Author Topic: New classes or skills  (Read 1841 times)

Offline yeahs

New classes or skills
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:51:42 am »
So Ive been on a diablo kick after playing beta and think it would be awesome to use some of those great abilities necromancers use. It could be a whole skill group of its own. I also played beta and they had a mechanic for the witch doctor where you could throw a jar of spiders that would die upon attacking for a small percent of your weapon damage but was spammable. Its one of the most fun abilities ever. RPGWO is very diablo in a sense so I think it would be super fun to add that hack n slash gameplay and would make leveling so much more fun. Giving other weapon skills some fun abilities would be good too.

Offline Tokoshoran

Re: New classes or skills
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:35:21 am »
Codpiece

I know it's kind of odd for this to inspire this thought (or at least I would suppose it would be), but will there be a 'Haggling' ability? Based on an invisible, cannot-be-raised attribute, Charisma.

Charisma could be boosted by certain equipment, so that wearing certain bits of armor would allow you to shop cheaper, and level up the Haggle easier.

The benefit of Haggling could probably cap at a point where your purchasing and selling are equal (so as not to be exploited), but still level up beyond that point for the following reason:
Traders would have their own Haggle that they use to counter the player's Haggle, and it raises either based on the owner's haggle, or for NPO (Non-player owned) traders, raises on its own when other players try to haggle.

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 11:55:59 am »
I had thought about adding Haggle and Charisma. Still on my list to explore.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Tokoshoran

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
If you do add it I highly recommend the bargain cap of equal buy/sell, as I said above, or else traders will run out of gold insanely fast, and players would have a stupidly high amount, fast.

Alternatively you could make it decrease the price of selling AND buying, but with the charisma boosters that could possibly be exploited.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:25:37 pm »
although I like the premise of haggling, who would ever really use it?  most items people buy are far cheaper from players, and I don't care what skills you have in game it won't make a guy change his price unless you're buying in bulk or are doing him favors of some kind...

I once cut a guy a deal on ammo/potions because he brought me animal sides.  cows are really h@rd to kill with no attack skills, you hit them a third of the time and when you do its for 1-3 damage when they have 50 life.  so you run out of stam on each cow just to make 40 jerky...

I'd rather see some way for non-fighters to kill animals(just animals not monsters) more easilly.  I think Mongo brought it up in another thread, but butchering would be nice.  even if the method only worked on tamed animals it would still be better than what we have now...<use butcher knife on cow with cooking(50) to get side of cow>
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Tokoshoran

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 11:43:41 pm »
I've found that if you trap them in a small enclosed pen and untame them, they starve to death rather quick.