Author Topic: Yphun  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:26:46 pm »
For the ones that aren't lazy and still love rpgwo
-----------------------------------------------

Here is some things I was gonna do on server I was working on, I'm pretty much done with rpgwo at this point with the owner off doing his own little thing. Figured some of you guys can make spin offs from this wolf.

Forced Economy
----------------
Starting Skill Points: 12
Defense Skills - Points 40 - Free Skill (NO SPEC)
All Attacks - Points 6 - Not Free (CAN BE SPEC'D)
All Tradesman Skills - Points 13-15+ - Not Free(CAN NOT BE SPEC'D)
Mana Conversion - Points 0 - Free Skill (No SPEC)

Players will have to roll fighters and work their way into having trade skills, also spreading out skill points like this causes players not to have everything they possibly need at level 50.

Black/White/Red/Blue Magic put into one skill Thaumaturgy. Only attacking skills grant fail and success XP. All heals and buffs do not grant XP. This also causes the normal player with sword to more then likely not have a magic user and a melee user at the same time.
==============================

Skills
-----------
See Below Skill.Ini (Wasn't fully done with it for Yphun, but you can see.)
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
=============================

Economy
---------------
Because of the skills I was set on, I had each skill pretty much needing another skill to help out, the whole point of the idea was to actually have a community or a group of friends playing together instead of a group of friends leeching off one tradesman. Also the idea behind the skill set was also to lower the chances of how the players got to 1000 skills so quickly.

Armor/Weapons were all in NPC in a town up to level 20. This also made more towns usable. Where as right now there is one main city with NPCs with no real use.
==================

Items
------------
Tools - these were gonna have 3 different versions of, the NPC bought set (LOW quality), The Low End GeneralSmith Set (Medium Quality), and The High End GeneralSmith Set (High Quality + Fixable)    Low End (Iron Ore)    High End (Titanium Ore)

Armor - Instead of what now seems to be the standard of Defenses being the deciding factor of what gear you wear, each fighting skill was going to have its own armor. All Melee Users would have Plate(Ore). All Ranged Users would have Leather. All Magic Users would have Cloth.  This quadrupled the size of the normal number of armors but I felt as if this would give it a new feel, also allowed a few more skills to be more useful. Also each set of those armors had a Refined or Reinforced Set, which would make the armor a little bit stronger and would cost 50 to 100 more stats to put on, so scaling out armor was gonna go up pretty high. Also how this was set up it allowed a lot more armor to be put in game. Through (Mining or Killing -ORE-) or (Skinning -LEATHER-) or (Killing -CLOTH-)

Weapons - I wanted for each ore to at least have 2 weapons per skill, along with those 2 weapons, there would be a refined or reinforced set also.

Damonite (AKA Meteorite) - This would be the "Meteor" of the server, instead of the normal based "Go find it and sit on the ore till you can use it" I was planning on using this for a Quanth outcome. The Meteorite had 3 stages, Its hot stage, Its cooling stage, and its cool stage. Hot Stage was sorta like your Quanthsith, Cooling - Quanthsar, Cool - Quanth.
Also these meteorites were only harvested through trade skills. Using various tools to get them, most of the time secretive so one would have to hurry and find out via Trial and Error.

Mining - Most of your ores were rather rare to keep down on mass production of armor and weapons and just ol' "Stuff". Going into mining you would run into stalagmite which will be discussed in a second. (Any of the picks from the tools section will have to be named "Pick" for auto mining)

Prospector - These stalagmites would be filled with different types of jewels, you use your skill to get them out.

MISC - Whole sets of items added onto monsters, anything from rare show off things, to weapons to fill gaps in the required skills. Materials needed to make armor that filled gaps.

Cloth Armor - Cloth armor would be got via Farming for cotton, but to make the armor more defensive and more tough you were able to add patches and sew using ore dipped thread, which is done by a general smith.

Leather Armor - Leather armor would be got via Skinning beasts killed, but to make armor more defensive and more tough you were able to add patches and sew using ore dipped thread, which is done by a general smith.

