Author Topic: indieDB.com  (Read 23749 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: indieDB.com
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »
lol I found this at onrpg too...and it is still on there.

@Mongo: it isn't nostalgia, we just like the game...
@Mickey: 1 day?  current odds were on you sticking around atleast 2 weeks :P also with Gary around as admin you'd still have someone who knows how to run a server well, so that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

edit: had to add the onrpg link: http://www.onrpg.com/games/rpg-world-online/
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Roarion

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2014, 09:05:12 am »
Bring back UT as admin. Problem solved.  :)
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Gizza

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:25 am »
As Mickey said he's had his shot and fun on RPGWO and now hes bored with it too many things in life, not enough time. Most game owners just completely take it down when their done with it. So be happy it still exists, if you want a decent playerbase give it a go yourself. Advertise it on forums, local friends and online friends then get them to advertise it. Although the Admins are never on, make it a playerbase server, you don't need an Admin to hold you're hand. I'm pretty sure if they start seeing some activity going on with their own server, they become active anyway.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:13 am »
hi you are taking too long ok bye
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2014, 06:37:24 am »
 ??? did you give up on this?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2014, 10:55:42 am »
I guess I have given up. My medical problem turned out to be minor but still annoying and distracting.... yes, I admit it, I have biggest-diickest disease.

So, I can still open Phoenix for everyone. Maybe I can add more stuff to it but Gary would be @@@ there for now. As far as posting it on indeidb.com, anyone can post it actually. It doesn't need to be the creator. I just don't have it in me now or anytime soon.

Sooooo, what to do?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Roarion

« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »
I guess I have given up. My medical problem turned out to be minor but still annoying and distracting.... yes, I admit it, I have biggest-diickest disease.

So, I can still open Phoenix for everyone. Maybe I can add more stuff to it but Gary would be @@@ there for now. As far as posting it on indeidb.com, anyone can post it actually. It doesn't need to be the creator. I just don't have it in me now or anytime soon.

Sooooo, what to do?

What do you still have to do? I mean, it's a the old Phantasy map copy and pasted again right?
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2014, 02:51:10 pm »
I was gonna add some kinda tutorial map plus add the PK altar map which is the warp maze one that requires significant in world work to setup the warps.
Then I was gonna add RPGWO to indiedb.com but it required a bunch of images to do that.

So, yeah, I can open it at anytime now and it is a pretty good world.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2014, 07:10:16 pm »
I was gonna add some kinda tutorial map plus add the PK altar map which is the warp maze one that requires significant in world work to setup the warps.
Then I was gonna add RPGWO to indiedb.com but it required a bunch of images to do that.

So, yeah, I can open it at anytime now and it is a pretty good world.

Uhh... did you fix the monsters just out of curiosity?
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2014, 10:16:43 am »
Simple solution is to open source it.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »
Simple solution is to open source it.
how is that a solution?
I guess I have given up. My medical problem turned out to be minor but still annoying and distracting....
they make a little blue pill for that...I tried really hard to resist posting this

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2014, 01:34:05 pm »
OK, I opened it up.

I did rework the high level monsters.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2014, 08:56:56 pm »
Things can be changed by a community with open source, instead of one guy who refuses to change anything.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2014, 10:38:18 am »
Well, I can appreciate that some medical problem may have been causing you some issues, but I think your lack of any further work on the server has more to do with the fact that you simply have no desire to continue work on this game. It's been over a decade so that's certainly understandable, but why get our hopes up? It's just annoying when you act like you're going to put all this effort towards a new server and do a bit of advertising or something and then just disappear off the face of the earth after you've opened.

I just don't get you man, you work on random garbage or on the new version of the game despite the people who have told you they think it looks terrible (I'm not one of those people), meanwhile you've got a decent sized group of players who are still clinging on to the V1 and V2 versions even though there hasn't been a server consistently above 50 players for YEARS now. You act confused or like you have no idea what people want these days but you're completely oblivious to how so many still enjoy a 10+ year old game. The tools to create something people can enjoy and play for a good portion of time are in front of your face every day and yet you neglect to make use of them and I don't understand it.

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2014, 02:14:37 pm »
Kaios, after 10+ years of Mickey doing the same wolf, you're finally figuring it out? lol
#

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »
I think Mick loses his steam rather quickly because of what has happened over the years of the game, though it is a little wrong to get the hopes up of the left over players.

You have to think about the way we've lashed out at him over the years everything from calling him names/cursing him.. releasing server files that weren't supposed to go public (this was probably a major downfall of the game - He mentioned when it first happened not to trust the servers because they were viruses. I think the knee jerk reaction was enough to tell it was going to effect it) and the fact that (unless I've missed something) he hasn't got anything back from us since perks were relevant.

So you have a guy that owns a game, that has somehow managed to stay around regardless of us abusing him and not really giving anything really back to him. Yeah your argument might be that there are players keeping the game alive and that's because of the whole server publication. I really don't believe V2 server would have been made public if V1.15 wouldn't of been leaked years ago. Not to mention some people keep servers open to try to make a quick buck off players that are willing to pay them for services (flatten land, "hearthstones", etc..)

Anyways updating or fixing the game only has a few outcomes and really the pros don't really outweigh the cons, so I figure that's why he decided not to, and hell I could be wrong and he's just silently working away at it every few days, but in reality if he's doing this for money, he probably won't release it, he'll host it himself and put someone (more then likely someone a lot of people can't stand) in charge. I figure now-a-days he has trust issues with most players just because of the amount of bull crap we've put him through.

PS: As far as the different versions, it was an attempt to make money/modernize the game. Part of me thinks he let Jon drag him too far off course to ever really accomplish it, each version pass V2 has tried something fancy regarding graphics and if he would of stuck it out with V2 in the past and did some major work on it, interface and all. He may have been in a better position today (again leaked 1.15 didn't help this case)

I'm just here watching..

Offline Alexander

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:01 pm »
...though it is a little wrong to get the hopes up of the left over players...

The game is dead, buried, and decayed into dust.
Move along.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, like everybody here I have fond memories of RPGWO.
But now we are all old, the absence of new players + the aging yet immature community killed the game.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:27:04 pm by Alexander »
RPGWOForums Consists primarily of trolls.

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:41 pm »
Any servers up right now?

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2014, 06:38:39 am »
Just one still, Hexed. It has had a stable playerbase of like 5-10 players I think (not on all the time or at once obviously) but the server has been going for too long now and it has sucked since it opened. The admin was corrupt and I say was because I don't think he even logs on to the server any more.

There's a few people around who wouldn't mind a new one, myself included, but honestly I'm not sure how many people would really play.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2014, 01:14:25 am »
if there was a decent new server(read that as no stupid molds) I would play...

I was waiting for Roar to finish his new server, but he may have given up on it.