Author Topic: Core: Portal Storm (Preview)  (Read 4576 times)

Offline theforestauro

Core: Portal Storm (Preview)
« on: July 11, 2009, 06:03:06 pm »
Core: Portal Storm

After its disappearance, I received several requests (repeatedly) by players to bring back Core. After some vying and lobbying, unfortunately, we weren't able to secure a V2 Server but it will return in v1 format with several changes.

The world is under construction right now - we don't plan on opening it until it can accommodate players for longer than a few days, as seems to be the trend of RPGWO servers, but we will offer a few insights as to what we have planned.

What Makes It Unique?

Risk vs Reward Spheres – New Players to will begin in a skippable tutorial which teaches them how to play the game and introduces the new concepts unique to Core. When they enter the world proper, the will find themselves in a world composed of many planes. The first few planes are Safe PK but do not possess high-quality resources such as alchemy plants or powerful monsters. They do, however, provide a safe zone for those without ambition. Outside the starting zones, the planes become progressively better in quality as well as danger, the majority of the world being full PK with Vitae Loss and Item Drop.

Innovative Rebalanced Weapon System – Each weaponskill has several weapon type progressions contained within it, allowing people a variety of tactics without needing to level more than one skill. In addition, it opens up unique PvP options, such as switching from a high-damage weapon to a weapon-AL weapon in between cooldowns to minimize damage taken. In addition, those familiar with Core's weapon system will find it has been dramatically changed with an eye on PvP combat being more engaging.

Active Event-Driven Storyline
– Core is a living world. Rather than static “CTF” games each event will serve to change the progression of Core's story – an outcome determined by the players and their actions. Examples include sieging a town (not just defending it!) or a defense game where tradeskillers build and maintain defenses while fighters hold forces at bay. These events were tested and launched with limited success in the original Core, but have been refined with an eye on maximum fun for all involved, with hundreds of new items, monsters, and scripts created specifically to accommodate them.

Modern and Divine Thematic Mix – The world of Core is a modern world without the typical magic of the medieval servers, but with a distinctly arcane feel to many of its features. The server will utilize heavy religious themes as well as an active karma system backed up by extensive event scripting. In addition, magic will make a debut – first, in the form of Gate Magic, allowing for personal interplanar travel as well as forging gates to dark places and personal hideaways.

(You may now begin flaming, Zodiak)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:03:37 pm by theforestauro »

Offline TheBetterGuy

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 07:05:45 pm »
(You may now begin flaming, Zodiak)

iLuled.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:06:17 pm by TheBetterGuy »

Offline Gimpy

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 07:48:38 pm »
way to waste 1 min on me reading this asshole

Offline Crack Pipe

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:01:24 pm »
i actually like it o_o

Offline Devil

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:30:49 pm »
Sounds kind of interesting. I'll be happy to hear more ideas when they come. Keep up this topic as you add more elements to the game.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline TeringJoden

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 03:14:58 pm »
I'll give it a go, I enjoyed last Core.

Offline Lord Pikachu

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 05:21:09 pm »
definitely enjoyed last core

also: my name D:<

Offline Zodiak

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:23:21 pm »
As I told a few people, Sounds interesting. But all depends if it is in fact actually coded correctly.

I'm not sure how much testing you have done on Magic.  Having your Magics that aren't named "Black, White, Blue, Red", update in the Assess menu under "Magic ATK" will take Hexing, because even though there is a "Purpose=Magic" It for whatever reason was only set up to point to Magic Defense and The Magic Information in the Item.ini. So Going Legit and wanting this to show up correctly (EX: Gate Magic) in the Assess Window will be, rather impossible unless you can somehow keep people using a hexed client and not getting on any other server. If that makes sense.. Only reason I mention this is, cause I only know a select few that actually know this.

Its kinda like the whole PSI thing with the first one, you could only Hex via Server side, and even then you could only do a minimum without throwing errors at the players. PSI was an okay Idea if you could just go Rogue, It gives you full control to change it in the top of the Client, and any errors messages, or any stat window information on it. Instead of just 1 thing being changed to Psi and everyone just pretending from there. I know that might not bug some people, but I just feel as "Legit server" your only capable of so much, and even though there is bounds and some people would like to get out of those, Legit will only make it looked half ass. I'm sure going Legit will probably bring in more players just from the people that do not read the forums, but it also holds you way back.. and I mean WAAYYY back.

Either way, Good luck to ya.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:23:55 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..