Author Topic: Kacarus  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Zodiak

Kacarus
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:34:47 pm »
Ok, guys let me say first that I haven't had the best track record with a lot of you, with wolf I've done to mickey, the game and the players. I would first like to apologize for the wrong doings. With that said I believe I've kinda came up with a true veteran server idea, that will keep players busy, for a while. Depending on the version of skills I decide to use this server could be mildly hard to just plain out hard.

Below will be the general concept / Skill list I will be possibly using.

The server is named Kacarus (Don't ask me where it's from - Random name I came up with)

Skill Points will be set up as follows.

Starter Skill Points: 6
Each Fighter Skill - Skill Points Needed: 6
Each Trade Skills - Skill Points Needed: 10-20+
Each “Other” Trade Skills - Skill Points Needed: 5-10+
Each “Other” Skill - Skill Points Needed: Varied

I know your looking at that and going "Wait Zodiak that means nothing has the ability to be spec'd, why?"

-Well the answer to that is simple, to make it just a little harder.

Some of the magic users will be saying "Wait Zodiak, theres 4 magics Black,White,Red,Blue"

-Heres the answer to that.. Black Magic/White Magic/Blue Magic/Red Magic will all be put into one skill pool, in which only your attacking spell will grant magic experience, any healing or buffing you do will not grant any experience towards your Magic skill. This will hopefully will actually keep the usage of Magic along with keep from a big group of people having White/Red Magic for personal use. Depending on how I go with it, possibly might still be a “Blue” magic set up for enhancements and such. With that said, I might have to work it out that Red Magic not be in the "Magic" pool either at all or be able to make it available to anyone for so many skill points.

Lets look further into skills.

Starter Skills
--------------------
  • Melee Defense
  • Ranged Defense
  • Magic Defense
  • Scan
  • Swim
  • Run
  • Assess
---------------------

Now the next part theres several things I could do for fighter abilities..

Fighter Skills (Version 1) - Normal Version
------------------------------------------------
  • Mace
  • Staff
  • Spear
  • Sword
  • Flail
  • Bow
  • Crossbow
  • Throwing
  • Unarmed Attack
  • Dagger
  • Axe
  • Scythe
  • Magic (Major Combination of Black/White/Blue/Red)

Fighter Skills (Version 2) - More "Hard" Version
  • One Hand Mace
  • Two Hand Mace
  • Staff
  • One Hand Spear
  • Two Hand Spear
  • One Hand Sword
  • Two Hand Sword
  • One Hand Flail
  • Two Hand Flail
  • Bow
  • Crossbow
  • Throwing
  • Unarmed Attack (Fist usage - Knuckles Possibly)
  • Dagger
  • One Hand Axe
  • Two Hand Axe
  • One Hand Scythe
  • Two Hand Scythe
  • Claws
  • One Hand Hammer
  • Two Hand Hammer
  • Whip

Fighter Skills (Version 3) - Simple Version
  • Melee (Any use of a Melee Weapon)
  • Ranged (Any use of a Ranged Weapon)

Fighter Skills (Version 4) - More Bunched Version
  • Blunt (Use of Mace/Hammer -Possibly Flail - Etc)
  • Blade (Use of Sword/Axe Etc)
  • Ranged? (Use of Bow/Crossbow Etc)
  • Close Combat (Use of Dagger/Claw Etc)
  • Unarmed Attack (Use of First -Possibly Knuckle Weapons)
  • Polearm (Use of Staff/Spear Etc)

Now to go into the trade skill system.
To give you a small concept what I'm planning, I'll give a short concept Idea on 2 skills; Mining,Smithing.

Mining Concept
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS WILL VARY WITH VERSION
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mining concept of this server is very different of ones you have played before, instead of a single ore out of each mine you get you will get different types of dirt, one of my trade skill versions I have a skill called Prospecting, this will be used to find little bits of ore in each pile of dirt, I’m hoping to turn it where there is a possibility of not getting any ore from it at all, but the concept is that it will take a few bits to make enough of the ore to actually make something out of it. There by making a lot more depending on each other and on more skills then a normal two.

Smithing Concept
The Smithing concept on the “Version 2” is to spread out trade skills even more by making players decide if they would like to make armor or weapons, the only problem with that is the fact that neither of those would be able to make tools, that could be changed with a general crafting skill, or possibly just a general tool store, but I would like to possibly open more of a economy, I would have to mess with tool durability so people don’t break their tools 1 hour after getting them. But in the end, their will probably be a tool store - Tool store would sell your less durable tools then what a player would make.

I will now list the versions of trade skills that might be used.

Trade Skills (Version 1) - Normal Version
--------------------------------------------
  • Blacksmithing
  • Alchemy
  • Farming
  • Mining
  • Masonry
  • Carpentry
  • Tailor
  • Fletching

Trade Skills (Version 2) - More In-depth Version
  • Armor Crafting
  • Weapon Crafting
  • General Crafting (Tools and Such)
  • Alchemy
  • Farming
  • Mining
  • Prospecting
  • Masonry
  • Carpentry
  • Tailor
  • Bowyer
  • Fletching
  • POSSIBLE: Jewel crafting / Skinning / Leather Working

“Other” Trade Skills - Normal
--------------------------------
  • Fishing
  • Cooking
--------------------------------

And the left over skills that will be used, just haven't decided what to do with quite yet...

