Author Topic: Toadwater 2, Free Mmorpg kinda like Harvest Moon  (Read 15462 times)

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Toadwater 2, Free Mmorpg kinda like Harvest Moon
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:36 pm »
oh my god this game is terrible
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Travis

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »
It's been quite a few months.  Sorry to bump up an old topic although there is only one topic on top if it.

If you haven't checked out Toadwater, you should.  It's free and just takes java.

If you have checked out and didn't like it, sorry.  Let me know if there is anything I can fix.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »
from what I remember when I tried your game:

• it was all grind no glory...there should be some sort of actual goal to the game instead of just grind grind grind
  • theres no way to store items
  • if you make/find an item you don't already have in your bag and your bag is full you just lose it
  • theres no way to skip the tutorial(or any part of it)

no offense meant, but you did sort of ask for feedback
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Travis

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:48 pm »
from what I remember when I tried your game:

• it was all grind no glory...there should be some sort of actual goal to the game instead of just grind grind grind
  • theres no way to store items
  • if you make/find an item you don't already have in your bag and your bag is full you just lose it
  • theres no way to skip the tutorial(or any part of it)

no offense meant, but you did sort of ask for feedback

Thanks for the feedback.

1.  I've been trying to add more goals to the game, it's lacking though.
2. There are ground hoards that can hold 10 items per square, kinda like boxes in RPGWO.  They just are expensive.  There are a few items made with bamboo that hold all the radishes in one slot, etc.
3. They shouldn't happen, I'll try to look through the actions and double check that.
4. I figure if you can't sit through the tutorial, then you probably won't be able to sit through the game very long.

Keep it coming guys.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »
4. I figure if you can't sit through the tutorial, then you probably won't be able to sit through the game very long.

its not the tutorial as a whole, we discussed a section of it way back when I was playing:

I tried this game, I've played for about an hour and a half and I'm still on the tutorial(or was, I think your game crashed or something).  I'm currently on the part where I have to build an idol to get level 2(ponderosa pine) seeds. 

I have so far:

190 balsam fir seeds
45 white fir seeds
57 ponderosa pine seeds
7 masa bamboo shoots

this game is mostly just sitting there idly waiting.  all you can really do while waiting is dig.  as thats the way to get seeds I don't see the point in this step of the tutorial.  tutorials are great for games.  for a game like this however, the tutorial is overcomplicated. as it has to be done(I haven't found a way to skip it) it really drags down any fun that could be had in the game.  also since it is a tutorial maybe you could have that area play faster since it really is just a click and wait game.

that step in the tutorial is both useless and difficult, some parts before that were useless too, but weren't so impossible that they made you want to just give up....

if there is a part of your tutorial that is that difficult, and has no purpose, and theres no way to skip it, people aren't going to want to stick around...

also while reading through to find that post I came across this post:

HnH is acting up so I decided to give this another shot...

any chance you can make tree chopping take 1 click?  taking 10 ticks is fine, but having to click it each tick gets annoying.

again clickity clickity clickity.  it makes the grind worse when you have to click 10 times to chop down 1 tree.  ok I can buy the level 2 axe but its still 5 clicks, 1 click to chop down a tree should be enough, no matter how many ticks it takes to actually get it done.  of course thats just the numbers for the level 1 trees each higher level tree adds to the number of clicks it takes to chop a tree...think it was the level 4 tree(may have been the level 3) with the level 2 axe, but you can't even queue up enough clicks to chop it down.  you have to go through the queue then click more...maybe a right click and select chop down tree so you don't chop down the wrong tree on a misclick, but sticking to my point you shouldn't have to click for each chop!
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Novibear

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 90
    Attack Member
  • He who should be named
    • MSN Messenger - osiris8762@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Karma Bad Level 5
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:04 am »
So i trued the game the other day completed the tutorial. but i cant seem to leave the start world. thirst was not covered in the tutorial. over all it's slow too. not very much like harvest moon i play those games.
I play on and off

Where'd everyone go!?