Author Topic: Xbox 360 - Project Natal  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:13:04 pm »
This is what happens when Sony tries to show up Microsoft with motion sensing controllers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U...feature=popular

Next, they will be able to do this with a headset, and actually "import" you into the gaming world. Imagine playing oblivion

No motion sensing my ass
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:19:04 pm by Mack the Blacksmith »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Devil

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:28:42 pm »
My god the comments are so tigering negative. If it doesn't have the same problems as the eye toy I will be happy with it. But not all of us can obtain PERFECT tigerING LIGHTING. >.>

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Jon The Great

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:34:03 pm »
Been talking about it for the last couple days it rocks many applications even beyond the xbox just controlling normal items in your environment.

Offline Daegan

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:10:42 am »
It would really open certain aspects of the field of academia if Microsoft actually published its findings in regards to the project. According to a blog by one of the guys that works on it, none of their research has been published, but it's miles ahead in the field of robotic vision. Interesting wolf.

I don't see it as being viable as a gaming platform for the typical gamer (wii didn't get too far) but I think its use in the field of Human-Computer Interaction is a lot more prominent

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CLICK ME
IT is 10% planning and 90% trying to fix everything that didn’t go as planned.

Offline Devil

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:04:59 pm »
Quote from: Daegan
It would really open certain aspects of the field of academia if Microsoft actually published its findings in regards to the project. According to a blog by one of the guys that works on it, none of their research has been published, but it's miles ahead in the field of robotic vision. Interesting wolf.

I don't see it as being viable as a gaming platform for the typical gamer (wii didn't get too far) but I think its use in the field of Human-Computer Interaction is a lot more prominent
/agree

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Mystic

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 07:17:53 am »
Looks pretty neat, though I can't help but think Microsoft is trying to mimic Nintendo. First it was the 360 avatars now motion based gaming.

Pretty much see it being somewhat of a flop due to lack of 3rd party support
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:19:41 am by Mystic »

Offline Rokhan

Xbox 360 - Project Natal
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 04:00:14 pm »
Quote from: Daegan

Only cute little Daegie could logically summise that for us lesser beings.

Hail!

I do agree. It has potential in the gaming world, but it does really open new doors elsewhere as its primary threshold.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