Potions - Was making 9 Potions for every skill, Small Minor __ Potion to Large Mega __ Potion. Here is a code template. Make sure your Large Mega is hard to make, but give it a big long bonus count or something of that sort.
Code: [Select]
Item=
Name=Small Minor _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=15
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Medium Minor _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=30
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Large Minor _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=60
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Small Major _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=15
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Medium Major _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=30
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Large Major _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=60
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Small Mega _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=25
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Medium Mega _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=50
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Item=
Name=Large Mega _ Potion
Class=Food
Animation0=
Size=Tiny
Burden=75
;FoodLife=#
;FoodStamina=#
;FoodMana=#
;WisdomBonus=#
;StrengthBonus=#
;DexterityBonus=#
;IntelligenceBonus=#
;QuicknessBonus=#
;SkillIDBonus=_
;SkillBonus=#
;BonusCount=#
Stackable

Plants - The alchemy type plants were gonna be able to be planted above ground via normal types of farming, with a possible extra step, and underground, with the usage of potting plants. They would take twice as long to grow and only giving half the normal number of seeds, but giving underground space more usage. Also after harvesting the pots broke, giving more of a big usage to Granite being needed.

Alchemy - With the gain of the skill Glass Making, flasks were made adding another step to the alchemy line of making potions, the ground up _ would be put into the small flask and the alembic would be added to get the potion. This was my idea behind the potion making..
SM = Small Minor
MM = Medium Minor
LM = Large Minor

SMJ = Small Major
MMJ = Medium Major
LMJ = Large Major

SMG = Small Mega
MMG = Medium Mega
LMG = Large Mega

MO = Mana Oil
MS = Mana Stone
----------------------

2x SM = 1x MM
2x MM = 1x LM

1x SM + 1x MO = 1x SMJ
1x MM + 5x MO = 1x MMJ
1x LM + 10x MO = 1x LMJ

2x SMJ = 1x MMJ
2x MMJ = 1x LMJ

1x SMJ + 2x MS = 1x SMG
1x MMJ + 10x MS = 1x MMG
1x LMJ + 15x MS = 1x LMG

2x SMG = 1x MMG
2x MMG = 1x LMG

Fishing - be about the same but there is a small change to get boots, treasure, etc..

Cooking - Was flip flop on it, wanted to get rid of it to open up more npcs after level 15-20, cause you NEED food, plus people will already be busy with other skills, but add it if you want.

Housing - Wanted to set the cost of /landclaim to 50,000 gold, and set up 2 sectors+ of premade 2 plot housing to buy for 7500+ gold, houses would be made out of something that were note take down able and would be fenced in on the back side, thought it would look nice if everyone decided to buy one, and if someone was rich enough to buy a land off to the side it would look more special.
================================

All I can think of right now. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:30:59 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Yphun
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:37:02 pm »
I really like...

um...

All of it....

But I'm too lazy to write a proper reply.....

or do anything...
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:08:33 pm »
Its okay. Someone will eventually pick it up and do it.

Side Note Guys. To change the magic correctly, --Last I knew-- You have to Hex Edit Black Magic to Thaumaturgy, I know in 1.06 that purpose=magic didn't work correctly by making it show up on magic atk when assessing, I'm pretty sure on 1.15 it doesn't either.

Also I made a post ages ago about hexing Missle to Ranged to make it looked better, do that to.

Also guys you are able to hex about any text on the server and client exes, everything from Mana to Life, try to change up the things from Life to Brio or something of that sort. Makes it look a little newer. Just make sure how many letters are in the word your looking to change has to match with the word your making it so...
LIFE = 4
BRIO = 4
SUCCESS

STAMINA = 7
ENERGY = 6
FAIL

Spaces do count as characters though, so Energy-space-  would work.
(-Space- being the space, just more notable that way)

Even though I do support Rpgwo or have supported, I do have to say that Rogues seem to have a lot more possibility as far as what you can do then on the Real List. Remember Hexing is your friend

Might be broken. I quit mid way, but if you are going to use them, that is not my problem.
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
Mana Potions need to have FoodStamina= changed to FoodMana=  tigered up, not sure what i was doing.
Also Plants need to be renamed to fit the images which are not done also. *Holds your hand while you fix stuff*

Yell if you have any questions on hexing or coding.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:11:44 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Devil

Yphun
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 11:15:01 pm »
If you're really giving up, this is like 1/16 of your ideas. If you lay them all out I will work on it over the summer (seeing as school keeps me nice and busy.) Get typing boy! <3

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline The Muffin Man

Yphun
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:53:58 pm »
tl;dr

Offline Devil

Yphun
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:10:48 am »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
tl;dr
It's a good read, lazy ass.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
Yphun
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 01:26:08 am »
I read most of it,

