Author Topic: New World Anyone?  (Read 25294 times)

Offline Zorb

Re: New World Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:54 am »
Hey, i wanna go back to thinking about the jurassic, modern, and stone age worlds for a second.
Here's an idea: Make a world where you start off in the stone age with modern technology. Yes super Jurassic etc etc. That's about less than half the world.
The other half will be the modern city you've been talking about. In the second or third quest, you find a way to get back to your own time! then you end up in the second half of the world.
To ensure all players find use for both halves of the world (current time and Jurassic time), make the first jurassic half ideal for levels 1-20ish in one section. (let me draw you a diagram later) and in the other section have T-rex and huge dinosaurs! this would be ideal for levels 30-60ish. THen in the modern half(or futuristic, or post-apoc) Make several sections, one for levels 15-25, one for 29-43ish and another for 44-100. lol

Okay, so what i'm thinking:
Section one:
, three quests. levels 1-20. Jurassic, velocoraptors, little dinosaurs, all beasts, no dinosaurs that look like they're half human in this jurassic world. Cavemen town, etc. stone age stuff. (and remember, our characters are time travelers, so the know how to make guns...etc.) By the end of the thrid quest, we unlock the ability to warp(time warp, time travel) to teh other half of the world.
Section two:
Modern world, intermediate quests, lots of fun stuff. City is broken down, most of this map is a city, (just like oyu wanted Mickey) here, dinosaurs have been fused with robots and humans and stuff. We have some human bandits too. this world sounds super badass huh?
Section three:
Jurrassic:
Large T-rexes, very hard to kill monsters, equivelant to drakes. It's almost like a different type of jungle too. absolutely no NPC towns, this place is voerrun with scary scary dinos.
Section four:
Not as hard as section three, (did i make it seem like all of these HAVE to be in this order? they dont, once oyu complete the first section, you have free-reign.) this is in the modern world, drug cartels, mad scientists, etc.etc.

Section five:
The hard part in the modern world. Mutants, cross between dinosaurs and other junk. Crazy lul.

Okay, isn't that a great world idea?? I'll help if oyu need me to! I'd love to!
ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)

Offline Interknet

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 06:35:18 pm »
Humans weren't alive when dinosaurs were.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 08:25:10 pm »
what about crafters? 

if theres a quest that has to be done to get to another section and most quest are "go kill that and bring back what it drops" you'd have no crafters past tier 1. 

even if they were to buy the item from a fighter, what would be the point of them going to the next section?  if there are only going to be small monsters that maybe won't be able to kill me in 1 hit in an area I'm not going to go to the area where all the monsters will definitely kill me in 1 hit...
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Zorb

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 09:31:47 am »
okay, there can be some sectors of wilderness for them. but really, what are quests besides killing monsters?
I suppose i meant the quests and training areas are for that level. In other worlds, do traders go very far past town? I just kinda walked along the 50 yard line.
But you're right, traders need some high level stuff too. The areas could be people-friendly but the quest sure wont be. And that's just because, what use do quests have to traders?

***Maybe with the quest thing, one person can "activate" a "time warp stone" the time warp stone stays active for 30 seconds, whoever uses it for those 30 seconds can then warp back and forth freely.

I had some other ideas, as a continue to the same world i was throwing ideas at before.
Trap could be a very useful skill for taking done large dinosaurs. Also, a bomb trap? It requires a very high weaponsmith (or blacksmith, alchemy, whatever the modern equivalent is) to create bombs and they only get one use. Trap skill is required to be very high. So we can set traps and run away! then the level 40 dies! yay!
I'm just throwing ideas around.
I think the plants could start out in different tiers. Attribute-plants can't be found until tier 2, all others are in tier 1.
ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)

Offline yeahs

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:33 am »
I always dreamt of the idea of apartment buildings in an mmorpg. or a futuristic housing concept like one the space ship in wall e. If you could somehow make a 5 story building with different player rights thatd be interesting.

That is possible with V2 now using the floating maps. Well, should be, heh.

