Author Topic: Dune V2 World  (Read 21469 times)

Offline Vicious

Re: Dune V2 World
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »
Hmm i like Greatest's new alchemy system, i had an idea that you should add "minerals" quartz, crystals ect to the game maybe around the underwater areas? (if u plan on making water underground..) that you could pick at maybe multiple uses per "crystal" and u get "crystal pieces or chips from it that u can grind up, then use that method, maybe keeping some plants in, like mushrooms and such, that can be mixed in?

also the silk worms would probably be like a cow and probably would just have a higher death rate than cows and such, or could turn into silk moths which could breed and make more? (just throwing it out there)
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Senkei

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:31 pm »
whoa vicious that is way out there

Offline inventer110

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 03:36:49 am »
I know heavy armor = sink into the sand, but then again he didn't say sand, he said scorched earth which makes me think salt flats, barren wilderness, and dried up flaky river beds that have been baked into brick by the hot sun...

plus I can't think of a better way to do it unless he adds a bunch of other stuff, which he's probably not planning to do...he probably won't even add this I was just tossing the idea out there.

@Yeahs: 1000X1000 area map is a 5X5 sector map.  with 50 lines on the map you get 4 pieces per sector meaning 200X200 for a sector.  that times 5 = 1000

sry I wasn't clear i was referring to high temperature and plate armor don't mix

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
it won't exactly be plate armor once its been transformed with the ice oil...think of it like a fridge, wrapped in metal, but always cold inside.

but I guess you could use something else, maybe leather armor, and use 1 ice oil per level improving it...or even better, something that would go in an item spot so people can still use armor while exploring the surface
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Duregar

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 12:30:15 pm »
maybe u could put the clothe slot to use for that idea?

combine an armor chest piece with an ice oil to make something that cools instead of warms for the spot that cloaks and jackets go into
the higher the armor piece the higher the skill to make and the better it works

Offline Generic Black Guy

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 89
    Attack Member
  • in it for the lolz
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 05:31:15 pm »
back on topic,

if your doing a dune world, then borrow from frank herberts Dune, need water on surface to survive, effing huge sandworms, people living underground in sietches or risking living in above ground encampments, but taking a huge toll, replacing the plants with various spices and or fungi, replacing a few skills with things like prospecting, survival and making mining and stone working into one skill, with more of an emphasis on making sietches/homes or communities, sandstorms that do damage, borrow from fallout 3/nv, and instead of dismissing a modern world, make it half and half, with tools and some modern weapons, but being realistic, since not everyone is gonna walk around toting big guns, etc. but i wouldnt be quick to dismissing the surface though, and maybe tweak the boat code to making sand crafts that can skitter on the sands, and make impossibly huge spawns on the surface.

tl;dr borrow from Dune and Fallout, and keep it underground, but not entirely closing off the surface, but make it more or less inhospitable, but finding cool things there, but more or less keeping yourself alive up there.
"Where ever white people go, you damn sure know we will follow."
Black Motto

Offline Senkei

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »
*sigh*

Offline @@Admin Blaster

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:41 am »
I think this is an ingenious idea. Post-Apocalyptic alien world semi modern. Maybe have NPC tribes, or maybe instead of sieges have it so a land plot in the middle is filled with prizes(spice), but defended by a NPC tribe or government. Guild that is able to get to a certain coordinate with prizes wins. Dole out monies or what have you to winning guild, everyone gets a certain cut depending on rank... etc. etc.

It's something different, and if you make it at least semi-modern some more people may be interested, as that was my favorite type of world and I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.

Offline yeahs

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 03:34:14 am »
Question, do you have to mine underground, will everyo ne have innate mining ability?

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 04:26:54 am »
Question, do you have to mine underground, will everyo ne have innate mining ability?
lmao hadn't given much thought to the mining part...poor mages ;D how about a create path spell for blue magic?  makes ground turn into normal walking area but no ore? select area to cast and maybe 5 minable spots straight from that spot(from your direction) go poof...

but I think I saw Mickey say somewhere that mining would be easier than normal, but I can't find where he said it :-\

and of course you can always pave a path through to where you're going, don't have to mine it first(but that requires masonry)

Offline yeahs

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 12:41:01 pm »
Will this be a pk server. I think every server should be pk now. Not many newbies these days, mostly people who have been playing for years. Atleast no vitae loss pk. Its pretty hard to find people to kill outside of their houses anyway

Offline Senkei

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:12 pm »
Will this be a pk server. I think every server should be pk now. Not many newbies these days, mostly people who have been playing for years. Atleast no vitae loss pk. Its pretty tough to find people to kill outside of their houses anyway

That is incredibly dumb and idiotic.

Offline Senkei

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 04:51:41 pm »
It would completely discourage new player interest, leaving us with the old farts that need to die already.

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »
how about forced pk sectors?  I remember playing some old server that was mostly safe but I lived in a forced pk sector as a full trader...gave me lots of extra space to use and was close to a town with warp stones

but full forced pk is bad, just gets traders killed and bitched since they can't fight back

Offline Pokemon Steve

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »
It would completely discourage new player interest, leaving us with the old farts that need to die already.

What a pony.

Offline Senkei

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »

What a pony.

I was just trolling but ok

Offline Generic Black Guy

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 89
    Attack Member
  • in it for the lolz
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:09 pm »
i like the forced pk sectors, since if anyone read dune, the sietches only banded together when war came, but before, they fought each other, no faction bs, but a serious focus on community and traders should always be safe.
"Where ever white people go, you damn sure know we will follow."
Black Motto

Offline Vicious

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 10:21:00 pm »
Okay.. like I said before in the other thread.. forced pk world with a focus on undergound = bad. because its underground and players would have to mine their way around, it would take literally no effort to follow someones paths to where they are and kill them, unless you added some sort of way to conceal peoples mining paths behind them like"use granite rock or pile of dirt on empty mine ground to get mine" (like dirt back on the ground to get a mine that if mined creates dirt again.) then putting it as forced pk is a bad idea.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline yeahs

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:25 am »
Its not like getting pked is that bad, especially if there was no vitae loss. I think pk would bring more players than turn them away. If there is no forced pk then you can say bye to player interaction amongst most of the players because there is no need to except when you need runes. In non pk servers you dont need to see anyone, you just train all day

Offline Vicious

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 03:02:38 am »
Normally, yeah I'd say I'm all for a forced pk world, but this is an underground world.. and the notion of being sent back to your respawn point then having to walk back..to a person who's probably waiting for u drives players away. since its so easy to stalk a person in an underground world pk = bad non pk = good. maybe make the surface forced pk only but not the underground?... though that'd take some extra coding.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?