Zodiak has posted some great ideas imo. They are all fresh and actually could bring back some fun in RPGWO. Really looking forward to seeing someone do something with this stuff.
#

Offline Mystic

Yphun
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 03:45:40 am »
I'll have to read this tomorrow

Offline The Muffin Man

Yphun
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 07:47:39 am »
------ tiger yo reading

Every idea anyone has nowadays is just a rehash of the same old wolf that's been discussed for years and is never going to happen anyways.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:48:21 am by The Muffin Man »

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Yphun
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:40:05 am »
I think the only new type of world that may succeed would be a whole new theme like stone age or western or fronteir era or future.
That's what I think else anything fantasy based IS just a rehash. I always wanted to make a stone age world but it tons of work to redo EVERYTHING!
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 12:49:27 am »
Yes! My Grunting is at 40!

Western would be a more older version of modern. Maybe could be a "Arena" type world, something more short lived.

Stone age, i just don't know what you could do with it, to have enough stuff there, considering the items and skills.

Side note Idea: Zombie Apocalypse. No Defenses, 2 Skills Melee and Ranged. 2 Starter weapons, resets each time all the zombies in world are killed. Zombies are set to attack town. No real reason for trade skills, set for 1 or 2 lives per character, point of the server is getting as high as possible without dying, considering you'll have to start over, hide a special weapon in each town when its remade so there is more of an objective then just killing things, or let the zombies drop stuff that you can trade at a base camp for supplies.. Something of the sort, I'll go more in depth if someone wants to hear it all.

Prank Server: Pacman Server... all i gotta say.. lol
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:55:59 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Yphun
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 12:13:46 pm »
Building on The apoc idea...

a 1sector city with the outer 25 on each side being outskirts.

several different types of zombies

should have trade skills, but they aren't as good as fighting. EG: crafting (to make barricades/other crap)

hidden random weapon

zombies reproduce.  Would be secksi

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 03:38:16 pm »
Was gonna do a 2x2 sector, town in the middle, zombies everywhere, hidden weapons, guess could do the trade skill of barricading and/or repairing the weapons you find. The wiping of the server was gonna be more of maybe the first time 2x2 sector with 2000+ zombies, and when they are all clear, map clears and the town might be in the top left sector, and 2500 zombies or something, but characters would stay the same.

And yes planned on different type of zombies, all planned to be melee, some slow moving, some fast moving, some more hp, some not. So on and so forth.
I'm just here watching..

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

Yphun
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 07:16:36 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
Was gonna do a 2x2 sector, town in the middle, zombies everywhere, hidden weapons, guess could do the trade skill of barricading and/or repairing the weapons you find. The wiping of the server was gonna be more of maybe the first time 2x2 sector with 2000+ zombies, and when they are all clear, map clears and the town might be in the top left sector, and 2500 zombies or something, but characters would stay the same.

And yes planned on different type of zombies, all planned to be melee, some slow moving, some fast moving, some more hp, some not. So on and so forth.

Needs a twist...maybe have an alchemy type skill with a more modern name so you can "experiment" with like stim packs or something.
#

Offline Mickey Kudlo

Yphun
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 11:22:45 pm »
I think I have some notes some where on a stone age world. I'll post them if I find them.

Hmm, I could hand over Mission:Apocalypse. It is about 90% done. Just needs some buildings completed. Maybe I'll get that back up and let Zodiak finish it and ruin it, err, run it.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

Yphun
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 11:23:32 pm »
Quote from: Mickey Kudlo
I think I have some notes some where on a stone age world. I'll post them if I find them.

Hmm, I could hand over Mission:Apocalypse. It is about 90% done. Just needs some buildings completed. Maybe I'll get that back up and let Zodiak finish it and ruin it, err, run it.

I chuckled...I was just thinking why not have a steam punk world?  Steam punk is def the coolest thing to ever be thought of kthx. <3
#

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 11:25:09 pm »
Quote from: Mickey Kudlo

By ruin it you mean rape face right?
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Yphun
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 05:53:22 am »
We need daisy dukes cloths Zodiak.  Be sure to add em.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Devil

Yphun
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:51 am »
NICE LEGS DAISY DUKES MAKES A MAN GO...

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Offline Zodiak

Yphun
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:55:57 pm »
And for the record mickey, If you want me to do something like that, you know where to get a hold of me.
I'm just here watching..