Author Topic: Currency  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Currency
« on: October 09, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »
Want to use 4 ores for coins: copper, silver, gold, platinum. Each one has a value 10 X more than the previous.

1 Copper = 1
1 Silver = 10
1 Gold = 100
1 Platinum = 1000

The ore is also 10 X more rare as you go up in value. With copper having 1000 spots per sector and platinum has 1 spot.

These ore would not be used for pure armor but could be used for gilding or something: Silvered Iron Plate Chest Armor.
Maybe it would give magic or some other resistence.

They would for sure all be used in jewelry making: crucibles and molds, etc. Maybe each metal gives +2 or +5 per level.

Probably use CP for CoPper or Copper Pieces.

You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Currency
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:14 pm »
instead of naming each type of coin you could have a generic currency name(bits comes to mind first for me, but you could also call them some other name) and each type of metal makes different values of bits.  so you get a set amount of bits from each ore, but we still only have 1 coin type, but still allows your idea of making them from more than 1 type of precious metal.

also how about changing it to a 3 metal system?  I don't think we really need platinum.  then make each metal 5 times more valuable than the last...that way you can do 10 from copper 50 from silver and 250 from gold.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?