The issue is ppl can claim a floor and remove the stairs going up... oh, just make the map like 20 X 25 and put the stairs past the 20 mark and PLOT claim past the 20 mark. Remind me to add at least one. But no view tho.

that would be damn awesome. that would fit perfectly with your city world. the apartments would be in the city, make like 10 plots around the center or more if you want of apartments with a central area for shops. there could be warps to zones etc. maybe put warps to different quests in the area etc. itd be futurists.

Ive also played a bunch of text based mmos that have almost everything I dreamt of in a mmorpg like achaea but its pay to win. i recommond any serious gamer to try it. they have ideas where you are assigned a player run city with actual ranks and roleplaying (lol)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 10:26:25 am »
Zorb's idea would be like Stargate I think.
 - main planet map with a city covering most, like 600x600 with city being 400x400 or something
 - off world planets could then be anything
  - stone age
  - dino
  - modern
  - dune
  - labyrinth
  - phantasy
  - futuristic
  - post-apocyliptic
  - zombie-land
  - vorth planet
  - anything really if you ever watched the TV show

Each off-world would have its own address on the stargate for you to discover.
They would probably be no bigger than 400x400 for a planet type.
Each off-world would have risks and rewards for both combatants and traders. Like different resources available to mine, etc.

The only problem is... Ganymede player(s) are being D*I*C*K*S and have lag attacked Phantasy and now Hex. And it was probably the admins on there that did it or encouraged it.

Wtf should I spend all sorts of time on this to be S*H*I*T on?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:28:03 am by Mickey Kudlo »
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:03 am »
How do you know who is doing it? Or that it's even happening? At least for Phantasy I guess you would have their IP and could actually see it happening but did Roarion confirm this happening on Hex?

They are a bunch of losers so it wouldn't surprise me that it is happening but I haven't heard or seen anything anyways. Hex has been lagging on occasion but I only assumed it was just the host being used.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Zorb

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »
hmm, if that can be proved, do we really need to keep ganymede on the list at all? I mean... if they're gonna sabotage a struggling community, why keep them around?

The stargate idea may be so much content (in the way of images mostly) that it could never be fully finished. But it would be awesome to play in that world!
We'd need help. Maybe we'll have @@@Mickey and then content creators form other servers could be @admins and create a few worlds with a couple quests! Group effort where Mickey is the main creator and maintainer, but he doesn't have to create everything himself. :D
Oh, each new planet could be a new "biome" the plants on A don't grow on B. Planets B and C have a few compatible species of vegetation. Tame number 3 can't survive on planet D but thrives on planet A.
(i'm sure there wasn't any confusion, but just in case, my first post was meant to be seen as two worlds, not multiple)

ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 01:40:34 pm »
The way I would go about making the world and content would be in steps of worlds.

- Initial opening: earth/home map with basic content, i think a 400x400, solid city, to force people off-world for resources, etc.
- each week after, add a new portal destination with new content

Would be easier for me plus gives players something to look forward too each week.

I wouldn't care where the graphics came from either this time that way it would be easier to aquire.

Offline Zorb

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »
Well alright. are these worlds purely open for any fantasy? or do they have to be believable?
Here's some planets:

-Fungus Planet, poisonous, houses *ruin* faster. world is more volatile, maybe shifting landscapes on unclaimed land? (elevation i mean)
- Red desolate planet, rich in minerals, ores, more underground layers than others, long valleys with no climb skill required, long mountain ranges with climb require req, possibly you have to climb to avoid powerful monster spawns >:D
-Desert planet with mostly scrapped robots. not a lot of humans, lost of junk, trash planet.
-pink fuzzy planet, idk why...
-Planet controlled entirely by Gravyn (Gravyn federation, lul, like in Sci-Fi?)
-Jurassic planet, (almost forgot)
-Ancient tribal planet, (but they're REALLY good at magic, so, high level Shamans?)

That's all i can think of right now. I'll throw some more around later.
ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 12:00:24 am »
my post was more about when players leave that first area they wouldn't have access to crafters for repairs and equipment, but if you can travel back and forth then thats no big deal...