“Other” Skills - Normal
--------------------------
  • Stealth
  • First Aid
  • Read Ancient
  • Deception
  • Trap
  • Tame
--------------------------

I have possibly left something out, tell me if I have looked over anything.

With closure I'll give a more broad concept of the server..

My hope with changing how this all works is to make an environment where players will really have to work together, with the fighting system and all of this, I personally hope the server stays up after a year with no need of a wipe, Not a guarantee but the hopes of all this balanced into one this is that the leveling won’t shoot up to 1000 skills after month of play, this I believe is a true veteran server depending on which way I go with, with the different type of game play, a player will have to adapt to the new set up.

Also the house situation will change, Depending how the perks are handled each person will be allowed 1 land (That’s the plan atleast, might be two..) - This land is picked by the player, out of a sector full of pre-made houses, The houses are 10x10, possibly pre-mined 10x10 area for lower area. This house will hold anything you desire, Boxes full of loot, just a place to sit around while your AFK or just to show off your items you have gotten - I believe I will not make the world “Stealing Enabled” because how I’m handling housing, also there will possibly be smaller houses and bigger houses, price will be different depending on size.

As far as PK Enabled, I personally have no problem with it, though some do, but with it being a “Veteran” style server I believe for the sake of it not being "TOO EASY" ill keep the PK enabled, Housing areas will be your safe havens, all of them will be NoN-PK areas, So will major towns, besides that, its completely open to PK.

I believe this server in a whole, depending on version, will test a lot of peoples ability to level without someone being able to have a whole lot of bonus from potions and bonuses from jewelry, don’t get me wrong there will be jewelry and potions in game, but not as easily obtained as on most servers or at least how they use to be.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Any ideas? Suggestions? That you don't want to post and rather email.
Zodiak_l33t@hotmail.com

I'm just here watching..

Offline The Muffin Man

Kacarus
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:13:25 am »
Tl;DR

Just read the first point because it's 1 in the morning, and I'd say I'd have to disagree if the rest of your post is anything like it. This game needs a FUN factor, not a "let's see how much we can grind" factor.

Offline Zodiak

Kacarus
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:08 am »
Well heres the reasoning Why I was gonna do a "Harder" Server, for one now people seem to get bored easier, now If its "Fun" what people want, that alone would be very easily done, I personally just want some input as far if people would enjoy a hard/challenging server or one they will just have fun on. Just kind putting ideas out there.
I'm just here watching..

Offline magem

Kacarus
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 12:27:37 pm »
If I wanted a challenge I would play the real servers, the only reason private server exist is to let other people play that can't p2p and it sets everything at a faster pace. Since RPGWO isn't p2p, your only option is to make it a fun server. GL!

... PS you totaly coppied wow... W.O.W CLONE!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:31:34 pm by magem »
hahaha

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Kacarus
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 02:45:18 pm »
I would play it. The only good current server is Core.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Zodiak

Kacarus
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »
@Magem - Clearly you haven't been around to notice that "Rouges" or whatever don't really exist anymore, if they are truly good enough they get onto the real server list you fruit.
As far as "Copying off WoW" the fact the words "Leather Working" and "Skinning" is in that game doesnt mean they developed it, tard.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:24:45 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Rokhan

Kacarus
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 06:43:25 pm »
Ima pull a old page out of a historic book and leave a "Reserved!"
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline The Muffin Man

Kacarus
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 08:17:50 pm »
This game could actually use some WoW aspects.

People bash WoW all the time, but the millions of people prove them wrong, obviously.

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Kacarus
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:26:22 pm »
Will it consist of quests taking multiple people to complete?

Will players fill roles such as "healing" and "DPS"?

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline magem

Kacarus
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 12:50:10 pm »
The wow clone was a joke, clearly you did not get it. All Im saying is that rogue servers that are too hard to level in are the ones that go down the quickest.
hahaha

Offline Auron

Kacarus
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »
wow yeah thats EXACTLY what this game needs, another server.  Congrats im sure glad someone figured out the secret to reviving this game.

Kacarus
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 08:52:33 pm »
Auron STILL rhymes with Moron.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Kacarus
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 07:15:20 pm »
Does the game need more servers? Hell no, but the fact is, the ones there already will fall at one point and another will have to stand in its place, otherwise the playerbase will finally say tiger it and move along, I would much rather spread the player base thin then lose it all together.

Magem, don't quit your day job.

Eh, I think I've proven to myself though the game doesn't seem to need something that will last though, Maybe I shall lean to the "Fun Server" type, 1.5 xp factor, let people get higher then they generally would. Though I believe people would get bored of that rather quickly. Who knows...
I'm just here watching..

Offline magem

Kacarus
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 09:11:52 pm »
Good luck with your wolfty rogue.
hahaha

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Kacarus
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 03:08:33 pm »
I don't care what anyone thinks, easy servers are tigering boring.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline The Muffin Man

Kacarus
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »
Quote from: Kaios
I don't care what anyone thinks, all servers are tigering boring.

inorite

Kacarus
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 06:15:10 pm »
Well...

How about this server takes the place of Pyra (kinda) and be a *TRUE* Vet server since it is actually harder?

Offline Rokhan

Kacarus
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:24 pm »
What you want is something fun and challenging.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Kacarus
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 06:30:05 pm »
Which was stated in the first post of this thread.

Offline magem

Kacarus
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:49 am »
I tend to ruin new servers by creating alliances and deleting everything they own the next day and /bitchadd'ing everyone
hahaha