Author Topic: Video post  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Hubo

Video post
« on: May 16, 2013, 10:33:33 am »
Hi! I am rather new but I have been playing RPGwo for quite sometime. I thought I would give my thoughts on the game in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8iikqepYCM&feature=youtu.be

Anyways I hope you enjoy the video.

Offline Hubo

Re: Video post
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 10:38:02 am »
Oh yeah pay no attention to my teeth. My heritage is Irish and Welsh.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 01:38:28 pm »
"my opinion of RPGWO is that its dead"

that part made me laugh, but you said some stuff in there I've been saying for a while:
-as a trader there are no quests and it gets boring after a while
-noobs have no clue what they're doing and no guides so most just quit
-most of us are asses, so noobs don't get much help there

I honestly think if someone wrote up a good guide for this game, Mickey made a new server, and we talked about it to people we know from other games it could come back bigger and better...but with Mickey giving up(sort of?) I don't see it happening.  so come play HnH like the rest of us!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Hubo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10:24 pm »
I tried Haven and Hearth and I thought the pace was way too slow. It had that exploration nostalgia that I got from RPGwo but it was still lacking player-to-player interaction.

Offline Roarion

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:00:30 pm »
"my opinion of RPGWO is that its dead"

that part made me laugh, but you said some stuff in there I've been saying for a while:
-noobs have no clue what they're doing and no guides so most just quit
-most of us are asses, so noobs don't get much help there

I honestly think if someone wrote up a good guide for this game, Mickey made a new server, and we talked about it to people we know from other games it could come back bigger and better...but with Mickey giving up(sort of?) I don't see it happening.  so come play HnH like the rest of us!

Actually gave HnH a quick try. Way more confusing then RPGWO in my opinion. Lasted about 10 minutes in the game before realizing I had no idea what was going on. I was spawned in some room with janky NPC's that gave no guidance and ended up quitting.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »
Just saw the video and it was nice to see. Brought back the good, the bad and the ugly memories, heh.

The trade skill system was very unique at the time. Now "crafting" is common place. The system can use a ton or work for sure. NPC demands would be good too. Probably what ruined traders chances was monster drops and dungeon treasure spawns. When a combat player can get what they need from the wild then player traders are useless.

I would love to see a much more sim-like world where everything has an origin. Like an orc you kill drops the axe it was using that he made cuz he mined cuz he smithed it cuz he had the ore, etc. But we could debate it forever i suppose. I guess it annoys me playing rpg games now a days that spawn crap out of no where. Yeah I am getting old, 40 now :)

Yes, the game is dead. Not cuz of me or the players really. It's cuz it is 13 years old and needs an entire modernization. I tried a few times with some V2 worlds but it is just the same old crap. V3 and V4 are decent attempts but they really lacked the new player vibe that really spurred me on in the early days of Visual Basic gaming, 2000-2001.

I think that is the key... getting and keeping me motivated. I been playing an alpha version, online rpg on android, Winter Sun, and I get that new vibe feeling and I think maybe it might be what I need, what I am missing to light a fire under my ass. With AGK, I would be able to make a android and windows client to make everyone happy.

So, I haven't forgotten about V4 that uses the silverlight client. Might switch it over or start something new. Who knows. I do like the whole sim-rpg-sandbox idea.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 04:29:31 pm »
@Roarion they're not there for "guidance" each npc in that room has a specific role. 
1 to set your gender
2 to set your name
3 to use a HS and play with a friend

once you've set your name and gender if you're all alone just use the ladder to go out into the actual game where you can interact with everything.  before you do maybe you should read Jackard's guide and keep a link to the Wiki on hand...and just so you know thats far more help than anyone gets when starting RPGWO.  I still remember the first character I ever made in this game way back on Steel Tide having spear as a fighting skill, no melee defense, red and blue magic, and full on trade skills with nothing specialized.  it only takes a little time playing before you realize how fail that set up is...killed by giant roach, can't mine/smith crap, and all your spells fizzle!

@Mickey get motivated or you won't get the antidote to the poison(sorry watched the Indiana Jones marathon saturday on spike and its all still stuck in my head).  you made a great game and even if you're not everyone else here is sad to see it go :'(

Offline Hubo

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »
Mickey is going to need more than motivation here. It is going to take some inspiration and evolve this game to the next level. Hell Mickey, I ain't afraid to put down some money to play rpgwo in its modernized version if that is what it is going to take to bring this game back to life. 

Offline Roarion

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:59:09 am »

Bumped post @Greatest - What does trader quest mean to you? A room filled with trees that you farm and turn in the logs for some XP? A large set of walls you break through with a drill to get to some prize? An equ zone where you can use a cooking knife to chop off some elf heads? Anything I can think of like the above ideas? Provide some skill specific examples if you can please. Thanks!
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:09:50 pm »
lol 2 year old thread:

I posted some very general ideas at the end of this post, but there are other things that could be done.  I've given lots of ideas time and time again on this forum and I don't think any of my trader/crafter quest ideas have ever been used...and I'm too sleepy to think up any more right now!

Offline Roarion

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 08:49:14 am »
lol 2 year old thread:

I posted some very general ideas at the end of this post, but there are other things that could be done.  I've given lots of ideas time and time again on this forum and I don't think any of my trader/crafter quest ideas have ever been used...and I'm too sleepy to think up any more right now!
I thought you had posted some stuff before, but the search function gave me only this thread. Thanks for the link!
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin