Author Topic: Ideaz, I haz dem.  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:58:24 am »
I got to thinking...

All servers are pretty much generic now. No special "fling".

Well, how about a server that revolves around clay. 

Here's how it would work. Extremely simple.

players obtain clay by mining, chopping, or many other forms of clay gathering.

Instead of different types of ores. There would be different "classes" of clay. Right now i'm on the number system. Anyway, I'm thinkint you would obtain say, 1 clay per thing you chop/mine (maybe more for chopping since it's a little more time consumin???) Once you gather enough clay, you use say, 5, on a certain machine to produce a "proto clay class #" and with a certain amount of this proto clay, you can use it on a mould make an item, such as a sword, or armor, or tools.  That's the trading part. 

Now for combat/magic.

In this world full of clay, there are strange creatures which produce a strange metal that we call "gold". This is where the money is.  People on this clay world love the shiny stuffz, so they use it as a currency. Players obtain money via killing monsters. And then trade it to trader's for the items they need. Every monster will drop gold, but not ALOT. 

Magix! We are used to the conventional "black white red and blue" magic.  Well, I am thinking "Fire, Water, Air, Earth"  Each has it's own perks. Fire will do a pretty constant amount of damage (meaning close min/max damage) and will do poison as well (to act as being set on fire) Water will do moderate damage, and will freeze the opponent. Air will do infrequent damage (meaning low min and somewhat high max) and Earth will blind the opponent while doing moderate damage. Each magix has a cure against one. Fire cures Ice, Water heals, Air cures Blind, and Earth cures Poison.

Some pretty radical idea's in there.  I would actually host and develop on this idea if I could figure out why when I add content with "client.dat" as password it ends up subscript out of ranging me. (HINT HINT)

Regardless, I will probably develop the ini's because CS:S is getting rather boring and I have nothing better to do. 

Questions, Comments?

Thanks for feedback, ahead of time.

I have made a "development diary" to display how much I have completed, and how long (possibly) it will take.

http://clayrpgwo.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:06:40 am by Mack the Blacksmith »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Axeman

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:07:17 pm »
If you could only be a clay-miner or fighter/mage, then meh.

Otherwise, it'll fail like everythign else because you'd eventually get people to be self-sufficient, which causes no need for trader(s)/miner(s) and the "economy" of the server may plunge further than the US' economy.

Offline Isa

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:11:28 pm »
It reminds me of that last airbender craps, or if you got high and you were feeling all naturalistic while playing RPGWO... lolz i mean I dig the idea of the elemental magic but i duno about digging for clay all the time... sounds messy
~Vitsmouth
Horizon: Vitsmouth
Dementia: Astarael
Rebirth: Vitsmouth

So original I am...
I'm not Revo ~.~

Offline Rokhan

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:55:23 pm »
Sounds like a clayful of epic fail
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »
I believe everyone has misunderstood a little bit.  Everything gives the same raw material. EG: Tree's, fishing, and mining all give the same thing (clay). Then, one with the skill, can form that raw material into something. Traders can not obtain gold easily. And fighters can not obtain clay for themselves to form, unless they have a gathering skill. That makes the traders dependant on fighters for gold, and the fighters on traders for new gear, food, and potions.

I haven't delved into alchemy much, and here's how it would work.

I am thinking there will not be any pots to increase stats. Just healing and stam pots. So that would reduce the need for plants.

Also, if you have not seen the blog, you would have not of heard of the "class" armor, eg: mage, melee, and range.  Each armor is good against one other. Melee has low magic al and high normal al, so it's good against a ranger. Mage has low Normal AL and moderate MAL, but can destroy a melee'er. Rangers have the best MAL and only moderate normal AL.

Kind of like rock paper scissors I quess. Anyway, I hope I cleared it up a little bit, and given you a clearer idea.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 11:37:36 am »
In my opinion (which I know doesn't count on the forums, heh), the only world that will really thrive with veterans would be one with ALL new content. Almost starting from scratch. New images, usage, items, etc. A whole new theme would also be helpful. Like get away from the standard sword and sorcery, fantasy world and try some other types or hybrids. Some ideas I have are stone age and colony times (muskets, sabres). It would be a ton of work which is why I can't do it presently.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:29 am »
Quote from: Mickey Kudlo
In my opinion (which I know doesn't count on the forums, heh), the only world that will really thrive with veterans would be one with ALL new content. Almost starting from scratch. New images, usage, items, etc. A whole new theme would also be helpful. Like get away from the standard sword and sorcery, fantasy world and try some other types or hybrids. Some ideas I have are stone age and colony times (muskets, sabres). It would be a ton of work which is why I can't do it presently.

Hardwork + Mickey =  

heh
#

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:51:46 pm »
lulz, well it seems people generaly don't like this idea... Hmm... Off to the dungeon I go

Mick, if you need an ini slave, call meh. Got about 2 and half months of nothing to do.

Offline chronolink

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:56:29 pm »
Of all stupid ideas, this is the best

Like going to a junkyard to look for a car and finding the best one

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Zodiak

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:20:10 pm »
OMG NEW IDEA YOU COULD TOTALLY LIEK CHANGE THIS DRUNK FACE..

LIEK INTO THIS FACE

SO I TOTALLY GOT BORED..AND IT'LL LOOK LIEK THIS
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 02:20:37 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:44 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
OMG NEW IDEA YOU COULD TOTALLY LIEK CHANGE THIS DRUNK FACE..

LIEK INTO THIS FACE

SO I TOTALLY GOT BORED..AND IT'LL LOOK LIEK THIS

I bet the name you covered up was "Pepin"

COCK!
#

Offline Zodiak

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »
Pepin? Cock?  You mean Pebear?
I'm just here watching..

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 03:37:42 pm »
ooh, So we have a supportar :/

TAKE HIM TO THE GALLOWS!

Anyway, Zod.  That is genius.

Offline Gotenks

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 12:01:40 pm »
i love those smilies i have liemk 90 saves to my comp

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:44 pm »
I just want a cheeseburger
#

Offline Devil

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 07:08:59 pm »
Quote from: Pepin
I just want a cheeseburger
I want a spicy chicken sandwich with bucket on top.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Zacru

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 07:21:50 pm »
does stealing creation ring a bell to anyone?
Never argue with an idiot, because they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote from: Sessumaru
Squares are what makes the world go round.
Quote from: Rokhan
Your stupidity is continually proven.

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:40 am »
It's similar to it I quess.

Offline Gizza

Ideaz, I haz dem.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 03:11:00 am »
That smiley is awesome.