Author Topic: "Freelands" Server  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Tokoshoran

"Freelands" Server
« on: May 20, 2012, 03:02:32 pm »
After hearing about what all V4 will have, I got the idea to set all the skills as freeskill. Unfortunately, at character creation, this does run into the problem where it spams that you have to many skills, but holding enter fastforwards past it. In exchange for having all the skills, you start with almost none of the items, and only get 16 or 20 points to specialize in the skills of your choice.

Since everybody will be able to locksmith, stealing is enabled, so players will have to lock their stuff up tight. Those who don't want to focus on training it to stay safe can team up with somebody who does, or find a place to hide their stuff.

In order to let the players get stuff, I plan on having them start with four(?) 'item vouchers' which they can give to NPCs in the starting area, each one will accept it in exchange for a particular item or two (or three, in the event of the Cooking profession); however, I do not know how to do this. I will need other people to assist with this!

The server, at the start, will be four sectors big.  That should be MORE than enough land for players to use, unless the server somehow inspires a ton of players to participate.

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
Re: "Freelands" Server
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:09 am »
you could have it like they start with the tickets right. then each skill npc will grant the skill related tools to you upon dragging the voucher on to them. kind of like a quest complete grant like I give mayor the deed she gives me money
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline Tokoshoran

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
Yeah, like dragging fly wings over to the collector has him give you gold, I know. What I don't know is how to add those NPCs or how to script them to do that.

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 07:45:56 am »
hmmm neither would I dood I was goign to start fiddling with the published V1 server soon
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?