Author Topic: V5 Suggestion thread  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Shaolin

V5 Suggestion thread
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:01:28 am »
As the title says V5 suggestions.

Jump on have a test before suggesting though or you may be suggesting stuff that's already in game.

I only have a couple of suggestions so far.

A weapon or 2 for testing would be great. I seem to get very small hp gains as there is no weapon to use yet to lvl fighting other than my hands.

Bar fill at lvl up. Refill hp/stam/mana/karma at lvl up to max.

Probably already planned but a usage list would be great for testing as using /item to make items is not testing the crafting side :D

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: V5 Suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19:29 am »
Thanks for testing and posting comments!

Weapons and basically readying items will come later. Want to add things chronologically, like mining, refining, blacksmith, weapons/armor, etc. Blacksmith is next on that list but I am gonna spend time now on NPCs and AI and let the dust settle on mining. Advanced NPC AI is the main reason I want to make a V5, with me trying to get NPCs to act like players in the world.

I had life and stamina goto max when players leveled but it got annoying when fighting animals that would level and Life would go back up, heh. PK would be annoying too. But I guess it only at lower levels it would happen often but decided it better to let levels stay same. Maybe I could give a random amount? Like 25% to 50%?

Yeah, the "?" button will have a usage list. Planning on it soon since the usage is starting to get complicated and stuff.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Shaolin

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:58:47 am »
Hi Mickey,

never even occurred to me the npc's getting health at lvl up. That would have been insane for the old clones, they'd never die for at least 5 mins till they stopped lvling up.

Maybe some stam food or a way of increasing your regen ticks would be a better idea then as its always been 6 stam ticks as far back as I can remember with no way of increasing it unless you learn magic.

The AI is good news I like the way you get a ton of flies when there is rotting corpses all over the place. But the downside was I had to go clear up behind Jon as he had left rotting rats and spiders all over the floor and I was swarmed with fly's even in the mine :D

Punching rotting corpse's to remove them wasn't fun. Maybe a use for corpse on stone furnace to get ash or dispose of the body would be good until we can smith a Garbage Can.

Offline Shaolin

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:46 am »
Had a bit of a thought while sitting here mining with mess on the floor all around me.

For storage containers maybe we could have sacks as a starter made from string or sheets made from fibre then turned to sacks which give say 5-10 storage.

Then we could go on to wicker chests made from palm fronds maybe drying them out first in the furnace then weaving them on a loom or by hand with some branches as a frame the traditional way with say 10-15 slots of storage

Then when we learn to make planks wooden chests 15-20 slots and so on and so on so people are requiring higher skills for better chests to store more items.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »
with cupboards being the largest container but you can only lift them when they're empty?  lol HnH flashbacks!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Shaolin

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 06:54:48 am »
I have a suggestion for our stats. At the moment they don't seem to affect our skill levels other than we gain certain stats for using certain skills.

Would it be possible to make them used like this:

Str: increases your base damage before equipping a weapon and the weapon adds to the damage

Dex: increases your base defense

Wis: kinda like mana conversion has a chance to lower spell costs

Int: increases your base spell damage and spells add to the damage

Quickness: a bit of a loss here as to what it could affect as the others cover most everything.

Luck and charisma already have plans I think so I left this 2 out.

Offline Brendan

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:03 am »
1920x1080 res???

isnt that res becoming the norm nowadays

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 01:32:50 pm »
When you get attacked and your entire screen flashes red.. it's a bit much. I see what you were going for, but any way you could tone it down a bit?
Shoop!

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:01 am »
When you get attacked and your entire screen flashes red.. it's a bit much. I see what you were going for, but any way you could tone it down a bit?

I sorta agree. I will try a more percentage/point based approach. The more damage done to you, the more annoying/bright the red gets. So if it just a scratch then it quick, light red. Then scale it up as damage goes up.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!