Author Topic: Any Interest in a PK V2?  (Read 42693 times)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Any Interest in a PK V2?
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:36 am »
BUT.. I am itchng to make a future V2 world now, wtf.

lol its fun getting ideas stuck in people's heads(guessing you got this idea from my post in Jord's thread) so...do it! do it! do it!  but a non stealing server  ;D

whether I put this in your head or not, some stuff I had in mind when I was trying this that you can use:

• instead of jewelry making you can have cybernetics or nanotech...making people cyborgs or giving them nanobots
  • for locksmith you can have keycards and biometric security(only opens if a certain person opens it or is hacked by another 'locksmith')
  • psychics that can cause damage or give boosts(magic :P)
  • genetic modification, take a sample from some monster and mix it with another to get a stronger type of monster then clone them
  • forcefields...set up a forcefield generator and set up points around it to make a forcefield wall.  this will only work on a nonstealing server though since someone would probably have to turn it on and off to get in and out
  • crystal based electronics, I know it sounds weird but every super futuristic scifi movie ever made has some type of weird power crystal powering stuff...and I have no clue how this would work

I had a bunch of other stuff but it was a long time ago and I can't seem to find the files I was working on...I may have deleted them :-\

of course the weapons/armors are going to be the hard part...thats where I really got stuck, good luck
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2012, 08:03:27 am »
  • instead of jewelry making you can have cybernetics or nanotech...making people cyborgs or giving them nanobots
  • for locksmith you can have keycards and biometric security(only opens if a certain person opens it or is hacked by another 'locksmith')
  • psychics that can cause damage or give boosts(magic :P)
  • genetic modification, take a sample from some monster and mix it with another to get a stronger type of monster then clone them
  • forcefields...set up a forcefield generator and set up points around it to make a forcefield wall.  this will only work on a nonstealing server though since someone would probably have to turn it on and off to get in and out
  • crystal based electronics, I know it sounds weird but every super futuristic scifi movie ever made has some type of weird power crystal powering stuff...and I have no clue how this would work

I had a bunch of other stuff but it was a long time ago and I can't seem to find the files I was working on...I may have deleted them :-\

of course the weapons/armors are going to be the hard part...thats where I really got stuck, good luck

Oh mer gawd this this post yeah this post i like it i love sci fi worlds?! closest we ever got was modern world and zero hour where we had guns and machinery to craft with.

Uh on weapons probably some form of energy tools. elements could be kept and techinically we could keep things the same like long sword = long beam sword, dagger = energy dagger. elements could be added via hot (fire) cold (ice). And on your crstal powersource they would probably have to charge those not sure what skill that would be.  Man uh yeah maybe instead of forging there would be a base weapon and you change the grade or crystal type to a better one or elemental one in the weapon. like it'd be with the repair energy charge skill you would need tools to do it. I remember you did some wired card capturing with monsters in modern world as opposed to taming them too. can't think of much else right now.
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2012, 09:07:01 am »
anyone ever tell you that you're way too hyper?

but yea I always liked modern worlds better for some reason, and it seems like there should be something past that...guess its never been done because its a lot of work figuring out what might be possible in the future and how it might impact different aspects of a world that fits into an rpg. 

with no huge towns/societies it would have to be something simple like a space colony type thing(to explain low population and the lack of a walmart) but that also gives you a reason for different types of monsters and lets you get creative with flora...but like I said its a lot of work!

I just hope I get the chance to make a plasma cannon ;D
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline emsee

« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:49 am »
Talking about some one games info? I told him his password. If I wouldn't have sent him his password this is how the conversation would have went.

Jordonias: I know your password
Gimpy: yah right, durkadurrr
Jordonias: Yes I do
Gimpy: prove it
Jordonias: (gimpys password)

The reason I told him after 7 years is because I just found the password file when I was looking through my old hard drive I hadn't used in 7 years. Ask mc, he was talking to me when I was looking through my old computer. That is the reason it took 7 years to tell him.

it is true we was talking about finding old image/sounds  when he came across it, you should be glad it was not someone else

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »
anyone ever tell you that you're way too hyper?

I just hope I get the chance to make a plasma cannon ;D

Yes i want to make weapons like that too. No i have never been told i am hyper that was just enthusiasms coming out badly through my bad typing skills
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline Vicious

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »
Mick, any chance you could put a pk protection level to maybe 10 or something? theres a rather big influx of newbs on fancy but  a certain person >_> keeps killing everyone before they can even leave town. Also maybe turn stealing off so the newbs don't quit over having their stuff stolen.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Kinux

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:46 pm »
Mick, any chance you could put a pk protection level to maybe 10 or something? theres a rather big influx of newbs on fancy but  a certain person >_> keeps killing everyone before they can even leave town. Also maybe turn stealing off so the newbs don't quit over having their stuff stolen.
I agree, if there was other servers for people to play it wouldn't be needed, but only having a pk, stealing, vet encouraged v2 world open does make it difficult for players who are returning, having no foundation to get started on, and requires assistance from others just to get anywhere, then have someone kill them, so they are even more likely to quit.