Author Topic: Guilds and Whats Wrong!  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Gimpy

Guilds and Whats Wrong!
« on: August 27, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »
Guilds

This small section is what i personaly think is wrong with rpgwo guilds.
 *Do to the broken econamy (will explain issue and how to fix fallowing guilds)
  rpgwo guilds are to easy to obtain, and thus for have no real value.

*Lets take a look at what an rpgwo guild has to offer and the great idea put
 behind it. A guild bank system, an invite/boot system, a guild bank, a rank
 system, a experence system base off guild rank and player % based off player level.

WHATS WRONG

*Ok now lets go over what dosent work about it. First of all lets start with the obvios
 as i stated above the econamy is broken so money has no real value, so this sad amount of
 20k or 30k or even 100k cost to make a guild is losely put pocket change. People can make that
 the first day from simply destroying the noob vendors with iron weapons and cheat runes and
 wands. This problem has acctualy been slightly fixed thanks to UT who implamented but not
 perfect a new vendor system and removed NPC selling. Witch "IMO" RPGWO can do without. This
 should slightly fix the money issue with rpgwo but not intirely. Ok back to subject in hand
 ill hit on that more later. Guild ranks have no meaning. Point blank, this is the whats wrong
 chapter ill explain how to fix this later. Guild exp hands out to any one with rank when theres
 money in the bank. Guild land is slightly pointless and wasent well thought out. Guild bank is
 pointless other then to keep your guild up.

FIX

*So here we go. Lets start off at the top, guilds take money to create. I disagree. A guild is
 a band of friends or family who work togeather to obtain a goal or rule a world as we have seen
 in many years of this great game. Guilds should take Multiple people to create. VIA a quest that
 takes multi people to do perferable in the mid lvls or 40-60, higher end mobs should fill this quest
 with a no joke respawn time. Lots of traps. Lots of stupid warps. No prizes just an end goal of getting
 a Guild create charter. This item should be taken only by the person who wants to lead this guild. Now thats
 PART 1, PART 2 is karma, along with your charter you should have to have a certen amount of karma and by that
 i mean alot. 1kish if one scrole gives 5 or 10 and theres a decent drop system that is perfected and ofcorse event
 won karma. So you would take thes to the NPC double click the charter, click the npc witch will remove it from
 inventory and withdraw the karma automaticly, then a box should pop up for guild name. OK so theres one idea on
 what i think it should take to create a guild. No more bullwolf first week on a new server 10 guilds. OR lvl 10s
 making guilds. Ok now the rank system, as of right now the rank system is rank 10 (owner) controles everything.
 Rank 0-9 can do nothing, it was acctualy only implamented to judge exp.Heres what i think can fix this problem
 first of all less ranks 6 or 7 should do.

Rank 6 (withdraw,deposit,disban,invite,boot,guildland controle,Promoter)
 Rank 5 (withdraw,deposit,invite,boot,guildland controle,Promoter) This is your number 2, come on now!
 Rank 4 (withdraw, deposit, invite, guildland controle) This is a hard working player!
 Rank 3 (deposit, invite, guildland controle)
 Rank 2 (deposit, guildland controle)
 Rank 1 (Deposit)
 Rank 0 (PEON)

Ok obviosly i used 6 here but if up for debate, this isent perfect just a some what good outline. Know i know your asking
 Ok what about people who dont want exp. Ok well already thought of that. Exp should involve your bank lol, it should be
 an option command for the players personal prefrance. Just add in a simple command to turn exp off if the player dose, or
 dosent want exp simple as that. And the amount can still be differed by the rank of the player ofcorse. Now i personaly
 agree with the cost of monthly member fee ect ect, this makes each player responceble for there own self. A way you can
 make guild bank slightly more valueble is to add in guild rewards mybe? like another guild plot if you pay this much
 out of your guild bank, Or put a limit to how many members you can have untill your guild pays for a member up ect ect.
 Dident think that one threw all the way but its just an idea.Now for guild land, Not just any ol chum should be able to
 take and build and take and build. You should have to earn rank befor you have this ability (guildland controle).

WHY

*I myself Gimpy have been around the block like a cheap cat and most people know me by now. Weather you like me or not,
 I know rpgwo its what i do. I have played almost every server rpgwo has had to offer, and i havent left yet. I pitched this
 idea to mickey on steeltide 2 when i learned more about rpgwo but i was still young, the reply i got was. TO MUCH WORK. ok
 well now look where your game is becouse it was "to much work". I give all credit to my self in this and im sure im not
 the only one who has had thes idea i guess im just the only one who wants to blub about it. Im going to go into detail about
 alot of other problems including *BROKEN ECONAMY* witch was stated often above. And most likely other ideas and things
 i think could really improve rpgwo.

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING :(
                                                             Your friend Gimpy

Offline @@Admin Nash

Re: Guilds and Whats Wrong!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »
 :)

Offline Dlfgamer

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:33:26 pm »
Ok I agree with some if not most of that but can you try to have better grammar please?

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 06:11:35 pm »
sorry this topic is for people who play rpgwo can we help you?

Offline Dlfgamer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 07:16:11 pm »
I play Rpgwo and i don't need any help thanks though. <3

Offline Demi

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:06:28 pm »
I have to disagree that guild ranks have no meaning. The guild I am in uses a fair ranking system to give XP. They actually have meaning, it just depends on the guild owner. I agree on a system to be a guild owner but not receive any XP if that person does not wish. I totally agree with the rest of the systems you have put together. I also think you did a good job coming up with the ideas. It would be nice to see Karma again, and a good use for it. WTG gimpy.