Author Topic: Rpgwo Server Tradeskill Idea's/opinions  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Vicious

Rpgwo Server Tradeskill Idea's/opinions
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:23:28 pm »
A place to voice your idea's and opinions on how the trade system is worked into RPGWO-V2 with the possibility of having them added into an upcoming server. (keep trolling to a minimum thanks guys)
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Kinux

Re: Rpgwo Server Tradeskill Idea's/opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:13 pm »
My Initial Thoughts on Tradeskills.

Molds:
I like the general idea of molds, just too many of them, so drop a lot of them. Instead of Arrowhead, Axe, Bar, Bow, Chest Armor, Coin, Crossbow, Dagger, Flail, Helmet, Jewelry, Key, Leggings, Mace, Rune, Scythe, Sheet, Shield, Spear, Staff, Sword, Throwing, Tool, Trap, Unarmed, Wand.
Make the Following Molds.
  • Armor Mold: Which will have Chest Armor, Helmet, Leggings, and Shield.
  • Rune Molds: Rune
  • Tool Mold: Bar, Coin, Jewelry, Key, Sheet, Tool, Trap, Wand.
  • Weapon Mold: Arrowhead, Axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Flail, Mace, Scythe, Spear, Staff, Sword, Throwing, Unarmed,

Also, drop the Burden of them down to like 100, just so the few that you need are worth carrying around.

Runes: Change up the order, make them alphabetical at least, and unless your server uses the 3rd set, leave it out please. And increase production to either 20-25 runes for each magnetite ore, just to make it less crazy in having to produce so many.

Burden Stuff: Breaking something/grinding stuff, don't make it have more burden combined.
  • Ore Bars, Remove them, only purpose is to lower then burden of stuff, so going around how does stuff that basically equals something else that does the exact same thing, have a less of a burden?

Surfacing Stuff: Marble/Ores Sheet, Wood Planks, Small Logs. Yeah it's nice to have a way to do different surfaces, but not totally needed, rarely used, and how often someone does need to surface a plot? once, so yeah, a bit of a waste of time doing, if you really want to surface something, and you own your own land, you already raised 1k, so what is hard to raise a few more to /surface, even tho doing a plot is a bit costly, 4k max per floor.

More will probably come later, just requires more thought into it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:49:08 pm by Kinux »

Offline emsee

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »
something i was gonna do with my files was once you used ore on mold it showed the mold filled up with color of ore, then a hammer and chisel to remove item bring back the modern furnace, coal pit should be limited to few basic ores until they can obtain skill to make furnace. more use for tailor. =)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:26:08 am »
@emsee we sort of had a discussion about furnace versus pit in the V4 thread, furnaces get hotter, but even modern day smiths still use pits for most of their work...so I don't think it should be changed

@Kinux I like most of that, don't like the flooring thing though, I'm cheap/greedy and like pretty things...I always like servers with lots of free decorating choices

as to what I think as a guy who is always a trader/crafter:

I'd like to see some things done in steps instead of all done at once.  for example making a weapon wouldn't just be using hot sheet on anvil/melted ore filled crucible on mold, maybe those could work for a start, but then have other steps needed to finish the item(maybe things like sharpenning, polishing, and adding a handle).

a switch up in alchemy.  right now all potions are made from 1 plant, I'd like to see a blending system where multiple items are used to get a final product...ie: instead of using alembic on ground red rose petals to make a life potion you'd get red rose essence(name?) that can be combined with another item to make a potion.

emsee already said it, but I'm saying it again: more use for tailor!  almost all anyone uses tailor for is coats and bags(and an occasional bed), it doesn't have to be anything significant or even functional...I'd actually love it if tailors could make some decorative items like rugs, drapes, and banners(maybe different colors of dye to get different versions?).

more masonry usages too, besides walls and a few basic items its also an underused skill...I could see it changed to allow carving unmined areas into neat things too(since unmined area is supposedly rock) but not really sure what, or how it would be done

gilding!  jewelry making is huge, and is a great way to get nice bonuses, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever made a throne room and thought 'hey this would look awesome in gold'...not all items should be able to be gilded, but I like the idea for some basic decorative items...and even some functional items like doors.

• Ore Bars, Remove them, only purpose is to lower then burden of stuff, so going around how does stuff that basically equals something else that does the exact same thing, have a less of a burden?

burden isn't just the weight of an item, you can have a large cardboard box full of feathers that doesn't even weigh a pound but because of its akward size is more of a burden to carry than a 10 pound backpack...I think thats how burden works with bars instead of lose mishappen items you get an evenly shaped easilly packed away item
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Kinux

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:59:02 am »
Quote from: Greatest
more masonry usages too, besides walls and a few basic items its also an underused skill...I could see it changed to allow carving unmined areas into neat things too(since unmined area is supposedly rock) but not really sure what, or how it would be done
Hmm, thought about it for a second, and maybe ability to preform some limited carpentry items, maybe like a stone handle, rather then just wooden handle, a Stone Pole, that you could put into the ground and make a basic pillar wall.

