Author Topic: Any Interest in a PK V2?  (Read 42888 times)

Offline revok

Re: Any Interest in a PK V2?
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »
On a PK server you dont want to rely on other people for things such as repairs and making weapons etc. You can Have a trader which you still have to train up over time that can support your warrior to PK with. Having to make a trader grind all his skills up to make diamond jewels and good weapons then to have to delete him to make a warrior is counter productive to only then have to later on learn those skills on your fighter and train them up again. Having two characters makes sense on a pk server...Pure tradesmen are still viable, not everyone wants to train up a trader and a fighter its just good to have that option. Why do you want to train tradeskill early on for a fighter on a PK server, after getting all magics, stealth etc just makes it harder and longer to PK untill a higher level...getting BS/fletch/mining at level 40 not practical, got to rely on someone to repair your weapons and armor and not kill you in the process?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »
ok and what did you do on shadow or phobos where you only had one character? stop giving your opinion when it's completely biased and based on your own laziness
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »
and also based on the fact you obviosly have multple chars and dont want to lose um
like its not bad enough you guys sit here and macro all day, multi chars just makes it worse

Offline gas

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2012, 02:56:21 pm »
I agree with Revok.Why on earth pk server is named pk server?For you who dont see:you Kill (K) Players (P) -PK...That reasons having two chars.Anyway making trader and remaking to a destination pk char is timewasting and falls to yet another repetition pattern (not taking anything this game is 90% based on repetitive actions)

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »
I agree with Revok.Why on earth pk server is named pk server?For you who dont see:you Kill (K) Players (P) -PK...That reasons having two chars.

The fact that a server is PK "reasons" that everyone should have two characters? What are you smoking dude.

Offline gas

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »
Beeing a trader in a PK world is at least odd so eventually you either remake(which is boring) or make second char(which brings more attention with possibilty to improve trader and pk char whenever you think at certain moment you are bored to one and switch to another)

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2012, 03:28:44 pm »
Your reasons are very hard to comprehend which I assume is because you are not a native english speaker, but if I understand what you are saying correctly then you have got to be the biggest idiot to ever grace this forum with their charm.

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »
Your reasons are very hard to comprehend which I assume is because you are not a native english speaker, but if I understand what you are saying correctly then you have got to be the biggest idiot to ever grace this forum with their charm.
I thought that was me? :[

Offline revok

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
and also based on the fact you obviosly have multple chars and dont want to lose um
like its not bad enough you guys sit here and macro all day, multi chars just makes it worse

LOL dont know why i bothered giving my opinion as i forgot here is just a place to trash other people with no facts at all.

If you cannot understand what he is saying then it is you who is illeterate my friend.

It would make very little difference to me whatever way it went down i have always played the game within whatever rules and regulations have been put in place regardless of what you think Gimpy lol. Just in my opinion this time round playing i prefered having the option to have a trader aswell, my opinion is hardly biased, i have no vested interest in this server it is a temproary one for a matter of months lol.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »
ya i am illeterate

Offline Kinux

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »

LOL dont know why i bothered giving my opinion as i forgot here is just a place to trash other people with no facts at all.

If you cannot understand what he is saying then it is you who is illeterate my friend.

It would make very little difference to me whatever way it went down i have always played the game within whatever rules and regulations have been put in place regardless of what you think Gimpy lol. Just in my opinion this time round playing i prefered having the option to have a trader aswell, my opinion is hardly biased, i have no vested interest in this server it is a temproary one for a matter of months lol.

I was so confused by the beginning of this post, like what, didn't I read this somewhere before, then I realized oh noob don't know how to use quotes, now I realize he probably don't know what quotes are.

Verb:   
Repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker.

Offline Tokoshoran

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »
Beeing a trader in a PK world is at least odd so eventually you either remake(which is boring) or make second char(which brings more attention with possibilty to improve trader and pk char whenever you think at certain moment you are bored to one and switch to another)
Gas makes perfect sense, contrary to you, Kaios. His original post was confusing, yes, but once he explained himself there was nowhere to be confused.

You're in a world where people kill each other on sight. You're not a fighter, you just MAKE stuff. A miner has the privilege of hiding out underground, but staying underground the whole time is boring. Staying above ground for any amount of time is dangerous without the ability to fight. That means that being a trader without the ability to defend yourself is "odd." Even I, as a trader, learned throwing... Only to learn that aside from Tiny Rocks, it's utterly useless. Worst weapon skill ever.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »
Chances are Strolend the reason throwing is useless to you is probably because you're a str/dex or int/wis based trader and got a dex/quick based attack like a moron. I have seen plenty of traders get attacks and defenses later on and pull off some pretty decent stats as well.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »
Having two characters removes player inactivity with one another completely, also removes any kind of skill in the game at all. one of the few things rpgwo has going for it is the fact you can do everything on one char if you play hard enough, whats the point now when you can have one char with every skill at 25 and one attack char with every attack stealth all magics at 50?

Offline Vicious

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 08:24:29 pm »
Okay since this seems to be a rather large issue, I'll throw in my two cents.  Two chars...the point of which is to rely on yourself instead of others..how do this help boost player co-op? It doesn't , sure it's nice to not have to rely on anyone but yourself, but most people rely on others anyways, with or without two chars, you're still spending time making a trader and making a fighter, Most of you who argue to keep two chars, are in fact working in a group yourself, so your argument to keep two chars is rather pointless. This is a PK server, it is not supposed to be friendly to anyone, traders included those of you who are scared to go above ground, or worry about being PK'd are considered newbs and need to learn how to play a PK server. Stop criticizing how they are played. Honestly, I'm fed up with hearing so many pointless and stupid complaints about the server, what you'll end up accomplishing is driving Mickey mad and have him leave the server as it is, he's already busy with V4 do you really want to drive him away?
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 09:11:48 pm »
It's back up
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter
    • View Profile
    • A modernized RPGWO+ clone.

• Total Badges: 32
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth year Anniversary
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:41 pm »

Offline Novibear

Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:41 pm »
It's back up

And when the server came back up everyone stopped arguing. THE END.
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline revok

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2012, 03:56:16 am »
Servers down again Pwan

Offline Tommy

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
  • Peanut butter