1 or 3-4 +x craftskill. This would also possibly do something like having quest jewels be at the cap, but unable to restore the usability. (no recharging the use % or repairing it).

Also for potions: use potion on potion to get larger potion (sm+sm=med), and for huge, large+lrage=huge, mana+sm = large?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »

Someone with almost zero str/dex can immediately smith iron+ and stuff with +80. Using the default server v2 files as a reference, +80-100 will allow immediate crafting of the next tier effectively in just about every skill, which is what's trying to be prevented.

The intent was also to reduce each jewel's random roll, so that a single jewel will eventually cap out at the cap, so an average equip laodout would look in +x def1, +x def2, +x mainfightskill instead of 3-4 +x def1 or 3-4 +x craftskill. This would also possibly do something like having quest jewels be at the cap, but unable to restore the usability. (no recharging the use % or repairing it).

Also for potions: use potion on potion to get larger potion (sm+sm=med), and for huge, large+lrage=huge, mana+sm = large?
sounds like you haven't been playing too long.  if you're using Mickey's ore system: iron equipment is very low tier, being able to just smith iron with the max boost is bad!  his system makes copper starter equipment, silver a little higher, then iron.  most fighters will be using iron weapons by the time they hit level 3...

I thought the issue we were trying to find a way to work around was a fighter who has just trained smithing being able to work higher tier ore as easily as a crafter who has been smithing since the start of the game...nerfing bonus to 40 means not even your best crafters will be able to work damon.

Offline Alexander

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 10:09:11 pm »
Not to mention you banned everyone for dumb reasons. "I am Tigrym I was banned because I called Saint a monkey." - Your purpose as admin is not to meddle in any player affairs and update the server. If can't stand them prove them wrong or muzzle them. Ban is reserved for players who cheat and the most serve cases should be about a week long. You had banned half the player population in the first two weeks.

I closed the server in a month or two.
I banned individuals who chose to disrespect me/others. RPGWO has died because of the disrespect that has been allowed to fester. An mmo like this could've been very popular, but it would've had to have a good community.

Contrary to what you say, many players logged in daily, even on the day that I finally had enough and shut it down. They didn't log in to grind their stats, they logged for my frequent events and new quests.
RPGWOForums Consists primarily of trolls.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 08:44:53 am »
I banned individuals who chose to disrespect me/others. RPGWO has died because of the disrespect that has been allowed to fester. An mmo like this could've been very popular, but it would've had to have a good community.

lol shut up, there are nice players and not so nice players in every single game community. In the great big list of reasons why this game died, I can assure you "player A called me big fat doodoo head" is very far from the top of that list.

Your server was bad and you should feel bad for even pretending that train wreck was anything but.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 07:56:14 pm »
In the great big list of reasons why this game died, I can assure you "player A called me big fat doodoo head" is very far from the top of that list.
:D ;D :D I've quit a lot of games for a lot of reasons, that has never been 1...

also I've quit a lot of servers for a lot of reasons, and yes its true Saint Server was overly easy.  within 5 minutes of me starting there I had an admin boosts me high enough to be able to mine everything(I mined 3 magma before level 2).  its true no one likes to grind, but being able to make the best items in game, or kill the best monsters in game when you've only started means there is no challenge, and no challenge means there is no point in playing.

Offline Gotenks

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:11 pm »
as far as limiting quest items make then bound to the player and weigh 0 the only way to get rid of them is to use on a garbage.
as far as rules go no multi client    no spawn killing since half the world is pk. and chat should not be monitored at all people can ignore if they dont want to hear it. the npcs if possible should have 3k and every say 6 hours or so be brought back up to 3k or reduced to 3k.
black magic should be int+wis/3 not 4   and the cost of black magic spells should be reduced by quite a bit  but the cost of red should be increased. and the only automated event should be an auto siege twice a day

