Author Topic: Suggestions now?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline gekk

Suggestions now?
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »
Some things I recall that I think I'm missing; and some processes that are overly clicking-intensive...

1) Farming.  Double-click scythe, click ground, drag seed to you (or insert-pickup), double click plough, click ground, double click seed, click ground... you can save some work doing multiple seeds at a time, but nothing there can be changed to save any real noticeable time (same # of clicks regardless if you do 1 at a time, sets of 3, sets of 8, whatever). 

"Use ground" with repeat would be enough to correct; is that planned?  I have no issues with the STA usage or # of steps to do this, just the clicking required.

2) Alchemy.  Again with the clicking.  If an alembic can't stack (as you mentioned earlier, it has durability so that wouldn't work) is there any way to make this less tedious?  Grind seed can be repeated; that portion is fine; but the rest? 

Double click ground seed, click alembic, (wait for inventory to reshuffle) double click alembic, click way out on camp fire in screen... repeat... This is the main portion of alchemy, minor potions are what everything is built on, and it just feel painful to do this hundreds of times.  If you weren't clicking out on the campfire half the screen away it would be less awful...

Maybe not just a "use ground under" but a "use ground 1 space N/S/E/W and under... I don't care the dir or how it works (I'll reconfigure my land accordingly) but sitting on a campfire will of course kill me.

3) Cooking.  Plucking chickens is fine, carving chickens is fine.  Putting chickens on the sticks is good too.  Every cooked chicken needs a double-click, then click on center of screen on campfire, then click on use hand, then click on cooked chicken.   Stacking the chicken on a stick (cooked & uncooked) would make that easier.  Still use the same STA, but avoid the endless clicking.

Again the main problem is the clicking on the campfire in the center of the screen, without a repeat, then double-clicking in your inventory at the bottom left... you're racing the poor cursor around and clicking.

Make the processes slower, or use more STA, or something if letting them be done with fewer clicks gets things done "faster" than you'd prefer.  But this seems like repetition for the sake of inflicting pain, not to make the game more fun or realistic.  And when it's something you'll need to do hundreds or thousands of times for a skill; without any other real options... dreadful.

Offline Greatest

• Attack: 161
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • I'm better than you!
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary
Re: Suggestions now?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »
3) Cooking.  Plucking chickens is fine, carving chickens is fine.  Putting chickens on the sticks is good too.  Every cooked chicken needs a double-click, then click on center of screen on campfire, then click on use hand, then click on cooked chicken.   Stacking the chicken on a stick (cooked & uncooked) would make that easier.  Still use the same STA, but avoid the endless clicking.
lol idea thief

...but yea thats really needed cooking is a pain the way it is right now, I like the stick idea since it adds a bit of realism(a pot or pan would work too), but they should be stackable
why does Fox keep cancelling good shows?