Author Topic: Any Interest in a PK V2?  (Read 42897 times)

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
Re: Any Interest in a PK V2?
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:16 am »
spawns are usually arranged by sector...so go to another sector(lower the sector usually the lower the mobs).  I would say that was the noobiest question ever, but its tough starting out as a fighter when you're not used to it and there are no nooby quests(sewers/elf fort).

Thanks much yes on any normal serever i'd be pushing level 8 grinding out dungeons. however here moleman  and ghost get me alot gonna restart my vitae is trash complete now.
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:15 am »
Yeah, it's not a very newb friendly server but turns out that loads of newbs are playing!
It's the only Server on the list that is active so naturally the newbs are coming over to play, so maybe add some sewers or something to make life a bit easier for them.
Also, I'm not really training at the moment, waiting for if/when Scythe becomes more balanced.  So when I log on I will probably be able to make weapons/armor for people if they need!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:47:49 am by Leviathan »

Offline revok

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2012, 03:48:33 am »
Make xbow 3 speed bow 2.5 plox kthanksbye.

Offline revok

« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2012, 04:03:37 am »
Also just reading through some artifact stats curious as to why every melee weapon is 1.5 speed and throwing is 3 speed? For starters i assumed the whole idea that throwing and dagger allow you to spec all defs and your main attribute raises are Dex+quick so defs always going to be higher whereas in sword templates have to do Stre/dex/life/quick. With dagger and throwing they get Everything combat wise spec and have higher stats due to only having to raise less just wondering why they seem to just be slotting into place with everything else.. not to mention 1 hander.

Also i thought the whole idea that the Att was Dex and Quick meant for att faster and weaker as opposed to dex and strength? In my non biased opinion i think that crossbow needs speed buff.

Offline revok

« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2012, 04:17:28 am »
pps

i think damon should be buffed it isnt only slightly better than tungsten it is difficult to get i and it is like moving on from hessy to tungst should be epic me thinks even armor al is like 3-4 difference or somthin ^.^

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2012, 07:21:12 am »
+1 to revok on all his posts tbh.
Makes no sense that throwing does more damage then all melee weps :/  should be more like dagger considering the 4 points, 1H and dex/quick.  Not to mention theres nothing to train missle def on past rogue snipers anyway and there is a whole array of melee monsters.  Xbow should be the most damaging followed by Scythe/Bow.  Hate to keep moaning but the weapon balance should be made a priority.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2012, 08:14:48 am »
I'll even offer to team up with a couple of others and use my 8+ years of RPGWO experience to re-balance hessite/tung/damon.  If anyone's interested in helping out/giving some input then reply here.  It's important for the short/longterm success of this server

Offline Ommas

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:05 am »
i will help sir

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:45 am »
Xbow should be the most damaging followed by Scythe/Bow. 

actually I don't see that.  forget about skill requirements and what not for a moment, think about how these weapons work.  a scythe is a sharp blade at the end of a long handle, it was designed to harvest grains.  it can cause some damage if you slice a person who is just standing there, but as with all slashing/bladed weapons won't get through most types of armor.  a xbow fires a bolt, it can do some serious damage, can get through most types of armor(depending on range and type of head), but won't do as much damage or have as much range as a bow.  force = mass*velocity, since an arrow has more mass than a bolt and is fired upward(to overcome gravity and get the range) it not only has the forward momentum but also the pull of gravity on it so it has higher velocity...meaning more force which means more damage.

the most damaging weapon(choosing from types of weapons in game) should be a spear.  it takes all of a persons strength and focuses it on that tiny tip of the spear.  the smaller the area you're hitting the more force effects it(hit a board with a hammer it might make a dent, focus that same force on a nail it goes through it), meaning it goes through all types of armor and the person inside...even better than your basic spear is your halberd, using the spear's shaft(don't say it) as leverage you can focus even more energy on a single point by attacking with the spike on the back of a halberd.

I will agree with you on throwing being op, but for other reasons.  the weapon types and what not used for the skill make no sense.  sure it was way cool when Xena threw a chakram(yes thats how its spelled) and it bounced around and came back to her, but warriors who used chakrams carried many of them into battle, wearing them like bracelets/necklaces until they were ready to be thrown.  no thrown weapon(unless tethered which would cause slower attacks since you have to pull it back, and could even get you pulled into melee combat if you missed) was able to be used multiple times without collecting them after throwing.  with the exception of certain types of throwing spears(such as a pilum) most thrown wearpons wouldn't even break through armor.  if you're wearing armor made of metal, and some guy throws a rock(basic early throwing weapon) at you it might scuff your armor, but you probably wouldn't feel it unless it was a huge rock...

my opinion: the whole weapon system needs to be rethought!  I doubt that happens though unless someone is making a new server from scratch, and I don't see that happening.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2012, 10:00:28 am »
Make xbow 3 speed

ok no?? 4 speed is what it should be, if it needs a damage buff fine but not 3 speed.

I do agree that throwing is a little overpowered but I don't agree that the melee weapons are THAT bad. I really doubt Mickey is going to recode the weapons, especially when most of them aren't that bad in the first place.

The only two weapons skills that badly need some sort of change are crossbow and throwing imo. The rest are tolerable for a server he really never planned to do much work on anyways.

I haven't really looked at bow so I can't say much in regards to it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:02:10 am by Kaios »
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2012, 10:15:07 am »
Yeah greatest I see what you're saying but for how these weapon skills work in RPGWO, 2 handed slower weapons should be more damaging than 1 handed faster ones, especially ones which cirpigvent shields or do a bunch of stamina damage

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2012, 11:42:45 am »
I hope you guys get over your cry baby moments like I did and come back and play. I'm ready to go hard when you are.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »
I still kinda play. It's just not really as fun when there's only 3 active high levels :/. I'll play more if revok dram and mantis make an appearance

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2012, 02:54:22 pm »
hard

:o :o did Jon get rid of that stupid filter?  :o :o
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Sorinn

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »
hey peeps 0_0 so im sorin. u guys probably know me. i know kaios does *kisses* but Mickey should totally make my bro (spawn of chickens) and I be able to play :[ cuz now I dont get to and stuff... how else am i suppose to be harrassed by kaios... other than checking the forum 24/7

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2012, 03:05:03 am »
Just started playing with Gebus. This server is pretty fun but it needs more players. If anyone wants to kill me, come give it a try. I'm level 19 atm, I'll give you immunity until yall catch up.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2012, 03:07:10 am »
I heard Revok and Mantis were playing but they quit. Pussies, come back and play.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2012, 07:36:39 am »
+1 revok if you see this we need you and your bro playing again

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:42 am »
they are level 40 max players. kinda like jordonias. dont get excited lev. jord will get like 40-48 and then quit if he plays that long

Offline revok

« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »
Seriouzly all jokes aside whens xbow being made 3 speed... priorities people :))