Author Topic: What is going on with rpgwo.  (Read 9907 times)

Offline Gimpy

Re: What is going on with rpgwo.
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 04:53:24 pm »
stop acting like blizzard and do what your playerbase wants. do v4 on the side and host a decent world, we had one 100% new content world then shanes computer died and hes to lazy to get the info from his hardrive, and when you have played your game for 10+ years. you have the right to bitch about silly names

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15:08 pm »
pick a real name for the server..

When YOU spend 12 years making an online game, then you may call your world(s) whatever you like :)

I am still not sure I want to commit to do this only because it is really nothing new, the same old world that players (and myself) get bored with after a month or so. I started making a town to realize "I've done this like a million times... boring!"

We really need entirely new content, like a modern world or future world or even a stone age world or a reneisance era world (muskets, etc) or a Gimpy's Narf world!!! It would be a 3-6 month commitment from me but I am already committed to V4 unless the content carried over then I guess I would do a modern world.

Now I feel like I am being sucked back into the V2 vortex of stagnation, bleh.

Maybe I should start bothering with this game again, I got like 100 players on my server while the official servers had around 20. Could probably do it again, but I'm lazy and broke.

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2012, 05:21:56 pm »
You should put the edit function back into the forums.

Anyways, you should re-upload V2 since you took it down for whatever reason. Unless you have a newer version and would like to release that  ::).

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »
If you can release a method to reverse .dats to inis I can finish my script for mass editing inis and other world files.
Then I'll create a world with 100,000+ weapons/armor, if the server is capable. As well as a mix of all the best items and images I have in my archives (I think 15000 unique images 32x32 images)
Are there theoretical or actual limitations to number of items a server can handle?

The issue I have right now is I don't have a solid ini / image combination I can start working off of and I am too lazy to start from scratch.

When YOU spend 12 years making an online game, then you may call your world(s) whatever you like :)

I am still not sure I want to commit to do this only because it is really nothing new, the same old world that players (and myself) get bored with after a month or so. I started making a town to realize "I've done this like a million times... boring!"

We really need entirely new content, like a modern world or future world or even a stone age world or a reneisance era world (muskets, etc) or a Gimpy's Narf world!!! It would be a 3-6 month commitment from me but I am already committed to V4 unless the content carried over then I guess I would do a modern world.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:29:38 pm by Jordonias »

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »
Borderlands 3: RPGWO

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2012, 05:51:35 pm »
If you can release a method to reverse .dats to inis I can finish my script for mass editing inis and other world files.
Then I'll create a world with 100,000+ weapons/armor, if the server is capable. As well as a mix of all the best items and images I have in my archives (I think 15000 unique images 32x32 images)
Are there theoretical or actual limitations to number of items a server can handle?

The issue I have right now is I don't have a solid ini / image combination I can start working off of and I am too lazy to start from scratch.

For which server? Do you have .dat's?

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 06:17:16 pm »
I have dats for maybe 50+ servers on my other hard drive. I was just going to make a script to match all instances of an item and write an efficient way to sort through them.
75% of these dats have matching images.

For which server? Do you have .dat's?

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »
I could probably figure out how to reverse them but I don't have a Windows machine atm to play with the server to compare inis versus dats.

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
Lazy. I did it over a couple period of days But you will reverse items first before you you do item usages.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
Lazy? or I hate Windows.

Would need drastic changes to the server otherwise it wouldn't be worth it either.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:51 pm »

Anyways, you should re-upload V2 since you took it down for whatever reason. Unless you have a newer version and would like to release that  ::).

rpgwo.com/server2.zip is still there so not sure what you saying?

Lazy? or I hate Windows.

Would need drastic changes to the server otherwise it wouldn't be worth it either.

Why does everyone say it needs "drastic" or "major" changes but you don't say it plus... you still play it, oh well. Makes me think about converting it to vb.net again.

And the item limit is probably 32k.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »

Anyways, you should re-upload V2 since you took it down for whatever reason. Unless you have a newer version and would like to release that  ::).

rpgwo.com/server2.zip is still there so not sure what you saying?

It wasn't available when I tried.

Offline Cky

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 11:44:08 pm »
 :o
1st ST -lvl 34 BlackMage ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 36 Thrower ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 24 Bow ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 47 Thrower ~ Retired

Nulona-lvl 28 Thrower ~ Quit

Calamity-lvl 46 Macer ~ Active

Offline Zer0smage

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 05:41:29 am »
Wow.. I totally do agree with Gimpy what he was saying.. If you can have a server where everyone has damon/the world in their pocket, what's the sense?

Its been nice lately however, gotten a lot of old players to play again.. Now is the time to wait for a better server to open up.. One that isn't corrupted or has some crazy stuff goin on.

I personally want to see what happens soon. Its been too tigering long since I've actually seen an admin that does what she/he should do or says they will do.

Offline Zer0smage

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2012, 05:55:26 am »
But again with what Gimpy said, there is really only one world that is up right now. So the player base on Truly's server is quite high. Hopefully he will be smart enough to get someone that is experienced and can actually administrate.. Not someone that will do all these "rage quits" and "Corruption"... Not exactly sure why it happens... But hey, that's on them.

Offline gas

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »
For me Trully's server falls to same category as Saints one.Not because it does have corrupted admin-related options,but there was no(or scratch) official info about it on this forum and i bet half of rpgwo community confuses these two.

Offline Naz-T

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
Greeting from Liberty... At least that's what I think the server was named when I played this game so long ago... The only persons name I can remember is Admin Gwenyvere if that's even how you spell it.

I periodically check up on old games such as this to see what's new, and I'm surprised/glad to see something new is happening! I can't wait to see the result, as I'm in the middle of choosing what game to play next.

Offline Generic Black Guy

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 89
    Attack Member
  • in it for the lolz
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 07:07:03 pm »
Look,

Gimpy is 100% correct about Saint. It is utter garbage. Its like a nest of maggots that Saint tosses wolf on just to feed. there is no real content, and paying REAL MONEY for things like a dedicated spot, or short term boosts, makes your server less legit than an aids infected horsey offering you a freebie. close your server and gdiaf. I played for exactly 10 minutes before finding it repulsive. Grind fest? thats what makes this game good, so you can lord your high level and stat character over others. your server is like a special ed kindergarten, and it sickens me to even have logged on it. I really hope you offer something more tangible for the "profits" you apparently rake in, even though I make twice that in 3 hours work. Noob admins? you dont read the forums much? maybe you might have needed too. you know what, dont take gimpy's advice and play the game, cause your the same type of nub that cried on fancy lad because people killed you.

second, the main site for rpgwo is down, why?

third, mickey, do what you do, toss a world up, but if you need help, I will gladly do it.

fourth, sup my friends.

"Where ever white people go, you damn sure know we will follow."
Black Motto

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 07:10:40 am »
what? lol