Author Topic: Semi-Open end Mission server (modern world)  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Bucket

Semi-Open end Mission server (modern world)
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:32:28 pm »
This is a missionish server, It will NOT be focusing on skill levels, with the exception of trade skills.

What exactly is the point of this? Not sure, it's mostly experimentation.

What theme is it? Modern Post-Zombie Apocolypse

What features does/will it have?
New skills such as Scavenger which will be used to increase the chances of your survival. It is a 2x2 world that will have a few small (20x20, maybe a 40x40 "big" town) that can become completely infested, and liberated by a player. How the zombies will work, if there is something within 50 units of them, they will hunt it down. What that means, if you have your "base" situated in the middle of a sector, expect some heavy zombie attacks on you. Currently, there are 3 armor types, 2 weapons for each skill, and buildable barricades, that can be built on any land.  Currently, a player can only create Sandbags, fencing, and razorwire. Each has a "lifetime" and will become a pile of ruins eventually (typically within 5 minutes of being placed) Ruins can be salvaged and you can get a part of what was put in to make the barricade. I'm attempting to implement destructable barricades, but they aren't working as planned (they do not become destroyed after extended contact with a monster) All players will have *most* trade skills. In addition, they will only be able to train 1 weapon skill. Speccing is not necessary, because Defense skills have been removed. Before you freak out, please remember that there are very few ranged mob, and those that are ranged do not do large amounts of damage. Mainly the only way to die is to become surrounded and bashed to death. Attrib points will be relatively low, and the only atribs you would *really* need to place are in str, life, and quick. Dex will be the main attrib for trade skills. I expect to be ready to let players on within an hour or two. At first it won't be very sophisticated (very little done on itemusages and such) so please be patient.

When will it be released? Within a few hours.

How long untill there is enough content to make it optimum for playing? Most likely there will be a full world within a week.

How long do you think this server will provide "fun" content? I am hoping the server to be played for a month, high hopes, but I plan on adding more and more content DAILY.

Will the world ever be expanded? If, by popular demand and the space is needed, I will increase the world size.

How often will you wipe the server? Hopefully I won't need to wipe, as more content emerges, it should balance out and provide seamless gameplay from addition to addition.

How much, exactly, will be pre-fabricated in the world, as opposed to just an open world? As content is implemented, I hope for around 30-40% of the world to actually be created by me or another admin, the rest being player created "bases" and wilderness.

How will player bases work? If a player wishes to advance in the trade skills, he will be forced to create a base to create and improve armor, weapons, or tools. The base itself, will be able to have hired guards so that it is not up to just the players to defend it.

How will gold work? Gold will not be dropped by monsters, players will have to buy and sell from the merchants, or eachother to earn gold. Gold is only used to buy off merchants, hire guards, and buy a mule/trader. Mules and traders will cost a large amount, while guards will be relatively cheap compared to mules.

I'll post back when it's ready, or if you have any questions.

Offline Bucket

Re: Semi-Open end Mission server (modern world)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »
Due to some technical difficulties, server will open tomorow. Gives me more time to make more stuff, and you guys get more time to prepare  ::)

Offline Mystic

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:50:39 pm »
Sounds interesting

Offline Dlfgamer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:27 pm »
Sounds interesting
to say the least ill check it out though

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 04:08:17 pm »
is dis server gonna open or what  ???
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Falcon

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:55:25 pm »
so on thursday or friday?
Oldish player, not much else you need to know. Why are you even reading this, you should stop.. Please stop. Why are you not stopping?

Offline Bucket

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:10:07 pm »
Name=Blood
IP=bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info
Port=6015
UpdateURL=http://bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info/Blood.files

Alright, the server is ready for a launch. Currently there are quite a few things missing. Bases are useless for now, and pretty much all you can do is kill zombies. Zombies all have a chance to drop a weapon, or item. You can use these items to create weaponry, enhance armor (not yet implemented), or sell them to the vendors for gold. The gold will be used to buy ammo for the better weapons.

You can make barricades, they will last roughly 5 minutes. You can buy them from the merchant, but you will be able to make/get them other ways later. To make razor wire, you must get normal fencing, and razors. Razors drop randomly from the zombies.

Common drops: Nails and Torn Rags. Nails are used to upgrade the Baseball bat, and the Rags are used to create molotovs. They will be used later in the creation of sandbags. Nails will have more uses later. Both can be sold to the merchant in the starting area.

The starting area will usually always be under attack, but you can go to a zombie containment scenario, where troops are attempting to hold back the zombie hordes. You can aid them. Typically, they will be over run.

Zombie Corpses are useful. Once you get enough money, you can buy a Zombie Skinning Knife. It acts as a search for items on a zombie corpse. You can only search for low level items for now. You can choose which Item you want to look for specifically, but under 50 skill (scavenger), you only have a 1% chance to succeed. The bodies last a very short time. Around 100+ skill you should be able to scavenge off them somewhat easily.

Weapon skill doesn't matter past 30 typically. The Ammo merchant will sell you low level ammo for free, for now.

Suggested setup: roll with near maxed quick, 50+ health, some str, and dex.

Offline Liniak

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 11:43:29 am »
Good idea, but seems like it would loose appeal fairly quick.
Cravem = Link; Lvl 2 Miner

Offline Cerebral

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 12:37:33 pm »
I'm Trying to connect but the server must not be opened. you need to leave it open no matter what

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:36 pm »
ya
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Liniak

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 02:21:40 pm »
Seems to be up now.
Cravem = Link; Lvl 2 Miner

Offline Bucket

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 06:33:04 am »
I will be working on another project along with my server. What this means is that the server will not have constant updates, and I will most likely do bi-weekly updates from now on.

Offline Binkow

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 06:58:19 am »
Go on the server

Offline Bucket

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 07:04:46 am »
Sorry for the recent updater downtime. I will have the .inis hosted here, bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info/BloodIni. The downloads will be updated once a week. Feel free to rip any content from my server. You can also upload files to the server. Just go to bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info, and click Upload. you will be directed to a folder, and you will see an upload button. Feel free to send me images, code snippets, or maps.

Offline Bucket

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 10:25:51 am »
Sorry again for the downtime that you may have just experienced, was having some issues with the server.

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 01:10:02 pm »
people still log on >_<

Offline Bucket

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:10 pm »
The server hard-drive fried, and I have a family emergency so I didn't have time to devote to recreating the server. I've worked on it, recently, and it's ready for a re-release. I've changed some core things about the server. To get better weaponry, you must use Upgrade patches. You get these as random drops, and quest rewards. Currently, there is only 1 quest chain that is an actual story, but I plan on adding more. I also added a new tier of weapons, and removed the ability to buy barricade materials from the vendor. You are still able to get them though. The connection info is still the same.

Offline Bucket

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 02:35:49 pm »
For those that have not been keeping up with the server, fully functional bases, defenses for those bases, and zombie attacks have been added. several other features have been added aswell.

Offline Bucket

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 08:53:47 pm »
Due to multiple factors and garbage on the server, I've closed it down. I won't be bringing it back. I have however, put the .ini set, and the files remain on the HTTP server.

http://bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info/BloodIniSet/
http://bloodrpgwo.no-ip.info/Blood.files/

The files are the latest version, while the ini-set is somewhat older.

Offline Falcon

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »
too bad, it was a very good server
Oldish player, not much else you need to know. Why are you even reading this, you should stop.. Please stop. Why are you not stopping?