Author Topic: indieDB.com  (Read 23747 times)

Offline Axeman

Re: indieDB.com
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »
I wouldn't mind admin'ing it.  :o

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2014, 05:47:59 pm »
On any PK/Stealing server I've played I rarely see anyone who doesn't actually enjoy taking part in PK get killed often if at all, more likely they won't if they are a trader though. As for stealing most servers these days always have rules against bumping and once again traders are basically left alone by the general population especially if they have an NPC trader somewhere offering runes or potions or jewels, etc.

I don't really get why so many players have issues with PK and stealing, they just sound like babies.
people are carebears and play carebear mmos like wow. the stealing/constant pk thing has a smaller playerbase in general compared to pve and if you want to maximize player poulation you have to go for the LCD

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2014, 07:19:36 pm »
Oh and let me know if you want to be admin. Not sure who to trust with it.
you can trust me as an admin...I'll abuse all the power I'm given evenly!  I won't /adminkill 1 person any more than I do others(unless they really annoy me).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline emsee

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2014, 11:55:09 pm »
Phoenix::admin only atm.
helena
admin mickey
kaios
great1
riven
esprit
legowelt
lady agngel

this is alot of admins is game going to be this active?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 06:23:36 am »
helena
admin mickey
kaios
great1
riven
esprit
legowelt
lady agngel

Where are you getting this information from? When did I even say I wanted to be an admin?
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Roarion

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2014, 07:51:54 am »
helena
admin mickey
kaios
great1
riven
esprit
legowelt
lady agngel

I don't even think anyone on that list has decent admin experience besides mickey...
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline emsee

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:01 am »
got it from the .files for that server. could just be outdated names from reused settings.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:27:58 am by emsee »

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 08:30:46 am »
I'm still confused as to where exactly in the files you derived this list from but yeah that list of names looks like just what you said as some of those people haven't been heard from for awhile now.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30:32 am »
helena
admin mickey
kaios
great1
riven
esprit
legowelt
lady angel

How did I get on this list?!?!?!?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline mechanical keyboard enthusiast

• Attack: 3682
    Defense: 2735
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2014, 11:36:05 am »

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2014, 11:48:47 am »
Spent some time with Gary looking at the old Phantasy map now called Phoenix. A lot of you probably remember it but I totally forgot about it all and was surprised it has a lot all ready to go.

It has a newbie map that has the basic elf and marble/sewer quests. It does NOT have a training area for practice usage or mining nor does it have a tutorial. Not sure what to add there yet. A walk through tutorial would be nice.

The main map has lots of stuff: castle, barter town, about 13 quests, roads, wilderness spawns. It can use a PK arena, seige and LMS. Not sure if the PK altar is in world either.

Still need to fix monsters with high LIFE.

Offline Deimos

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2014, 09:50:31 am »
I know gary is admining phoenix already but Roar has my vote too. He did a real good job with Hex from what I understand. He was active as admin right up until the end of the server and overall the content of the server was awesome. Especially at higher lvls there were new sectors to train in and better weps to keep working towards.
Phobos: lvl 36 mage
Lunatik: lvl 56 mage
Shadow I: lvl 78 mage
Shadow II: lvl 84 mage
Pyramid: lvl 78 mage
Hex: lvl 54 mage
Hexed: lvl 84 priest/mage

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:04 am »
don't think he'll be up to being admin there and running his own server at the same time...he has Future up as a test world now and will be openning it soonish.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gizza

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2014, 03:07:15 am »
Make a server, advertise it, get atleast 10 people minimum, and I am in.. Can't play when I'm globalling myself

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »
Just open source the game already. It's going no where.

Offline Phealix

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2014, 08:32:58 pm »
Mickey, how come you've never tried to get this game on steam, or many other MMO sites to spread around the word? It kinda sucks HUGE donkey balls when your on a server and you type /who
1 player found.
You
foreveralone.jpg

Why just advertise on one site? Why not get links on a ton of sites?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 02:52:36 pm »
13 years ago, the game was on all sorts of sites and I did advertise and it did pretty good but now, really, I moved on and although I want to open something up for veterans and advertise a little, my heart just isn't in it anymore. I am struggling now to open Phoenix, worried that I will disappear a day after I open it.

Plus I have personal stuff going on that is getting in the way. Haven't even worked on V5 for about a month now.

Which is why I been asking for admins.

Offline Phealix

« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:29 am »
13 years ago, the game was on all sorts of sites and I did advertise and it did pretty good but now, really, I moved on and although I want to open something up for veterans and advertise a little, my heart just isn't in it anymore. I am struggling now to open Phoenix, worried that I will disappear a day after I open it.

Plus I have personal stuff going on that is getting in the way. Haven't even worked on V5 for about a month now.

One of the good things about Steeltide, and Phobos was that admins were pretty active on them. It felt like you could actually talk to staff, and I think that it helped increase the player population being able to see staff around. Now when you see an admin online in a game, you mark that wolf on your calender cause you won't be seeing that again for a while. Even if it's not YOU on the server, you should get an admin team, and then advertise. I found out about this game back when I was knee high to a grasshopper from one of those random sites you mentioned. www.onrpg.com or something like that. Like most people, I've been in love with RPGWO ever since, and like most people, I want to see RPGWO brought back in full fervor and see another golden age. While we'd absolutely love to have you in the limelight, we also appreciate that you have RL wolf going on. So just give us a server with an admin or two per work shift, who actively develop quests, and bring us new dungeons to delve with items to get, and we'll be happy.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2014, 10:33:12 am »

One of the good things about Steeltide, and Phobos was that admins were pretty active on them. It felt like you could actually talk to staff, and I think that it helped increase the player population being able to see staff around. Now when you see an admin online in a game, you mark that wolf on your calender cause you won't be seeing that again for a while. Even if it's not YOU on the server, you should get an admin team, and then advertise. I found out about this game back when I was knee high to a grasshopper from one of those random sites you mentioned. www.onrpg.com or something like that. Like most people, I've been in love with RPGWO ever since, and like most people, I want to see RPGWO brought back in full fervor and see another golden age. While we'd absolutely love to have you in the limelight, we also appreciate that you have RL wolf going on. So just give us a server with an admin or two per work shift, who actively develop quests, and bring us new dungeons to delve with items to get, and we'll be happy.

More admins = more problems. You only need 1-2 admins who are active and don't play favorites. Also what servers are you playing that the admin never logs on?
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »
Ever feel like we're all grasping at straws for nostalgia's sake?
Shoop!