Author Topic: RPGWO - Artists/Designers 2d Isometric Facebook  (Read 33792 times)

Offline Jon The Great

Re: RPGWO - Artists/Designers 2d Isometric Facebook
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:37 am »
Well the game is still the same....
We are not updating the Windows version of the game so that will have the same old style graphics. We are just updating the new online/browser version.

Offline Reid

Offline @@Admin Nash

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »
I didnt say I ment anything to RPGWO I was just saying as is the game has a total of what 30 peoeple that actually play? So how exactly is the "way" rpgwo is played going to change? Other then people playing it from FB.

And like Jon said, this isnt going to replace your V2 client, there will be two different "products" RPGWO for Facebook and RPGWO for Windows. Different clients, different servers, etc.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:10:27 pm by @@Admin Nash »

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 03:02:52 pm »
Not everyone is going to be happy with some of the changes made in this "Facebook Version" but I don't think that's any reason to write it off completely.

To make outrageous claims like this version is going to be terrible because you don't like how it looks is the same as when someone finds the game, logs in, and bashes it because of its graphics before actually even playing it.

I for one agree that the 2D style is probably alot better, but I must admit I am excited to try this game in Isometric graphics, just for the change of pace, and of course the promising outlook of a larger player base is great too.

However if this Silverlight Rpgwo is successful, the fact that the V2 is still remaining the same really doesn't matter at all. I doubt many people will still be playing it if there's a bigger playerbase else where.

That's just my opinion though.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »
the real problem is you people trying to fix whats not broken instead of fixing what is.
I didnt say I ment anything to RPGWO I was just saying as is the game has a total of what 30 peoeple that actually play? So how exactly is the "way" rpgwo is played going to change? Other then people playing it from FB.

And like Jon said, this isnt going to replace your V2 client, there will be two different "products" RPGWO for Facebook and RPGWO for Windows. Different clients, different servers, etc.

Offline Paine

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:19 pm »
People need to stop ripping on this. I'm guessing the people who are doing it are the some ones who created like 400 facebook pages when it changed from "become a fan" to "like". The graphics on RPGWO were in need of updating. Sure the game was fine without them, but if they have the tools to make them better, why not?. The old RPGWO wasn't broken, but had nobody on it. The community was dead. Having people access it over their browser instead is bound to bring in a new community. If you really have a problem with it, keep playing the old RPGWO even though it's dead. And then you'll complain about the non-existent community. Regardless of how much you guys complain, we all know you're going to play it. So stop being counter-productive.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 10:10:56 pm »
People need to stop ripping on this. I'm guessing the people who are doing it are the some ones who created like 400 facebook pages when it changed from "become a fan" to "like". The graphics on RPGWO were in need of updating. Sure the game was fine without them, but if they have the tools to make them better, why not?. The old RPGWO wasn't broken, but had nobody on it. The community was dead. Having people access it over their browser instead is bound to bring in a new community. If you really have a problem with it, keep playing the old RPGWO even though it's dead. And then you'll complain about the non-existent community. Regardless of how much you guys complain, we all know you're going to play it. So stop being counter-productive.
did you miss the whole point? yes, did every one miss the whole point? yess. Want to know why rpgwo is dead? OK let me lay it out for you from the last 8 years of playing. go to wwww.rpgwo.com and tell me what you see? a ran down website thats 10 years old and looks like its 20, go to pictures and tell me what you see. O look awsome liberty screen shoots of people doing nothing in not well done houses. Mybe if there was some decent screenshoots there of people doing some what kool stuff people would be interested. Jon ran pk servers into the ground with pool content, poor choise of admins and being money hungry and letting people buy weapons and god knows what els, Witch makes it into a cheeesy game cuz you broke the even playing field every one had. Bad enough kids struggle to get 20 usd for perks

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:39 pm »
Alright now lets keep looking, o yah lets release a v3 in iso graphics turning it into runescape mixed with tibie that will bring back players, WRONG that wont that will bring in new dumb players who will quit once they relize how broken it is, the games broken not becouse its in 2d but becouse no one wants to do 20-80 mill in the same sector, no one wants to get the same loot for 20 lvls, no one wants to do the same 5 quest for 6 months. Get your head out of your asses. Yah woot v3 lead by some one who hasent been part of his own game in the last 4 years. he dident even finish v2. And as for you nash who are you to even talk? with your lvl 30 tradesmen, what do you know about 1v6 pvp battles, 40mill tnls, stealthing to get away from mobs or players, magic walling to avoid mob damage and running befor it pops. Sadly the ONLY person here who has had a decent part in rpgwos lifespan relizes how silly of a atempt this is to save a game that you all killed

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:05 pm »

The people who are 'ripping' on this are the people who have been around long enough to know how Mickey and Jon work.

