Author Topic: LOTR Online  (Read 8058 times)

Offline Rokhan

LOTR Online
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 09:27:27 am »
That sucks, Muffin tell me what server you pick so I can go thar when I try
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 11:06:28 pm »
alken something lol

imma dorf

Ankelmar I think it was, and I'm really liking this game so far. If my Zune sells, I'm definately buying the collectors edition.

Offline xBN

LOTR Online
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 09:37:32 am »
so ye, Codemasters!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:38:22 am by xBN »
xWn - Kirin 2 - lvl 34 Sword
Zaros - Kirin 3 - lvl 31 Staff
Zaros - Alysum - lvl 42 Black Mage

Offline Trivium

LOTR Online
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »
Yes my son, dwarves are the way forward.
What you think of the game?

Offline Crack Pipe

LOTR Online
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 12:14:12 pm »
i'll try it out

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 06:04:16 pm »
Dwarves are the only way to go.

These vague quests are pissing me off also. But I still like the game, it's interesting.

Offline Trivium

LOTR Online
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 11:30:41 am »
The quests get easier to follow when you get to like level 12ish

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 11:51:43 am »
I like the game, but I decided not to buy it - as of right now. These quests are overdone, and too much time required to do them. I don't mind too much when they say "go here" and it takes me a minute, but giving me a quest that requires me to collect wolf from each corner of the map is bullwolf, and there are way to many of them. Takes way too long to get anything done. I got really of tired of collecting quests, then taking over an hour to run around the map completing them, and getting a quarter of the level. It doesn't take overly long to level, but seeing as it took around 6 hours just to get to level 8 - seriously? 5 of those hours were spent running. I actually do sort of like the game, and probably wouldn't mind it if it didn't take so long to do things. I might buy it sometime, just not anytime soon I don't believe. Mainly because I still liked it more than most other MMOs I've played. I'll definately buy it as soon as I hear they improved the quests - as in added map trackers, that way you don't spend forever searching for what the tiger to do. A "cave to the east" doesn't work very well, especially when it's on the bottom of the tigering map, not just to the east.

The interface is horribad as well, I tried to customize it but it just doesn't work that well.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:53:32 am by The Muffin Man »

Offline Rokhan

LOTR Online
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 09:45:54 pm »
Checked it out at buddies the weekend.

Like Muffin said, way too much running around. Thats a major flaw, I dont mind grinding quests with different parts to it or collecting ones but when you have that much travel time. Gets too out of hand

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:08 am »
I've got work this friday, and am considering getting the collectors edition since its only 60 bucks and has a free month with it... heard a lot of people are getting into it as of late, and I like how it only has 60 levels. The less levels I have to work through, the happier I am. I'd play guild wars again, but I just can't muster up the will to click the icon. I love the game, but it's just not the same without my old guild and all the buddies I used to play with. Sucks that they all quit and the guild went down with it, and one of my best buddies there just up and left - I think he got shipped to Iraq. Haven't seen him since Factions came out.

But yeah, someone else that can hit up US servers should join with me IF I do decide to get it. Gonna hit up Brandywine, since it's the most populated server and later-game questing involves groups.

Offline Rokhan

LOTR Online
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 07:22:32 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
I've got work this friday, and am considering getting the collectors edition since its only 60 bucks and has a free month with it... heard a lot of people are getting into it as of late, and I like how it only has 60 levels. The less levels I have to work through, the happier I am. I'd play guild wars again, but I just can't muster up the will to click the icon. I love the game, but it's just not the same without my old guild and all the buddies I used to play with. Sucks that they all quit and the guild went down with it, and one of my best buddies there just up and left - I think he got shipped to Iraq. Haven't seen him since Factions came out.

But yeah, someone else that can hit up US servers should join with me IF I do decide to get it. Gonna hit up Brandywine, since it's the most populated server and later-game questing involves groups.
Dunno if anyone else notices it, but theres a fair number of people that play MMO's such as WoW and LOTR that are military dispatchees. For instance, my guild leader is a Navy Lieutenant. Seems kinda frequent now, some of them live the soldiers life of war and games basically lol.

Decided not to go with this game after, Ive made a tempermental vow to NOT play Pay2Play games again for a while seeing as I have a good 3-4 console games keeping me occupied.

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »
Quote from: Rokhan
Dunno if anyone else notices it, but theres a fair number of people that play MMO's such as WoW and LOTR that are military dispatchees. For instance, my guild leader is a Navy Lieutenant. Seems kinda frequent now, some of them live the soldiers life of war and games basically lol.

Decided not to go with this game after, Ive made a tempermental vow to NOT play Pay2Play games again for a while seeing as I have a good 3-4 console games keeping me occupied.

Yeah, I tried getting a friend to play some games with me but he wouldn't because "he has plenty of console games to keep him busy for a long time" -.-

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 09:35:55 pm »
Got my LOTRO Collectors Edition today, and man, this game seems so much better than when I first played it. They increased XP gain, made leveling mobs easier, etc. Let's you get right in the action and stay in it, rather than sitting around waiting for crap to regen forever. The Destiny system is awesome too

The game has a lot of seemingly complex stuff in it. Everything in the game seems to focus around the lore, and I mean EVERYTHING. I love it, I feel accomplished when I do stuff whereas in WoW you're just like "Meh, ok, next achievement *GRIND GRIND GRIND*". Crafting seems to be really complex so I haven't been able to toy around with it yet. I'm on Arkenstone for anyone that wants to know.

