Poll

Different Methods for doing weapons for a server.

One weapon per ore.
4 (57.1%)
Two weapons per ore.
2 (28.6%)
Three weapons per ore.
0 (0%)
Four weapons per ore, a heavy/light (2 of each low req/high req)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 19, 2011, 02:00:18 am

Author Topic: Weapon Styles.  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Vicious

Weapon Styles.
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:00:18 am »
Just a general Q, seeing as there has been servers with each of the different options, curious on which gets favored.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: Weapon Styles.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 02:26:54 am »
One weapon per ore because usually when given the option for two or more weapons people use the best one from each ore type anyways and the other ones end up being useless.

Even when it's 4 weapons for example and some might have different damage types, no one really pays attention to that stuff and mostly end up focusing on damage and speed only. It's not like anyone would seriously switch between weapons for different monsters just to do an extra 10 damage.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Senkei

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:05 am »
When there is more than one weapon for each weapon class in one ore group they usually have different skill requirements; I thought you guys knew this.

Offline Senkei

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:28:02 am »
Which is usually implemented to not have huge gaps in skill requirements and damage between weapons. plz lrn your rpgwo

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:55:27 pm »
Senkei, I am speaking from the point of view of a VETERAN RPGWO player like my self, that doesn't need a new tigering weapon every 25 skill points because with boosts, potions, jewels I will always be using the best weapon I have at the time.

The "Heavy Copper Dagger" over the "Light Copper Dagger" scenario is a stupid addition to this game. The requirement is usually only 25-50 skill points difference, and the damage type difference is probably only a 1-2 point change. Speed is probably .5 difference between the two which isn't really much at all.

The extra weapons for each ore type is what I like to call a "Mickey Update."

Completely useless and time that could be spent on better things, so go away you retarded waste of life.

Offline Vicious

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 01:00:22 pm »
I agree that the single weapon per ore is the right way to go, when you take a skill like dagger or ua as an example, putting multiple different weapons per ore makes the damage differences between each weapon so small it might as well not be there at all.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Senkei

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »
Senkei, I am speaking from the point of view of a VETERAN RPGWO player like my self, that doesn't need a new tigering weapon every 25 skill points because with boosts, potions, jewels I will always be using the best weapon I have at the time.

The "Heavy Copper Dagger" over the "Light Copper Dagger" scenario is a stupid addition to this game. The requirement is usually only 25-50 skill points difference, and the damage type difference is probably only a 1-2 point change. Speed is probably .5 difference between the two which isn't really much at all.

The extra weapons for each ore type is what I like to call a "Mickey Update."

Completely useless and time that could be spent on better things, so go away you retarded waste of life.

You disproved the "I'm a veteran player" part by including the "I'm gonna need some boosts first man" part

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »
go away you retarded waste of life.

Offline Ead

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 04:07:01 pm »
i vote one. i really prefer two, but only if there's noticeable differences in them, like 1/2 handed, or speed, damage type, bonus or whatevs. doesn't seem to really happen though
The Evil Eye

Offline Vicious

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
Well one of the problems with that is, there aren't enough different "unique" abilities you can give to a weapon due to mickeys hard coding block, so the only way to make 2 weapons per ore would be to either remove some weapon skills and give those abilities to the remaining weapons, or to start giving things like "ess steal" but obviously then that weapon would be used because of it.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Ead

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 04:13:44 pm »
that's very true
what I was thinking though was more like a higher damage weapon and lower for each ore maybe, with the highers being 2 handed in most cases. like, I've never played staff for instance cause yea you get AL to replace a shield, but you lose a + armor spot cause they're usually two handed. that's just my style though
The Evil Eye

Offline Vicious

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 04:23:14 pm »
Yeah but then you hit a block, with those weapons which are already 2h like scythe spear staff, you cannot make those 1 handed because they'd then be op, same for their speed, and as for the lower req being 1 handed higher req being 2, that wouldn't work out well because it wouldn't really be a choice, people would pick slightly less damage + shield over a little more damage - shield.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Miner 49er

• Attack: 2852
    Defense: 2961
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 35
    10 Poll Votes Tenth year Anniversary Karma Bad
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:44 pm »
Trust me, doing 4 weapons per ore is a bit too much. Its alot of work making and balancing that many weapons

Offline Dark Elf

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 08:20:56 am »
i picked 1.
back in the day, there were ores u could get that didnt even make weapons. that was hot.

go from pratice > copper > silver  > iron > then u had to wait for the big jump to steel > if u were lucky enough to find damon cuz ut or mickey had to create it, it didnt fall once a week (which is a poopy plan)

if u have 2 or more weapons per ore the damage gets soo stupid by the time u get to the higher end weapons. but thats comming from a guy who really likes this easymode wolf that every server is today.
And Jaster Reylu, I appreciate your encouragement to get him to "delete" my site. However he barely had any control over it at all. Nice to know where you side, though

Offline Senkei

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 11:45:05 am »
Yep, we all have our own games we created that are much better

(create you're own fake veteran server if it means that much to you)

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 01:56:51 pm »
from the standpoint of a trader(I've only ever been a fighter once and I sucked) I like the idea of 1 weapon per ore.  when someone asks hey can someone make me a {weapontype} after copper you'd know its silver of the same thing instead of asking which 1 do you want I can make 5 from that ore...

on the other hand I can see a need for the multiple types of weapons maybe 1 is really fast but lower damage while another is slower bigger damage and maybe 1 balanced(but like Ead said that never happens)

and of course you have to take into consideration a skill like throwing: throwing axes can break shields, but daggers and shuriken are way faster, but spears do more damage...if all skills had that type of a difference more than 1 from each ore would be good, even though most throwers end up using shrokrims(sp) thats more a matter of choice so they don't have to carry ammo(though I think they should be 1 throw chakrams don't work the way Xena did it)

but if you leave it at 1 weapon per material you'll need to balance skill and damage for weapons alot more, 10(did I miscount?) weapons for each skill and going 50 levels til next weapon can be rough at higher levels...though none of this really matters unless you're planning to make your own server, and if thats what you're planning its all up to what you want
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline Vicious

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »
That's a huge reason why alot of servers fail, because a server can't be there for what the host wants, it has to be for what players want, and if its not they quit and it dies.

Thanks for the input guys, keep the votes coming.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline Senkei

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »
Yep, we all have our own games we created that are much better

(create you're own fake veteran server if it means that much to you)

Offline Senkei

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:32 pm »
Blaming admins for not meeting your "leet" standards for a server is not ok