Author Topic: Thoughts about Phantasy  (Read 2103 times)

Offline yeahs

Thoughts about Phantasy
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:47:52 am »
I think the 5x5 world layout with quests in many of the sectors was a success. The format used in a lot of the quests where there were spawns of 15 mobs in a large instanced sector is easy to replicate to make more quests and provides a good training place for players.

The new exp system seems to be based on level only. This means you could train in the golem quest all the way  from level 50 to level 700 attack and melee defense. This is kind of simple. The exp is also slower compared to other worlds with a level 55 monster giving about 1-2k exp per hit.

I liked the pk exp bonus which gave players 20 percent more combat experience. Im not sure if it only effects attack only or defense as well. It would have been nice to see it give a blanket bonus since many things can be considered useful for pks. I also wish the pk altar was accessible to everyone, not a quest. It should be in a safe place in town like in a church setting. This would let traders become pk for the exp and create the environment of a fully pk world in an optional pk/non pk world.

Macroing blacksmithing with the crucible system is still easy giving you lots of exp for almost no work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:50:52 am by yeahs »

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Re: Thoughts about Phantasy
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:35:57 pm »
Nice to hear.
I wish I could spend more time (or any time for that matter) in the world dealing with players and building more but December got busy with this and that and I guess also burn out sunk in.
It was a lot of work done to it in November: 3.5 cities, 17 or so quests, many new monsters, etc. I can't think of any world that has had so much and in so little a time.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »
You did put a lot of effort into this server in terms of maps and stuff, but there always seems to be a bunch of little things that really kill a server that you never seem to be around for.

(Not removing all that damon in the world, sector spawns are pretty poor, the new leveling system seems like it needs some tweaks, etc.)

The quests are nice but people want to switch it up once in awhile, training gets boring.

I don't know. The server really wasn't bad and I know my self and others do appreciate the time you spent before it opened but you know how it tends to go already I guess.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »
the few days I actually got to play I had fun, even with the really high level requirements for some basic stuff(bs requirement to make coins is crazy high).  I never ventured more than a sector out of town, and nooby island had nothing for traders(usage or practice area would have been nice but no biggy) forcing us straight to mainland where the few npcs there didn't really buy much...

overall I'd say it was a pretty good server, even though it was geared more towards fighters and has a lot of drawbacks for crafters(mining a monster in the middle of your living room is bad).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Aurora

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »
I like it, it got me back into RPGWO.
-RPGWO-
VRZ Staff - Staff - Xerxes - lvl 28 - Retired
Aurora - Mage - Asylum - lvl 37 - Retired
Borealis - Mage - Pyramid - lvl 23 - Retired
Borealis - Mage - Claytonia - lvl 15 - Retired
Aurora - Mage - Phantasy - lvl 7 - Retired
-League of Legends-
Auronon