Author Topic: Scents and tracking  (Read 1922 times)

Offline yeahs

Scents and tracking
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:19:03 pm »
You should add scents to the game like haven hearth where if you steal from someone elses land you leave a scent. Or if you go on someone elses land and use a door etc. You would be able to track this player anywhere in the world.

Offline Gimpy

Re: Scents and tracking
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:20 pm »
YES THATS A GOOD IDEA! LETS TURN RPGWO INTO HAVEN AND HEARTH

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »
Maybe just tracks in snow or something like that that disappaer after a while. But could get really messy.

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »
Gimpy, why in every post you make do you have to something about people turning rpgwo into other games.
How about some input?

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:52:18 pm »
he does do that alot...but I have to agree with him here.  when someone steals from your land you can use /history to find out who and when, the tracking sysyem in HnH is just so you have a way to kill them even if they're offline, in the rare instance they're stupid enough to leave thier hf somewhere you can see it.  that system doesn't fit RPGWO!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:47:28 am »
i do do that alot becouse every post is just why dont we do this becouse of wow ect ect

Offline Mickey Kudlo

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 03:12:27 pm »
I added tracks in V2 for the dragons so ppl could track them down since they roamed around.
It is ok to get ideas from other games since pretty much everything has been done before, there is really nothing new, just a different presentation, for most part.
The RPGWO way of doing tracking would be to have a skill and EVERYTHING that moves would leave a trail of some sort. It could be a major memory user with very little payback for players. But if monsters/animals would roam now, it could be something the keep in mind for sure.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:45 pm »
yeah like a hunting skill that allows you to track scents and skin animals
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:10 am »
I added tracks in V2 for the dragons so ppl could track them down since they roamed around.
It is ok to get ideas from other games since pretty much everything has been done before, there is really nothing new, just a different presentation, for most part.
The RPGWO way of doing tracking would be to have a skill and EVERYTHING that moves would leave a trail of some sort. It could be a major memory user with very little payback for players. But if monsters/animals would roam now, it could be something the keep in mind for sure.

You could just add several different level monsters to the ini and have them roam a few of their own sectors around the world. Placing them lowest level closer to the town(s) and higher far away. Then the tracking skill could be used to track those monsters specifically at certain levels.

For example, at 100 tracking I can now see the tracks of the Level 15 Whatever that you added to roam around 2,2 to 4,4.

Something like that.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Mongo

• Attack: 91
    Attack Member
  • My Loony Bun is Fine
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:07 am »
I liked v2's tracking, might be neat if it was closer to the 'Scan' skill though.

Use it, if there are tracks and your 'Track' level is higher than the creature that left them, they show up. I'd think it would be something you'd have to use frequently and not just see tracks all the time.
Shoop!

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 05:25:26 pm »
I hated dragon tracks in V2...lost half my plants to them.  if they are in the same spot as a plant then the plant goes poof, and since dragons went where they wanted with no regards for walls it caused issues.

if that part is fixed I like the idea of hard to kill creatures roaming around leaving tracks.
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?