Author Topic: Desolation  (Read 10805 times)

Offline Gimpy

Re: Desolation
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 02:12:27 pm »
Im not sure. Vicious has been doing the college thing. We dont want to premature release the server so we are making sure everythings right and correct.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:45 pm »
And if there's one thing Gimpy knows it's premature release
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 05:16:43 pm »
Thank you for another useful post kaios.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 03:25:25 am »
And if there's one thing Gimpy knows it's premature release
;D thats so wrong
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Sorinn

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »
damnit kaios... i was gunna post that.... asshole :0

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 08:13:22 pm »
Just a thought; maybe make warp-stones disappear after a single use or just remove the spell entirely.  In all honestly there needs to be stealing on a PK server but the way people exploit warp-stones is ridiculous

Offline Kinux

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 08:53:36 pm »
Warp stone is the only way to move tames quickly, and only way to really warp back and forth from places, warp stone, mem warp, click on warp stone.

A way to decrease the likehood of stealing, cave entrances/exits even tho halfway useless to do with blue magic still, is just make em stackable, but will still exist the problem, but at least will slow it down.

Another way, make walls if your on them do always deadly amounts of damage, maybe some thing with a trap, or even do one that like does a quick trap to the starting point, or jail. Just would be time consuming for admins unless there is a way like use a trap toolkit or new item like the trap maker on walls to add the quick warp trap. Then also have them unable to be deactivated.

Since is there any reason you should ever be on a wall?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »
Since is there any reason you should ever be on a wall?

use item underneath with bricks fastest way to build a wall...
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Kinux

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:28 pm »
Except when triggers come first, so still meh, but then again I mean when do you need to get on the wall, a warp trigger won't be triggered when you make a wall, if one was made with it.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 06:33:54 am »
Warp stones are convenient but they're not necessaries.  I think players being able to secure their hard-earned items would prevent more people from quitting the server due to people like Kaios breaking into houses and stealing items they dont even need.
Just my 2 cents, but nowadays in RPGWO a decent playerbase definitely contributes toward making a good server

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 08:59:45 am »
ONE of the items on our token list is a NON movable chest, on v2 chest hold alot of items so thats a minor fix, but mybe mickey can have a look at cave bumping and try and fix it? idk

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 10:47:33 am »
Just do a normal server with no stealing or PK but then setup half the world as forced PK sectors, heh.
But if not then please explain the bump bugs more clearly.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 11:46:01 am »
Mickey, is it possible to make certain sectors stealing enabled, and others non-stealing?
If so, an easy fix would be to basically set all the sectors with level 25+ mobs PK/Stealing, and all the low level sectors NON-PK/non-stealing.
That way, people can set up houses etc in the lower level sectors (keeping higher level sectors more empty)and tradesman will rarely have to venture out into the PK sectors.
Whereas fighters will be at risk of being killed/having items stolen when they're out training

Offline Kinux

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:37 pm »
Just do a normal server with no stealing or PK but then setup half the world as forced PK sectors, heh.

Player mems warp on spot next to wall, blocks it somehow, so when warp self it makes them go to the NW, which is a ALWAYS, if have multiple walls and multiple people, if that person now does mem warp, gets off the wall, and someone takes the spot, the person is now on the 2nd wall, and can possible repeat until thru all the walls.

Even if you could do mem warp to be random direction from the spot they are going to would HUGELY cut down the bump bug, since a 2 wall, would take anywhere from 2 attempts to (with likeness of chances all even) 16 attempts. But that wouldn't spot people from warping on it, unless you could make walls or something a no warp spot or something, unable to memorize warp while on a wall.

Mickey, is it possible to make certain sectors stealing enabled, and others non-stealing?
If so, an easy fix would be to basically set all the sectors with level 25+ mobs PK/Stealing, and all the low level sectors NON-PK/non-stealing.
That way, people can set up houses etc in the lower level sectors (keeping higher level sectors more empty)and tradesman will rarely have to venture out into the PK sectors.
Whereas fighters will be at risk of being killed/having items stolen when they're out training

So everyone make houses in low level sectors, and nobody has to worry about stuff getting stolen? Why make a house in the higher level section if there is a risk for stealing.