And yes, I do have everything set on very low. Don't care about looks, I prefer how much fun I'm having with the gameplay/story. The games screenshot formatting is craptacular as well.

Offline Trivium

LOTR Online
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 06:08:28 am »
Yeah its a good game, I got to level 37ish and there didn't seem to be an area for that level, so I didn't resubscribe; may do in the future.
Crafting system is fantastic, and it is a very interesting game.

Currently playing Warhammer online, I love the PvP focus; if you get bored of PvE you can click a button and within 5 minutes you're in a scenario
Also the Open RvR (realm vs realm) is awesome, both fun and a GREAT way to get EXP and Renown as well as awesome loot.
Only 40 levels right now, relatively new game.

Offline Rokhan

LOTR Online
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 07:37:12 pm »
Muffin, for "low" settings, those are pretty amazing environments and I like how in contrast to WoW it has a realistic look as opposed to a more simulated/artistic/animated look. WoW graphics are beautiful but not in that sort of realism. If I get bored of consoles I make pick that up as a time-kill and try it out.

So whats difference in Collectors Edition and normal Version?

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 11:53:24 am »
Quote from: Rokhan
Muffin, for "low" settings, those are pretty amazing environments and I like how in contrast to WoW it has a realistic look as opposed to a more simulated/artistic/animated look. WoW graphics are beautiful but not in that sort of realism. If I get bored of consoles I make pick that up as a time-kill and try it out.

So whats difference in Collectors Edition and normal Version?

Normal version you have to buy both the normal game and expansion, I don't think they've packaged both together yet. They just come with the game, but the collector's edition is 60 bucks at Gamestop right now and comes with:

# Unique premium book packaging
# 3 in-game item tokens that can be used to pick from 8 different in-game items
# 22” x 22” premium quality cloth map of the Mines of Moria
# Special gold-plated replica of The One Ring complete with chain and pouch
# Mines of Moria poster
# Middle-earth map
# The Lord of the Rings Online Art and Music Collection with the official Mines of Moria Soundtrack
# Full color Collector’s Edition Starter Guide
# Online Community Badge for LOTRO forums
# Includes the 2007 PC MMO Game of the Year, Shadows of Angmar, all content updates, plus the Mines of Moria expansion.
# 30 Days Free Game Time
# Quick Reference Card
# Product Key Card
# 14–day free Buddy Key Cards (3 Keys)
# Starter guide
# Manual (pdf)
# Entry into the $25,000 The Treasures of Moria Instant Win and Sweepstakes

It's mostly for a fanboy, or collector (hence the name of the edition, pfuh), but it comes with a free month as well so that's the best reason to buy it. 2 posters + cloth poster, ring on a gold chain + bag, and the free month is the main reason i got it. The in-game items aren't all that great, sort of lame actually. There are 4 items out of the 8 that you WILL want, but you can only get 3. 2 are items you can use, one being of uncommon rarity, the other being a rare purple. The other 2 are simply vanity items for a player owned house. The other 4 are these ridiculously stupid potions, of which you only get 5 of, that just increase defense against, say, fire.. wind... etc. I chose the purple item and the 2 vanity item, because the uncommon item only gave like +3 radiance for 15m and had a cooldown of like 4 hours.. seemed stupid. And I don't know what radiance is.

I tried out minstrel last night for fun, and I liked it a lot. The patch they just did that made less xp required to level and nerfed a lot of the monsters so that the content is actually soloable is great. I zoomed through the beginning instance in around an hour, and was level 8 when I exited. The only problem I can think of it that I disliked, was it reminded me EXACTLY of Guild Wars Prophecies beginning place. Storlyline unfolds the same, you do all these pretty quests everywhere and when you end it some invading force runs through and demolishes the town, and you skip forward to the future a bit after you beat it and you are in the ruins of said town.. but yeah, it was cool still.

The weirdest thing I've found of all is the members that visit the forums... most classes ask for buffs in most games, but the people there are ALWAYS constantly asking for nerfs to the class they play. Makes no sense, it's like "Ok, I'm max level, nerf the tiger out of it so new people have a harder time". Sometimes they even ask for raiding nerfs, and I just don't get it. I've heard the endgame content isn't easy, so why nerf? A lot of classes have been getting buffs recently so that they CAN participate correctly in raids and leveling, so I don't really get it.

Anyways, gonna go try rune-keeper now. You can switch in between DPS and Healing between battles with it and it sounds neat so I'm gonna give it a go.

Offline Rokhan

LOTR Online
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 02:34:58 pm »
Well that sounds cool, Ima go read up on it abit, ya know, background bull lol.

If I do get, Ill prolly get the Collectors thing seeing as it comes with a month and expansions. Gotta love the bundle deals

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 05:30:42 pm »
Bundle deals or nothing, 'tis what I say. Game is down right now though, having some server problems or something stupid :/

Offline The Muffin Man

LOTR Online
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 09:18:38 am »
And yeah, I wish I could max settings on the game.

I'm not sure if that IS max, but it still looks great.

Offline Trivium

LOTR Online
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:17 am »
Check my screenshots earlier in the post.
Max settings and AA/AF enabled.