Quote from: Greatest
burden isn't just the weight of an item, you can have a large cardboard box full of feathers that doesn't even weigh a pound but because of its akward size is more of a burden to carry than a 10 pound backpack...I think thats how burden works with bars instead of lose mishappen items you get an evenly shaped easilly packed away item
I would vote more of a hassle then burden. But carrying a like 50 pound rock is easier then carrying a box, since of the round nature of the rock, doesn't put awkward amount of pressure on your fingers, which you have to use while carrying a box. But yeah, "size" of the item would be more manageable for space saving stuff, but each item has one slot, so can't really cut that out of the picture by making it like 7/8's or something. So Still pointless to have bars with less burden then the ores.

Runes: Burden, why do they have burden, you can have thousands of them in your rune bag, but they don't count for burden, so I don't think they should count for burden while in your inventory.

Offline Kinux

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:00 pm »
Multi-Use Items: Multi-Plough, Grinders/Alchemy Apparatuses. Even maybe drop seed count from plants to like 3, and able to do 5 items per seed, and then combine a Mortar+pestal with a Alembic, to get a seed into a potion with less steps. Also with major/mega stuff, maybe use Flax Extract on Mana charge to get Mana/Flax charge, which can do the minor to mega with one step, but will take the same amount of steps...

Farming Plants: Revise it just a little, instead of actually cutting the plant to get the seeds, just "harvest" the plant for seeds, like use hand on a full grown plant, will give you seeds, and then it will reset itself back to like a young plant, or even another run of the plants, so mature with seeds, then sets to mature without seeds, then like a few days or whatever time it takes for a seed-> full grown plant takes. Will save time from actually having to plough and replant the land. But then would need a way to kill wild plants, which probably just shovel on the mature without seeds, or maybe use the Farmer's Scythe still and get the 5 seeds instead of 3 from Mature with seeds, and only 2 from a Mature without seeds.

Mining: Also don't use pile of dirt as the filler for mining, do something that you actually mine, like the granite rocks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:31:37 pm by Kinux »

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:38:08 pm »
I like the idea of harvesting a part of a plant instead of the whole plant(maybe leaves and petals instead of seeds?) could work into having different properties from 1 plant and mix more for stuff for 1 type of potion...

I think we had differing ideas on the process of making things though, you want them made in fewer steps I want a few extra for bigger results...

stone handles don't seem like they would work out too well...stone is hard and would break more easilly, but I could see some stone weapons being made.  stone clubs spears and axes would be a neat new thing...

and yea the extra hassle is what causes more of a burden...weird sizes and shapes are harder to carry.  its like carrying 4 cans of beer is a struggle but a box of beer isn't because of the packaging, its more weight but less of a burden!

Offline Vicious

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:57 pm »
Interesting, I like the idea for plants(harvest but not have to replant) when the first thing to get on my nerves is having to go over ploughing then replanting, it makes it take 3x as long as just having to harvest seeds or whatever parts from the plant.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Kinux

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »
Rune Mold: Drop Runes to 50 max, and split into two Rune Molds, Set 1 and Set 2, or A-M and like N-Y, so don't have to scroll through it to get to the rune you need.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:17 pm »
now theres something I can get behind...there really are way too many runes, and scrolling through that long list of runes when making them gets a little crazy.  how about rune sets instead? 

each set would contain 5 types of runes, you get 5/10(25 or 50 total) of each rune in the set, added to inventory when you use hand on the set.  it saves a bunch of trouble making runes and buying runes since they're in a set.  only real problem with a set like that would be if you only need 1 rune in the set, and the rest you don't...but crafters could always break the sets apart to sell individual runes if they want.

Offline Kinux

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:22 pm »
Runes: Yeah, do sets so have Set 1, and a subset of a-e, f-j, k-o, p-t, and u-y, and each of those set do the 5/10 of each in the set 1 subset of a-e, and then able to still have a mold for individual runes to do 25-50 of each, since you'll need to restock certain ones more-so the others, just think a trader with runes on their trader having like 10k of a certain rune because it's not used very much, at even like 5-10 gold profit lines would be 50-100k just sitting there. Unless Could do blank runes and craft sets out of those, so mag ore on tool mold, has blank runes, but on rune molds does individual runes, and then use a rune crafter on blank runes to get rune sets.

Offline Kinux

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 02:00:42 pm »
Crucible/Blacksmith: Increase the delay on the cooldown for them just a little bit, when doing batches of 10 crucibles for runes, if I alt+tab for any reason, or really amount of time, they cooldown and I have to re-heat them up.

Offline Vicious

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
Also on that note, I plan on making the system of heated (whatever type of ore i use maybe sheets or crucibles, whichever) stackable.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Kinux

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 01:37:08 am »
Done most of my Idea's in here on my server, so far they are working nice. :D

Edit: But yeah, if anyone can come up with ideas from different pov's keep em coming.

Offline revok

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »
one day im going to digitize my ideas toward this game and make a server that people actually want to play for a prolonged amount of time... to busy atm soz Live on RPG!!!!! untill i can come and revitalize you mwah X

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 11:44:12 am »
I wish the skills didn't cost so much to learn. Also i wish (this is unrelated) a benefit to knowing more than one weapon skill
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?