Offline Roarion

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 09:52:51 pm »
black magic should be int+wis/3 not 4 and the cost of black magic spells should be reduced by quite a bit  but the cost of red should be increased. and the only automated event should be an auto siege twice a day

If BM is /3 and you reduce the mana consumption then the damage or wands should be lowered accordingly. I feel BM's pain of not having guard, but big damage and XP is a worthy trade off. BM is a touchy topic, I personally would prefer to take a damage nerf and be able to cast longer w/o as much mana drain but many others disagree that play the skill for solely PK. I think it's been proven on Hex that /4 is acceptable for the "nuke" style BM that pkers want to play. The issue with the skill is really Magic Defense being spec since its str-dex-quick-int-wis/5 and easy to train. Most BM players will never touch a good spec magic defense player.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline hazze

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 10:49:01 pm »
Here is thought:

Damage magic is normal for general use, but it's possible to acquire individual runes that let you cast the highest-level magic spell (can't be made, only acquired) through a quest. However, these only let you get 1-2 spell casts out of them, so you have to use them wisely.

Offline Gotenks

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 04:04:17 am »
the lowering mana cost wouldn't change the pk aspect of it much. a good bm would normally 2-4 hit a player at high levels so they wouldn't be out of mana any ways.  lowing the mana is just for the training.  it sucks you kill 4 monsters stop stam to mana kill 4 more and the white magic takes just as long as the black magic.  however after thinking /4 is fine because of how fast mages can boost early on in the game

im not really digging the runes being hard to obtain for the max level spells it seems like an unneeded nerf to black magic and black magic has been slowly getting nerfed since liberty
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:11:53 am by Gotenks »

Offline hazze

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 10:45:51 am »
Question: any chance anyone has client files for various past worlds? I don't need ini, only dats and images.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 11:32:10 am »
Question: any chance anyone has client files for various past worlds? I don't need ini, only dats and images.

I have almost every single one back to Chaos V2. Any specific ones you're looking for?
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Aero

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 05:26:02 am »
I hope this server gets up and going. I'd love to play on a decently active server. Still always come back to this game.. too addictive.
Lol.

Offline Alexander

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 02:11:54 am »
lol shut up, ...
^This constantly in globals plus griefing and a small player base.
Yep, the verbal abuse and relentless griefing of players, and their land had absolutely nothing to do with the demise of this game.
RPGWOForums Consists primarily of trolls.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 09:54:01 am »
lol shut up, ...
Yep, the verbal abuse and relentless griefing of players, and their land had absolutely nothing to do with the demise of this game.

In the great big list of reasons why this game died, I can assure you "player A called me big fat doodoo head" is very far from the top of that list.

^
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:33 pm »
lol shut up, ...
games are meant to be fun, if you're taking someone telling you to shut up that seriously then you're not having fun in this game.  I will admit on stealing servers when there is absolutely no way to secure your land(warp stone glitch) that can be annoying and lead to people quitting, it was the reason I quit Mickey's last real server.

also looking at your banner, seems you would have caused more players to leave than Kaios...
if someone is talking crap to admins, you muzzle them!
if someone calls you a monkey, you either ignore it and move on or muzzle them!  banning them for it means you're being a monkey.
if someone kills you with deity powers(has happened to me on a few servers by actual admins) you either laugh about it or bitch about it, since it was your server you also had the option to take away they're deity powers!

Offline Sacrifice

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 04:13:22 pm »
It isn't like it matters, all Alexander was was a little bitch on a power trip. The only reason anyone played his server was because it was the only one that was really up that wasn't dead and the only reason it wasn't dead was because it was a new server.

He had no idea how to run a decent server, let alone take care of the problems on it.

Offline Falcon

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 06:33:16 am »
Boom! Sacrifice sees the point why I did what I did on his server!
Oldish player, not much else you need to know. Why are you even reading this, you should stop.. Please stop. Why are you not stopping?

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 08:37:59 pm »
oh cool drama

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 12:15:02 am »
seems we really derailed this thread...

are you still working on this?