Author Topic: Debriefing.  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Lord Darkness

Debriefing.
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 03:29:29 pm »
What Server were you using? What core? what Processor speed? Ram? connection speed?
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline The Muffin Man

Debriefing.
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 11:07:20 am »
I remember when I logged on luny with a name I made up out of 2 different words, an admin said to remake and change it or be banned because "it was the name of a game" that he couldnt prove even existed. I told ghost and he laughed and the admin banned me

Offline Axeman

Debriefing.
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 07:18:11 pm »
Holy buckets, it's Ghost!  By far, the most underrated admin ever.  

Odd with Rha.  Last I knew, she died of cancer.  Goes to show rumors are powerful

Nice to see you're still doing good, without Rha, you're likely doing fantastic.  Be nice to have you back, I think you could have helped Horizon out a lot when it first came out.  Mickey was Mickey and didn't quite hold up on the quest part of the game.

V2 is just basically a larger interface to take up the whole screen (atleast the client itself, not really the interface).  Multiple stackable items on one tile square, you can go 3 deep mining instead of just above/below ground now.  Those are basically it.

Offline Lord Darkness

Debriefing.
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 08:41:43 pm »
mine 5 levels on dementia i think axe, dont think there is an actual limit, i think the server enforces it, if ya know what i mean

Offline Pirate Wings

Debriefing.
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:04 am »
I remember back when I didn't know the proper way to get perks activated because I wasn't used to how strict Luny was and thats how I got it activated on other servers and made a post asking an admin to activate them and then got told my posting privelages have been removed.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Ghost

Debriefing.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 02:29:36 pm »
Quote from: Lord Darkness
What Server were you using? What core? what Processor speed? Ram? connection speed?
If I remember correctly it was an AMD XP 2800+ single core, with 1 ro 2 gig of ram on a 10Mbit ethernet. The nice part was you got the full 10Mbit both up and down unlike typical cable ISP.
Quote from: The Muffin Man
I remember when I logged on luny with a name I made up out of 2 different words, an admin said to remake and change it or be banned because "it was the name of a game" that he couldnt prove even existed. I told ghost and he laughed and the admin banned me
Yeah Lunatik was supposed to be all role play etc etc. So we were trying to enforce that style for that server. It's not something I'd do again. Lets just play. Those that wish to role play can and those that don't, don't have to. Freedom!!!
Quote from: Axeman
Holy buckets, it's Ghost!  By far, the most underrated admin ever.  

Odd with Rha.  Last I knew, she died of cancer.  Goes to show rumors are powerful

Nice to see you're still doing good, without Rha, you're likely doing fantastic.  Be nice to have you back, I think you could have helped Horizon out a lot when it first came out.  Mickey was Mickey and didn't quite hold up on the quest part of the game.

V2 is just basically a larger interface to take up the whole screen (atleast the client itself, not really the interface).  Multiple stackable items on one tile square, you can go 3 deep mining instead of just above/below ground now.  Those are basically it.
Thank you. Very kind.

Interesting game changes. Thanks for the info. Could make for some interesting multi floor houses.
Quote from: Pirate Wings
I remember back when I didn't know the proper way to get perks activated because I wasn't used to how strict Luny was and thats how I got it activated on other servers and made a post asking an admin to activate them and then got told my posting privelages have been removed.
Yeah, I have no clue on the forum situation back in that day and age. I only worked the server not the forums. I remeber Rha would request posts be locked or deleted or various things on the forums but she didn't have direct control I don't think.

Offline Rokhan

Debriefing.
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 02:30:42 pm »
Quote from: Ghost
Actually this is a falsehood.

Rhaorth divorced me, and remarried some guy in Arizona within 3 months of the divorce. He has two kids, so she married into having a family that she can't have herself.

She was looking to hook up with UT until he came out and visited us.

I left RPGWO, played a little Second Life. Quit that when the divorce happened. Was DJ'ing Internet Radio for the Metal Genre. Dated a lady for about a year, broke up with her and started dating my current wife whom I absolutely adore.

So now I'm happily married, just moved into a new apartment, adopted a kitten from the SPCA.

I got to thinking about my work with RPGWO and wondered if there were still players after 8 years of it being open. And with Consoles being the main gaming platform and the PC platform declining significantly.

Do people not like RPGWO anymore? Or is it more to do with the movement away from PC gaming?

Are there many updates still?

Is UT still playing currently or is he in a Off mode at the moment?

I recognize a couple of names here and there. Here is a shout out to yall.
Seeing as I played under a different alias in the Lunatik days, you may not remember me personally but I have some depictions of you. I know I asked like 5 different admins how to work mail system on Luny and you were only one to tell me how simple it was.

Glad to hear you and Rha went seperate ways and you have found a new wife.

RPGwo is as said, updated but dying. PC gaming is controlled by Blizzard Entertainment for the majority, RPGwo playerbase is basically moved on or still here on these now dying as well forums.

On your cat, it better be damn cute!
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Ghost

Debriefing.
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 04:16:59 pm »
Quote from: Rokhan
Seeing as I played under a different alias in the Lunatik days, you may not remember me personally but I have some depictions of you. I know I asked like 5 different admins how to work mail system on Luny and you were only one to tell me how simple it was.

