Author Topic: All RPGWO servers are currently down.  (Read 13487 times)

Offline Chronomancer

Re: All RPGWO servers are currently down.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 02:59:22 am »
ohh i remember that nick, only a few ppl call me that so i can already guess who you are.  i remember a lot of you hah, lets play :)

Offline Generic Black Guy

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 89
    Attack Member
  • in it for the lolz
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 01:05:44 pm »
I'd like to monkey around with the Horizon/Dem files, to see if i can make a meshup or a new server. I really dont have all the time to create a server from scratch as work is beating me like a rented mule.
"Where ever white people go, you damn sure know we will follow."
Black Motto

Offline gas

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:50 pm »
I was always wandering,if the hosting isnt that big problem why not copy and paste old files(or content if theres problem in versions) from any succesfull server like shadow,nulona,st etc.Its matter of few minutes and i bet 90% of people (not necessary from whole rpgwo community,but only from this forum) would still play it actively

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »
yeah until they cry like little babies about no updates or some problem or another and quit
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:44 pm »
or get to level 50

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »
Servers are cheap you guys you can get a vps at burst.net for like 12.95 with windows.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 10:45:12 am »
This is the worst time of the year to open anything or even start work on a world because everyone starts back at school so time is limited. Unless you bring a laptop to school, heh.

And if V2 was soooo broken, why was is playable? Dammit, don't answer, then why am I asking?

I have been working on my Single player SandBoxRPG lately.

Probably will try and convert RPGWO V2 to VB.Net some time early next year and focus on a modern world since I never really made any except the Mission worlds.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:41 pm »
yea someone just throw up a shadow style world, theres enough content on there it doesnt really need to be updated

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:37 am »
And if V2 was soooo broken, why was is playable? Dammit, don't answer, then why am I asking?

it wasn't completely broken...think of it like a watch where the strap is broken.  as a whole the watch is broken, but it still keeps perfect time and has an alarm and stopwatch function(great watch).  thats sort of how V2 was it was mostly fine it just had its quirks(like the bumping bug with warp stones), though that bug only matters on stealing servers so on normal non stealing servers or servers without warp stones you never hear complaints about it!

so in a normal nonstealing server, or even a stealing server that doesn't have the create warpstone spell V2 works fine(the watch keeping perfect time), in servers where there is stealing and warpstones it doesn't(the broken strap)...and people always look at things as a whole so 'the watch is broken' instead of just 'the strap is broken'.

easy fix just remove the strap and keep the watch in your pocket(no create warpstone), perfect fix get a new strap(recode create warpstone)
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 08:24:44 am »
I have already told you whats wrong with v2. you just dont listen. thats why every single v2 server has failed *except nexus v2* and thats becouse exp was turned up alittle less then 2x. and even that dident fix anything

Offline Kinux

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 11:30:21 pm »
easy fix just remove the strap and keep the watch in your pocket(no create warpstone), perfect fix get a new strap(recode create warpstone)

Or do what I did with my Ini's make the wall warp you to another spot, or if you get onto it it kills you. Also Greatest, You have to move ONTO the wall for it to trigger the effects. You would have known that if you read through the topic instead of read-skim-skip the rest-post.

Oh, hmm, could make warpstones not blockmovement. But if you got more then one person or something, it would be bypassed.

Or fix walls, but would be complex, have separate walls, N/E/S/W and if player gets on wall, it pushing them off/warps them to the spot to the N/E/S/W of the wall, depending on the wall.

And I'm not sure how many others people really took this barely a issue to heart, what a steal server with warp stones, I'll play for a week then quit, while I'm at it, going claim right next to town. If more people felt like it was their #1 issue with the game and posted it as much as you, I don't think anymore would also post it.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 01:42:44 am »
Also Greatest, You have to move ONTO the wall for it to trigger the effects. You would have known that if you read through the topic instead of read-skim-skip the rest-post.
since noone said anything about walking on walls I'll take this as more Kinux is crazy...

And I'm not sure how many others people really took this barely a issue to heart, what a steal server with warp stones, I'll play for a week then quit, while I'm at it, going claim right next to town. If more people felt like it was their #1 issue with the game and posted it as much as you, I don't think anymore would also post it.
if I'm translating that from Crazy to English properly: unless you're a complete moron(which would explain that post) you know that noone has rights on plot land and claiming next to plot land means 1 less side of your land that can be bumped(normal bumping not warpstone bumping) and is actually a great idea(top right bottom right and bottom left corners of map work best)...

sum up this post as stop being a dumb ass!

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:46 am »
You don't walk on the walls but if you're bumping using memorization and warp stone then you do end up on top of them thus his reasoning behind standing on the wall doing damage to a player or whatever.

I assume you mean cave bumping by normal bumping which is the easiest to prevent, you don't need to claim beside PLOT just so you can go easy on the defenses on one side. What a bad idea.

Not that it stopped anyone anyways as you already know.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 06:21:45 am »
Not that it stopped anyone anyways as you already know.
that wasn't normal bumping there, they came in from plot side...using the warpstone bug

it just makes it simpler not having to worry about defense on all sides, and when I play a game its for fun, not to build 3 layer walls to keep people out, so building a small vault against plot land for your valuables keeps things simple/fun

as far as his post I just realized he meant something from a completely different thread that I posted last month...and you can hotkey use granite brick underneath to build walls quicker than using on ground->selecting from list, so you'd kill yourself trying to save clicks building the easy way if being on a wall causes damage.  that is all I was trying to tell him!

Offline Generic Black Guy

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 89
    Attack Member
  • in it for the lolz
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »
or just code it so wolf dont last long on unclaimed land, and make caves vanish after 1 use. Or how about just keep stuff on the mule you had to buy? I mean, seriously, why bitch about the game mechanics, when most of the players bitching are whiney nubs? of course youd want them to say, but the biggest arguement on fancy lad wasnt people breaking in, but people getting killed of the bat. its a pk stealing server, it should be made as such.
"Where ever white people go, you damn sure know we will follow."
Black Motto

Offline Kinux

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 12:22:09 am »
First off, I noticed how the people broke into your land, they cave bumped the hell out of the plot south of you, all the way north, no other possible way, if they used a warp stone, THERE wouldn't be any caves on your land.

Second, for being so against bumping, you don't seem to like any easy fixes that would stop people from bumping. But then again, you didn't even try to make it so people couldn't get on your land. With only walking what the surface and the 1st floor?

Offline yeahs

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 03:27:49 am »
id be satifisfied with a mission server honestly. MORE than satisfied at this point, the empty questless servers just dont cut it

Offline Roarion

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 09:56:53 am »
I have a V1 in the works. 16 quests done 10 to go. I have all the monsters done and just need to do a little weapon calibration, and add some mage/stealth armors.  Problem is I have ceased to work on it since school started, if someone would be willing to host it I might start up on it again.  :) The original plan for it was to be 3x3 and pack ppl in a close combat world, but with the amount of quests it didn't work out so im going with a 4x4 world now.
Asylum - lvl 33 Thrower
Pyramid - lvl 40 Scythe
Dementia - lvl 69 Spear
Nexus V2 - lvl 61 Stealth
Rebirth - lvl 72 Bow
Ganymede - lvl 56 Mage
Hex - lvl 1000 Admin
Future - lvl 1000 Admin
Retired - Unless V6 pulls a miracle

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 12:50:22 pm »
Sounds good, I'm sure Mickey would be willing to host it.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2012, 09:52:01 am »
any of your quest able to be done by traders or are they all go kill stuff quests?  not that it really matters I just want a server to play now(salem sucks and HnH needs a restart)...