I know a edits I did with cave was to make them stackable, to cut down on their spreading out so much.

Also was working with the invisible traps last night, figured out what was needed to get the walls to have a warp on them, just have it made, and can make a player warp to a coord, just for some reason the server didn't recognized the 6th data point when actually making the item, well more like the 5th and higher, so debating on adding that to walls, so if anyone ever managed to get onto a wall, they would get warped to probably like the starting point, or a jail on the surface.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:34:37 pm by Kinux »

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 01:30:51 pm »
Less houses in higher level sectors is a good thing

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »
but not a solution lev

Offline Kinux

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »

Oh derpy, derp, Cave Bumping you mean. Mainly the same as with warp, only works if the person has a incomplete overall wall, like for example 1-6 walled, and surface has no walls, goto south/east side of the land on the surface, place stuff on the ground where the cave you'll make will come up, go down, make a exit under the item, and bam a cave entrance onto their land, and when you enter it, since you can't enter onto a wall, it goes NW of the entrance, so your in there land. I don't think it works with double walling.

Offline Kinux

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »
Idea with putting warp on Walls, using NS wall as a example, but would need to change to all the walls/fences, along with closed doors, since don't want it on opened ones. :P

The NS wall ini, no changes
Code: [Select]
Item=2142
Class=Wall
SubType=StoneWall
Name=NS Wall
Animation0=111
Size=Extra Large
Burden=10000
NotMovable
BlockMovement=1
BreakID=2333
BreakDurability=120
TriggerID=2171
FireCatch=0

A example of The NS wall ini for changes to a trap effect.
Code: [Select]
Item=2142
Class=Trap
SubType=StoneWall
Name=NS Wall
Animation0=111
Size=Extra Large
Burden=10000
NotMovable
BlockMovement=1
BreakID=2333
BreakDurability=120
TriggerID=2171
FireCatch=0
TrapEffect=Warp
Data1=11
Data2=10
NoWarpMessage

Possible could do data6=# for zpos, if you can get it working, I get this in my server when I put it to 2. "Error_modItem_Init : item=2142 : unknown line=Data6=2"

With my example teleports people if they manage to get onto the wall to 11, 10, can change it to whatever coords.

Mickey, or anyone else who looked at the inis and understands them, anyone have any foreseeable problems with changing the Class=Wall to Class=Trap? Like having a itemuse not work, because it checks Class instead of subtype, which from what I see, nothing should have a problem with it.

Offline Kalose

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
Setting the wall to warp you would become a big abuse issue, lets say you set the data to warp you to town. then alot of people would make a wall under them self for a quick teleport to town. Now if you set it to the middle of no-where someone could easily claim the land and create a deathtrap for all the teleporters to die in and again could live around where they get warped to for quick and free way home...

Offline Kinux

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »
Setting the wall to warp you would become a big abuse issue, lets say you set the data to warp you to town. then alot of people would make a wall under them self for a quick teleport to town. Now if you set it to the middle of no-where someone could easily claim the land and create a deathtrap for all the teleporters to die in and again could live around where they get warped to for quick and free way home...

If you manage to make the wall under you, you wouldn't have triggered the warp effect, since you have to move onto it, which you can't if it's made under you.

Yeah a big abuse issue, someone mem warp in their house next to a wall, and move something to the wall, and warp back to town, and oh warp self back home, glad there aren't anything like a warp stone or something, where you can do the same thing, oh wait there is.

I was thinking of just making it into a jail like setting, since there is really no good reason for someone to manage to get onto a wall, making a wall under you won't matter with the trap, so unless you manage to start walking on walls let me know. Oh, if anyone does make it, and has a admin, just have to learn to use warp to get into houses instead of walking on the walls, since it will trigger them also, just kinda a meh since it's a easy enough work around for admins, blocking players is more important.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:08:26 pm by Kinux »