Author Topic: New World?  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Pokemon Steve

New World?
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:28 pm »
Working on a new world. In early stages preparing all necessary files at this point.
Not sure if I'm going to make it pk or non-pk, maybe a combination of the two.
Hoping Mickey will let me make this a v2 world.

My current task is getting all the image files ready. I created a script that crops all the old image files into 32x32 images then runs md5 hashes on the images, and then compares all of the hashes in order to get rid of duplicates.
Here are some statistics on the images I found.
Total Image files: 680
32x32 Images: 68000
Duplicates Found: 54205
Unique Images: 13795

So roughly 14000 unique 32x32 images. Of course this doesn't take in to account images that are larger than 32x32, and images that are close to similar. Now I need to sort through these images, and do the same for monsters, and other image types.

Next I will be working on an online api for generating and making changes to items. I am going to handling inis different than the traditional methods, all inis will be compiled from a database. This will make it easier to make changes in the future and allow for dynamic items and other neat features. It will also allow for there to be an online database of items and monsters, which will be more noob friendly, and a good resource for all players.

I'll post any progress or updates here.
Would like input from everybody, including Mickey.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:38:41 pm by Jordonias »

Offline Leviathan

Re: New World?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:10:35 am »
Sounds good, i'll help in any way I can

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:57 am »
Yeah, you can have V2 soon.

You have a theme?
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:30:57 am »
Not really a theme, just a Normal world with 2000~ weapons, balanced usages for tradeskills, and all tradeskills will server a purpose. Once I get this world done and my script is working how I want to I may consider doing a modern world too if there is enough interest.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:32:58 am by Jordonias »

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:26:20 am »
I've always liked modern worlds, but I've always wanted to try a futuristic world(since you bring up player interest I'm giving you a subtle hint).  I started working on 1 once, but I'm not creative enough to come up with all the futuristic stuff that would be needed.  I added some star wars stuff(thermal detonators, light sabres, e11 blaster rifles) but really got stuck on the basics...best way I could think of doing armor was shielding/force fields, but theres not really a big variety of ways to do that.

if you're really thinking of trying something after your basic world I'd like to see something futuristic since I don't think anyone has ever made a futuristic RPGWO server(I tried talking UT into it once but he said no).
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:45 am »
I'd love to work with some new ideas (such as futuristic) someday, but currently my main focus is working with my new script to make a world that fixes all the issues that have never been fixed over the past years with rpgwo. I have 17,000+ to use for a regular world so I think that's the best option at this point. Once I work out all the kinks with my software it will be much easier to build worlds so it will be a lot more realistic to start trying out some new ideas.

Offline emsee

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:31 pm »
i vote modern i dont see point in having two v2 worlds same idea, world could be pk by certain skills or half safe / half pk, newb quests safe pk rest full pk

altho sci fi would be new and more or less be modern with new images/skill renames

maybe mickey could make v1 open source to make this a community project and see what all we can make happen.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:04:02 am by emsee »

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 01:05:04 am »
No one is going to make a modern world right now, if you want one make one yourself

Offline emsee

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:13 am »
Not really a theme, just a Normal world with 2000~ weapons, balanced usages for tradeskills, and all tradeskills will server a purpose. Once I get this world done and my script is working how I want to I may consider doing a modern world too if there is enough interest.

then don't mention it.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 02:46:56 am »
Player base is too small at this point, maybe a decent world will bring more players to the game, and make a modern world worthwhile

Offline emsee

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 03:04:32 am »
to bring more players to the game you need more then just a new server, need to advertise the game only ads i seen was just a old screen cap and some text about the game so maybe make a small video of gameplay usage/house's and pk  when server is ready and post it on youtube and get word out, and prob some trolls in the game then from there hope it takes off around facebook.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 04:06:41 am »
Yes I understand this. The issue is getting players to stay. Currently the game lacks content and the learning curve is high.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 07:45:44 am »
There are a lot of players who i'm sure will return to the game if a decent server is put up, myself being one of them

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »
There are a lot of players who i'm sure will return to the game if a decent server is put up, myself being one of them

yea with active admins
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?