I don't doubt that they are putting alot of work into this new version of Rpgwo, but to me it just looks like they are sacrificing alot of what made this game great for a larger player base. (Not to mention more people = more money)

I'd rather play a dying game I love with some of the players I've known for so long than some crappy 2.5D version with a bunch of noobs who would probably end up constantly insulting the players that deserve the most respect.

They can try and say it's going to be the same Rpgwo experience all they want, but the fact is, it won't be. It never will be, especially not with the direction they are taking right now.

So before you log on here, trying to preach to people who really don't give a wolf about what you have to say, atleast try and use some common sense before you hit the Post button.

Seriously, maybe you played back in the day, maybe not. If you haven't actually PLAYED lately though, you really have no room to say anything.
[/quote]
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Jon The Great

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2010, 10:07:42 am »
Another screenie. Rats+Trees

Offline Kalose

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2010, 02:17:13 pm »
i know most of you dont know me lol, but instead of spending so much time trying to make this game "better" using graphics or sitting and whining about how a new version isnt going to make it any better also. why dont some of the vet players who still play this game. group together, make a killer world that appeals to the majority such as free perks, pk if wanted, and harder/easier skill and combat leveling. get it out to the community so everyone knows it exists. and leave all the people who think that v3 will revive this game alone whilst we all live in bliss on a true rpgwo world...of course deciding who would be incharge would be a problem as many admins in the past have proven...

p.s...sorry bout the essay and any spelling errors lol XD

Offline @@Admin Nash

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2010, 03:50:10 pm »
And as for you nash who are you to even talk?

Again...I never said I ment anything to rpgwo lol and who am I to talk? I've played this game for the last 5 years and so what if only as a tradesmen. I know exactly what you talking about but face it, those problems are not the "game" they are with the "servers" and the admins who run them.

And you never answerd my question before

So how exactly is the "way" rpgwo is played going to change? Other then people playing it from FB.

You just keep saying the same things

Oh and quit saying "you people" lol I have nothing to do with this new version I'm just playing it. You really mean Mickey and Jon and when you say "You People" have ruined the game, who are you talking about there because I'll admit I've really had nothing to do with the game majorly I've just never changed my forums name from the one time I was admin heh
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:58:30 pm by @@Admin Nash »

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 04:50:58 pm »
when its EVERY server it goes from being a server problem with a overall game problem, and by the way the game is played i mean from everything, from how smoth switching targets is to moving forward and backwards, the way we pk, all of it will change

Offline @@Admin Nash

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2010, 04:59:03 pm »
Have you thought it may be because all the servers are the same thing with some different images? As for target switching and others the only things thats changing is the client, server.exe is the same ol server and it's pretty much the same other then the iso graphics

Offline Mystic

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 08:37:43 pm »
Wipes will disappear.
Good

Admins will be closely monitored and all actions logged and reviewed.
Still makes me worried.

Balancing is always an on going project that will be tweaked.
And what would you consider broken exactly? Since right now I think stealth is one of the most broken combat skills in the game.

Anyway, I'm with Gimpy on this one about there needing to be fixes in V2 before we even think of V3.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2010, 08:39:01 pm »
IV only played rpgwo so long becouse of whips, the chance to start new is what keeps me going

Offline Mystic

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »
Wipes get annoying to me due to how much work I put into a character just to have it taken away.

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2010, 08:42:17 pm »
if your the dude from luny then you did it once lol and it tuck you 2 years so you dident put in work you pritty much played once amonth.

Offline Mystic

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »
I hardly touched RPGWO after 2004ish.

Offline Axeman

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 01:22:38 pm »
I agree with Gimphawk on this matter.

Jon, the hell crack are you smoking nowadays?