I like the stargate idea!  would be even neater if some items were rare in some maps/planets but abundant on others.  I could see this as a good way to make alchemy more fun if plants were only native to certain planets, of course once you bring the plants back they can grow anywhere though.  remember my idea of mixing things to get a potion instead of just distilling 1 thing?  this could make that system even more fun if you have plant A only found on Planet 2 and plant b only found on Planet 5 and these 2 plants make a potion that gives a +50 hero style boost...

your different style planets could also add more to the game.  I could see a desert planet having good mineral content with few plants, while a jungle planet would have lots of plant life but not so good for minerals...

Offline osuki

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 03:09:40 am »
I like the idea of a Stargate system. Would this be a modern type world? Or would it be a normal type?
Maybe bring back race alliances with inter-planetary travel... have 3 starting points you chose upon making your character and it's Race Home Planet vs Other Races Home Planet style with other types of planets used for resources? Races being... Grayvyns, Dinos, Viking? Elk? Harpies? Dragons? Etc...

Would bring back the good ole Phobos feeling if it were PK and Stealing enabled lol. Giving good use to some skills like deception, stealth, locksmith, first aid, and good house building skills.

Off topic:
How are they lag attacking? chicken eggs? That's always popular -.-
Just item wipe chicken eggs and baby chickens and baby pigs or whatever every world save xD?

Offline Gestation

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:48 am »
What if one of the portals opened up to Steeltide or an old world too? would make it easier to reuse older material while giving a bit of nostalgia. heck, you could put version .5 with big gray balls and lightsabers =)
PYR8 Tilur

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 01:03:19 pm »
@osuki - It is modern world content but can still use the fantasy stuff but for the most part, redoing it all except cross over stuff like plants and walls, etc.

Hmm, could do race choice. You get a homeworld. Each one is 400x400, smallish thus forces you out and about. I can see PK and stealing too at least NOT in homeworld maps.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 03:59:51 pm »
Gaaahh!!! I actually opened the server2 source and made changes and compiled it! Nooooooooo!

Well, I needed to see how to link to floating maps up/down so you can dig cave entrances and go below and mine it. Just need to code a way to add ore veins plus vegetation on the surface. Then I am pretty sure this SG idea can work.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:42 am »
pk would definitely work in a world like that since there are lots of places to hide...but there are some glitches with V2 making it impossible to keep people from bumping into your land.  if you do: wall-> empty pits-> walls there will still be a cave entrance/exit on the empty pits which the person can use to get over the next wall.  if you find a fix for the new bumping glitches I have no problem with theft, but as long as there is absolutely no way to keep people out of your land theft is a bad idea in my opinion.

possible fixes:
maybe make it so cave entrances/exits won't stack on the ground like normal items
don't have an auto cave entrance when you go out an exit(like it was back in V1)
remove warpstones

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:33 am »
possible fixes:
maybe make it so cave entrances/exits won't stack on the ground like normal items
don't have an auto cave entrance when you go out an exit(like it was back in V1)
remove warpstones

Especially this one. I always made use of the fact that you could have an exit underground and go up without an entrance appearing. It is handy sometimes.

Don't remove warpstones though.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 11:43:27 am »
lol I only suggested that part because I don't think warpstones will really have a place in a modern style world anyway...

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 11:56:19 am »
lol I only suggested that part because I don't think warpstones will really have a place in a modern style world anyway...

An advanced tech world could have "transporters" but the issue with wall hopping is "Create Warpstone" spell which goes away. But eventually players could make something, somehow, maybe.

Also, sounds like it needs smarter "cave exit" placing when going down.

Offline Zorb

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 08:34:33 pm »
Use climb skill to ascend mountains. and ascending the mountains is actually a new layer, like we said for the apartment things. Need climb skill 80 for one layer above ground, need 100 for layer two, 125 for three. 300 for level 6 or something.
ZEB (and sometiems Zorb)