Glad to hear you and Rha went seperate ways and you have found a new wife.

RPGwo is as said, updated but dying. PC gaming is controlled by Blizzard Entertainment for the majority, RPGwo playerbase is basically moved on or still here on these now dying as well forums.

On your cat, it better be damn cute!
She's really cute. Sometimes ornery, but just adorable. All black with a little white tuft on her tummy. Medium hair. She's going to be 1 year old in a month or so.

Offline Lord Darkness

Debriefing.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 05:43:15 pm »
im sure you could get that Server spec for less than $150 was it you were paying?

I had a Quad Core 2.6Ghz i think it is 4Gb RAM, 100Mb/s Connection for £150 a month which is what? Around $300?

Offline Jon The Great

Debriefing.
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:24 pm »
http://www.serverbeach.com/servers/index.php?category=1
That's what I use when I first started with my servers
Refferal Code: EQSGDEG66H  used to save $100 after 3 months.

Offline Rokhan

Debriefing.
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »
im sure you could get that Server spec for less than $150 was it you were paying?

I had a Quad Core 2.6Ghz i think it is 4Gb RAM, 100Mb/s Connection for £150 a month which is what? Around $300?
I wanted a quad core but my parents didnt have a clue what it was lol, I settle on a dual.

Post pics Ghost =) hehe
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Jon The Great

Debriefing.
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 10:12:13 pm »
I got quad on my pc at home. All 8 of my servers are guards too heh.

Offline Gizza

Debriefing.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 10:46:00 pm »
I really didn't mind you when I use to play Lunatik under name Wignian. Although I can't really remember, I knew you weren't that bad.

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Debriefing.
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 11:51:13 am »
mine 5 levels on dementia i think axe, dont think there is an actual limit, i think the server enforces it, if ya know what i mean

There is no limit.  When Mick first tested the "off-maps" (the ones that were used for dungeons) they really just were 100 levels below ground.  Each new "off-map" would be 1 level below it.

I ran a server on my 2.8GHZ 192MB machine... Not laggy on local connection.  Just need a good connection if your going to have 5+ players
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:59:06 am by Mack the Blacksmith »

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Brendan

Debriefing.
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 09:32:02 am »
I might be able to hook you up with some hosting for around $20 usd/mo if your interested. PM me.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Debriefing.
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 05:46:24 pm »
STOP TURNING EVERY TOPIC INTO A LITTLE CHAT ABOUT COMPUTERS GOD DAMNIT!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:46:41 pm by Kaios »
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline The Muffin Man

Debriefing.
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2009, 09:49:35 pm »
Kirin ran almost perfectly on a generic store bought computer with cable, and 30+ players on at a time.

I really see no need to pay $130 bucks a month for a silly server.

Offline Jon The Great

Debriefing.
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 10:05:09 pm »
The only thing you really need a server for is the connection. If I could I would host all my wolf at my house and save a wolf load.

Offline Ghost

Debriefing.
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 11:41:44 pm »
Quote from: @@@Admin Jon
The only thing you really need a server for is the connection. If I could I would host all my wolf at my house and save a wolf load.
Yeah, the machine CPU speed and RAM only helps in the Save bit. The biggest thing is a nice fat pipe (big upload). Most cable providers don't provide enough upload bandwidth to be really suitable. I figure you might be okay if you could get say 3 megabit upload. You could probably handle 50-75 people without issues. I don't remember what the maximum bandwidth each player sucks up. Shoot if you had a dual core machine and got a 5 megabit upload bandwidth cable, you could run a server on the second core and never even notice while you surfed, emailed etc etc on your main core.

It wasn't the machine specs as much as the nice fat pipeline with full symmetrical bandwidth on the server machine. That's what we we're paying 120 a month for back then. You also have to remember that was before dual core let alone quad core cpu's. You had to have dual or quad cpu servers for that sort of performance. So an AMP XP 2800+ was a pretty hefty machine then, unlike now.

Offline The Muffin Man

Debriefing.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:21 am »
Quote from: Ghost
Yeah, the machine CPU speed and RAM only helps in the Save bit. The biggest thing is a nice fat pipe (big upload). Most cable providers don't provide enough upload bandwidth to be really suitable. I figure you might be okay if you could get say 3 megabit upload. You could probably handle 50-75 people without issues. I don't remember what the maximum bandwidth each player sucks up. Shoot if you had a dual core machine and got a 5 megabit upload bandwidth cable, you could run a server on the second core and never even notice while you surfed, emailed etc etc on your main core.

It wasn't the machine specs as much as the nice fat pipeline with full symmetrical bandwidth on the server machine. That's what we we're paying 120 a month for back then. You also have to remember that was before dual core let alone quad core cpu's. You had to have dual or quad cpu servers for that sort of performance. So an AMP XP 2800+ was a pretty hefty machine then, unlike now.

Yeah, but the difference between now and then... is you have an average of 5 players on at all times on your server. Absolutely no need to pay that much money when you have so little strain.