RPGWOForums > Announcements

indieDB.com

(1/30) > >>

Mickey Kudlo:
Gary wants to put RPGWO V1/V2 on indiedb.com
Not a bad idea but should I open up a normal V2 world first just in case?
I don't plan to mention V5 since it is different and not really very playable yet.

Jon The Great:
I would so they would have something playable otherwise no point in having the exposure if no one can play.
Edit: didn't realize their are other playable worlds

Vicious:
I disagree, as much as I like Mickey considering taking an interest in v1/v2, for as however brief as it may be, there is already a working server up, and with the current rpgwo population being as small as it is, opening another server would just make each server look less populated than they already do, and would probably cause any new players to rapidly lose interest in the game thinking it's dead.

mechanical keyboard enthusiast:

--- Quote from: Vicious on May 05, 2014, 01:17:33 pm ---I disagree, as much as I like Mickey considering taking an interest in v1/v2, for as however brief as it may be, there is already a working server up, and with the current rpgwo population being as small as it is, opening another server would just make each server look less populated than they already do, and would probably cause any new players to rapidly lose interest in the game thinking it's dead.

--- End quote ---

or go on the wrong server and get spawn killed

Kaios:
There's two servers up currently; One that is V2, safe PK and non-stealing and the other is V1, PK and stealing. I don't think opening another world that is just Fantasy non-PK or something would be very beneficial at this time. One of them would have to close first.

I'd just make sure to mention that the developer (you) is not running a server at this time and the servers that are currently running are created and ran by players themselves. (Might also be important to mention perks and that most likely a player ran server should not be charging for them.)

Anyways, that's my suggestion. Honestly though I will just say that the current servers, a not so fleshed out V1 forced PK and stealing world and a corrupted and terribly ran fantasy world may not be the best first impressions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version