Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Vicious

I'm back!
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »
Well, I'm back after a much needed break, I have decided to go back to work on my server, which is still pretty early in development. So currently, I am open to all idea's you have or would like to see in a server, so post away, I'm currently looking for a way to make cooking more useful, any thoughts on that subject would be much appreciated.

Also, why is no one playing Hex? Sure it's been up for a while, but it's still a great server, go back and play it guys.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:07:51 pm »
I'm currently looking for a way to make cooking more useful, any thoughts on that subject would be much appreciated.
pickling, curing, canning!  most people only want jerky because it doesn't go bad, so more foods that don't go bad are pretty much the only way to go.  dried fruit don't go bad either, but they suck as food(atleast on most servers...you get the same amount of food from eating the seeds). 

as far as ideas for your server...is it your basic renaissance style, modern world, or some fusion/hybrid?  I have tons of ideas, but they don't all fit with each style. :P
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Vicious

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:14:05 pm »
I didn't really mean other types of food, I meant what can we add to food to make it more useful than just as food? And it will be the basic medieval style server.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:11:32 pm »
Maybe higher level monsters drop stuff which needs to be cooked to extract certain nutrients which can then be used to make stronger potions/add permanent enhancements to weapons/armor or something.
Stopped playing Hex because the player base died, was a great server and i'd consider playing again if the player base returned.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:49 pm »
ohh you meant that...same problem with tailoring, and I've never really found a cure for it :-\

ideas for medieval:

warlords run each town-
each warlord has a small 'army'
as a trader/crafter you can help supply his army for xp and cash(work around for npc shops :P)
as a fighter you can join the army and go on missions(a reason for a bunch of quests)
could use the gawd codes for each warlord so you can only work for 1

more to alchemy-
can add some early types of explosives(basic gunpowder stuff)
make potions as mixtures of different things not just 1 plant makes this another plant makes that

its the iron age-
I know Mickey likes to have weapons made from each metal and have them getting better with better metals, but a gold sword would suck(gold is heavy and isn't very strong) so weapons and armors should mostly be iron based(better stuff would be steel of course).  maybe some stuff made from copper since bronze was still used some during the iron age.  maybe other metals can be used to decorate weapons?

multi step production-
making a sword for example: heat your metal hammer it into a blade(curved/straight/short/medium/long) then add a handle/handguard/hilt(or combination of those) to it to make the final weapon.  or with a xbow you'd need to make the stock, then the trigger, then add those to each other then add a bow then string it.  different stock and bow combinations could make different types.

weapon types-
there are some weapons I like that never seem to make it into games:
halberds
bills
poleaxes
voulges
glaives(maybe all of those can be used with polearm skill?)
change chakrams(spelling and use) they should be added to ammo slot and only get them back after a fight

thats all I really have for now...also if you're going to make it a V2 server make it no stealing as there is a weird glitch with create warp stone that makes it impossible to keep people out of your house.

Offline Vicious

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
Stopped playing Hex because the player base died, was a great server and i'd consider playing again if the player base returned.

You need to start playing now, everyone doesn't play because it looks dead, which is why it stays dead, it's not even really that "Dead" at the moment there are 7 people online.

I never planned on making my server Stealing, I am probably going with the normal, non pk, higher level sector's pk with pk alter optional. I was thinking about using gold as decorations on weapons and armor, though the other ores will be used as normal, iron steel and copper are just too limiting, Polearm was actually a skill on nexus I believe, and even so spear and staff are too similar to polearm to really have that as a skill by itself without removing one or both of the others, I'm already putting a lot of work into alchemy, and if you would like multiple plants for a potion I will need a lot more plant images, if you're good at making images, make some samples and I'll take a look at them.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:15 am »
I'm already putting a lot of work into alchemy, and if you would like multiple plants for a potion I will need a lot more plant images, if you're good at making images, make some samples and I'll take a look at them.
with multiple plants to make 1 potion you actually don't need as many plants. 
for example:
-now you grind a red rose use an alembic on it and get a life potion. 
-with 2 plants per potion you'd get a red rose oil from that usage and combine that with something else to get a life potion(or other potion). 
-with 3 plants per potion you'd use the red rose oil on another distilled plant to get an elixer(or something else that fits the scheme), then use a third plant to get the potion.

current system with 50 potions you'd need 26 plants(25 minors plus mana plant)
using 2 plants you could do the same with 10 plants(total of 55 total potion options)
using 3 plants you could do it with even fewer, but might be too much of a mess

2 plant system:
Plant 1 can mix with plants1-10 for 10 different potions
Plant 2 can mix with plants2-10 for 9 more potions
Plant 3 can mix with plants3-10 for 8
Plant 4 can mix with plants4-10 for 7
Plant 5 can mix with plants5-10 for 6
plant 6 can mix with plants6-10 for 5
plant 7 can mix with plants7-10 for 4
plant 8 can mix with plants8-10 for 3
plant 9 can mix with plants9-10 for 2
plant 10 can mix with itself for the final potion

Offline Vicious

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 01:17:33 pm »
I appreciate the ideas, though I am really only looking for solutions for cooking.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Crimson

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »
Holy cow!  I didn't realize there were still functioning servers out there!  I thought RPGWO got nuked in like 2011.... >_>    Might have to get back into this!