Author Topic: No v2 servers...  (Read 6218 times)

Offline Balthazar

No v2 servers...
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »
Beings ut took away the new luny....again like he did with old luny....i think mickey should let us have access to v2 server exe and basic inis for it so we can make some v2 servers.....

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Re: No v2 servers...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »
Yeah good luck with that one. As long as UT has any say in the matter V2 won't ever be released to the public or at least not for a long time.

I doubt he would even allow giving server access to anyone willing to host or pay for hosting and be on the list because since he's not working on V3, V2 is all he has and without any control over it he essentially becomes useless.

Anyways, one person who I feel is deserving of a V2 with server access is Gary. He already has a V1 server on the official list which has had a steady playerbase for awhile now and I know he'd be willing to work and update a V2 server regularly so I really don't see any better candidates at this time.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »
I'm always a candidate.

I just don't get permission when I obtain the server, though.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:50:53 am »
yea what Kaios said, give Gary V2
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?

Offline @@Admin Nash

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:29:14 am »
I would have to agree, Gary should get V2. He was like the first one to get the most recent v1 and official server status and help from mickey updating the server.exe Not to mention Mickeys focused on on V3 and there are no V2 servers so yea lol

Offline Lord Balmung

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 04:30:11 pm »
First of all, this is not meant to be aimed at any particular individual. The purpose of this post is not to blemish or embellish anyone's reputation. It is simply an unbiased analysis of the game's strong and weak points. People log onto RPGWO for the first time and immediately think, "Good god, this game looks terrible.." Those of us who chose to gave it the benefit of the doubt somehow managed to create of tight knit community where everyone is familiar with everyone.  After a while the gameplay becomes bearable, or even likeable and the options you have seem countless compared to other games. The idea of a huge world with nothing in it except a handful of creations by the Admins and leaving a vast landscape to the players to do with whatever they may choose is an interesting concept. Some players may choose to focus on their weapon skills, while others will go out into the world and destroy, then rebuild it to their liking. After some time the effect the players have on the look of the world is extremely noticeable. Which brings it down to the point: the main focus of this game can not only be directed toward content for Combat players, but the Trade players as well. Content for the Combat players has always been decent, but the game has so many features that it does not implement. How many quests have there been where not a single trap was used, not even a text trap? One of UT's major stresses about submitting quests was that they had to have "depth". Honestly, I never saw much in his, but then again most of what he said and did was purely hypocritical. Focus never really seemed to be shined upon the trade aspect of the game, which caused the trade skill-based players to usually end up quitting a few months into the server. That obviously causes problems because a lot of tools are required in the gameplay, but if there's no one there who can make them you're pretty much out of luck. Another major point in the game that drew us all in were the events. Sieges, LMS, Catapult Wars, Raft Race, Drunken Races, etc. But when the Admins stop showing up, the same happens with the events. The main issue lies there: the Admins. For example, UT. We all understand that Mickey trusts UT to control things as he pleases. This has proven on countless occasions that UT loves to punish people, get truly furious for no reason whatsoever, and push his rights as an Admin to the extent. However he also knows what he's doing. That's the big picture. The problem is that he doesn't have the drive to actually address the real issues with the game. At this point: The graphics, lack of content, lack of depth, lack of committed staff. V2 came along and seemed to give a new life to RPGWO for a time, but then it just seemed to be the same old game. No depth. Gary has run Rebirth exactly as a decent server should have been. And it's on V1. The server overtook and outlasted as plenty of others came and went. He actually addressed the problems. He was around to make sure the event worked. He did the extra work the make the server the way the players wanted it. And the convenient part? He knows what he's doing too. But the server was held back. It could have accomplished more on V2. Or rather, he could have. But UT wants to cling to V2 as if it were his own, something only he can control. With talk of V3 it would only make sense to release the server files to at least one other player and allow them to create things the way the think they ought to be, and learn from it. Why try to make a game that you hope your players will like, when you can simply have them show you? It's a basic concept. The best way to accomplish something like this is as a collective. The main points that, in my opinion, need to be focused on are the depth that is put into the quests and content(including the types and varieties of weapons or armor, trade skills, the layout of the world in general..), more accountability for the people who are supposed to be there to run it and fix the problems, and UT needs to realize that he's not the only one who wants to help with the game. I worked with him one time and that's the extent of what I want to have to do with the guy. He lacks the ability to treat his fellow staff as equals, and shoots down each and every idea simply because it is not what he wants to do. A man like this should not be the one in charge. I have also worked with Gary, and on every decision he would get ideas and help from his fellow staff. He's open to criticism and knows that it's not what he wants to do with the server that's important.

Mickey, if for whatever reason you read this: Give Gary V2. He'll actually push it in the right direction.

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:23 pm »
walloftext.jpg

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »
Paragraphs, how do I use them.

Offline Ead

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »
I believe the appearance of his post was intended to be a symbolic representation of his description of RPGWO; doesn't look great at first but check it out. 

8)
The Evil Eye

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 03:58:23 am »
lol I read the 1st 3 lines and the last 1...

not sure what was in the middle but, to the last line: yea what he said

Offline Axeman

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »
I believe the appearance of his post was intended to be a symbolic representation of his description of RPGWO; doesn't look great at first but check it out. 

8)

ZOMG.  :o

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »
 :o

Offline Cky

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 10:18:23 pm »
Playing v2 would be pimp never got to try it
1st ST -lvl 34 BlackMage ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 36 Thrower ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 24 Bow ~ Retired

2nd ST-lvl 47 Thrower ~ Retired

Nulona-lvl 28 Thrower ~ Quit

Calamity-lvl 46 Macer ~ Active

Offline Sorin Fayte

• Attack: 88
    Attack Member
  • tapped that.
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »
honestly. i dont think V2 should be released simply because it is a bit more complicated than v1. sure, all it would take is a few hours/days to figure it out. but the fact is, most people dont care enough to figure it out on their own. so all it would create is countless questions being asked. and more and more insults being flung at noobs/people who dont care/vets who know but want attention.  it seems that the issue is more of keeping the peace atm rather than keeping it from us to be mean or cruel.

like a virgin

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 07:32:38 pm »
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Offline Sorin Fayte

• Attack: 88
    Attack Member
  • tapped that.
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:36 pm »
dude. that is a pretty epic smiley

like a virgin

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:17 pm »
besides the potion crap its simpler than V1(and the potion crap is all up to the .inis of the person building the server) so I don't think thats a valid reason not to release it...plus we all got addicted to stackable stuff, extra mining levels, and bigger boxes

and yea I'm stealing your smiley :P

Offline Vicious

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 11:54:38 pm »
V2 to Gary, at least it'll be up a year with a consistent admin who does know how to work a server.
Lv. 48 Sword - ST2 [R]
Lv. 52 Dagger - 2nd Shadow [R]
Lv. 48 Mace - Ataxia [R]
Lv. 53 Mage/Xbow - Nexus V2 [R]
Lv. 64 Bower - Stormy Coast [R]
Lv. 108 Axer - Rebirth [R]
Lv. 64 Mage - Calamity [R]
Lv. 62 Mage - Fancy Lad [R]
Lv. 68 Bower - Hex [R]
LV. 77 Mage - Hex [R]

Who counts Damon?

Offline @@Admin Nash

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 12:52:28 am »
I wish the forums had a like button :P  /\ LIKE

Offline Greatest

Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 07:11:08 pm »
I wish the forums had a like button :P  /\ LIKE
:D the result of V3