Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 15430 times)

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 03:51:39 pm »
Requires a lot of patience. Gets WAY better after you get out of the starting zones. Just read a gamespot review or something, they are pretty spot on with it. Oh, and the UI takes a LOT of getting used to.

Neat thing about it is it has no region specific servers, it's all worldwide.

Offline Rokhan

World of Warcraft
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 05:40:38 pm »
Thats pretty cool.

I assume it still has MULTIPLE servers though as to prevent mass lag.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 11:29:21 am »
Yeah, there is virtually no lag in the game. Only problem with the game is, the first 20 levels will make or break you, since the game has such an elitist mindset (economy, parties, etc.). My server seems to be really lacking in that mindset, so it's fairly fun.

Offline Rokhan

World of Warcraft
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 03:04:21 pm »
Lol. Elitist.

Werent RPGwo'ists any different?

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:22 am »
RPGWO players show their elitism by flaming, XI elitists show it by straight up ignoring you.

Just to give an example of the economy being tigered, it can take maybe 1-2 hours to farm a stack of crystals that sell for 3-500 gil. Now, it should take around 1 hour per level average, so you'll have around 5-10k by the time you are level 10, but you have to buy all of the level 8~ish armor to upgrade so that sets you back pretty much all your money. Repeat process for 10-20, except you pull in even less money. At level 20 is where your major upgrades come in, and items there can go anywheres from 10k to 150k. See where I'm going? There are low level items up in the hundred thousands, literally just because they have +1 MND or something them. There was a set of pants I was looking at that were level 20, and they cost 150k. Know what stats they had on them? Garbage. Had like 14 def, which was a VERY small upgrade, but the catch was, it was one of the VERY few leggings that had +hMP on them. +hMP means you get more MP per tic while healing. You get around 20 per tic, which is like 15 seconds. It adds +1 hMP. How well do you think that stacks up? It'd literally take like 10 minutes to equal 1 tic. These pants are selling for 150k. I know even some 60+ that haven't even acpigulated that much at one point in time, because you have like 20 slots and are constantly upgrading.

Now, the reason for this, is that you can level every single job on a single character. It REALLY tigers the economy over. It's like a more hardcore form of twinking, except you can resell the gear when you are done with it. If you can get past this bullwolf, it's actually a pretty fun game if you get to know a lot of people. Only problem is you need a lot of time to devote to doing wolf, most players are hardcore and don't understand the meaning of limited time. You can say one thing to somebody and they won't reply until 5 minutes later because they just didn't feel like typing.

The thing that's amazing about this game, is that you spend SOOOO much time doing wolf, that when you finally get it done, you feel so mothertigering accomplished and proud of yourself. The first time I took a boat ride I was like tigerING OMGGGGGG tigerIN BOAT RIDE PIIIAAAMMPP! Today I entered my first major non-noob city, and I was pretty happy then too lol.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:09:28 am by The Muffin Man »

Offline Mystic

World of Warcraft
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 12:46:02 am »
Yeah, the XI economy sucks hardcore. Mostly due to items being mass produced then dumbtigers killing the price. An example of this is Rareaise Earrings on my server (Carbuncle) were 25K about 3 days ago, now about 3 Goldsmithers decided to be dumb/lazy/stupid asshats and knock the price down to 18K to sell their stuff faster.

I am hoping SE learned their lessons when they reveal their new MMO: Rapture
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:50:10 am by Mystic »

Offline Zodiak

World of Warcraft
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 10:51:21 am »
FFXI is bloody BORING

Tryed it..
Didn't Like it..
End of Story..

Then again.. Im still playing WoW
I'm just here watching..

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 12:25:26 pm »
Quote from: Mystic
Yeah, the XI economy sucks hardcore. Mostly due to items being mass produced then dumbtigers killing the price. An example of this is Rareaise Earrings on my server (Carbuncle) were 25K about 3 days ago, now about 3 Goldsmithers decided to be dumb/lazy/stupid asshats and knock the price down to 18K to sell their stuff faster.

I am hoping SE learned their lessons when they reveal their new MMO: Rapture

How is knocking down the price making the economy suck? It's people like you that tiger it over and don't allow new people to at least be able to do ONE thing.

Offline Pirate Wings

World of Warcraft
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 05:17:26 am »
buy them all out for 18k and sell for 25k
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

World of Warcraft
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 04:00:38 pm »
Just like buying all of the leather in AH on WoW and selling to for 3x more.  Just like when light leather is going 3g a stack while medium is 1g a stack :/

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2009, 07:35:49 pm »
Lol. Light/medium leather go for like 50s or less on my server.

Your private servers suck.

World of Warcraft
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 07:46:56 pm »
Knothide for 20g a stack yay!

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Rokhan

World of Warcraft
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2009, 01:53:57 pm »
Quote from: Mack the Blacksmith
Knothide for 20g a stack yay!
Borean leather isnt even going for that anymore...

Get off your private servers and learn to play.

Hell I dont even think artic fur are going for that much a piece anymore. I loved when they were 40-50g a piece when WOTLK first came out

My joker trumps your ace

World of Warcraft
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2009, 01:57:00 pm »
15 $$ a month are you kidding? Save that up and buy some 360 games :/

Besides, it's just an underscripted 2.4.3 TBC server with inflated economy.

Not like we are running around with full T6, hell can't even get T6 because BT was closed untill scripting was finished.

Offline Rokhan

World of Warcraft
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 01:28:52 pm »
Quote from: Mack the Blacksmith
15 $$ a month are you kidding? Save that up and buy some 360 games :/

Besides, it's just an underscripted 2.4.3 TBC server with inflated economy.

Not like we are running around with full T6, hell can't even get T6 because BT was closed untill scripting was finished.
15$ a month is like pocket change unless your a hobo. Come on dude, any child with parents or person with any job can afford that.

And if you have half a brain you dont even need to buy time for like your first 2 months. Free month with game in most cases. 10 days from trial account. 10 days with trial tBC(If applicable) and 10 days from trial WotLK.

Get a job.

My joker trumps your ace

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 07:48:05 pm »
I remember back in my f2p days before I started earning my own money. Now it's like LOL free to play? Fux that, wolf sucks.

Offline Mystic

World of Warcraft
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 05:36:24 am »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
How is knocking down the price making the economy suck? It's people like you that tiger it over and don't allow new people to at least be able to do ONE thing.
Just wait til you need some of the more expensive gear (Woodsmans, Snipers, Hauby, Scorpion Harness, etc.) and you can't make a ton of money due to the deflation.

Offline The Muffin Man

World of Warcraft
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »
Quote from: Mystic
Just wait til you need some of the more expensive gear (Woodsmans, Snipers, Hauby, Scorpion Harness, etc.) and you can't make a ton of money due to the deflation.

Learn2fish and FoV.

I've paid for all of my gear up to level 20 off of FoV and drops alone, and I've tried fishing and know it can bring in even more cash.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
World of Warcraft
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »
f2p ftw.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Pirate Wings

World of Warcraft
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2009, 04:51:35 am »
Try one month of p2p and you'll never f2p again unless it was a really wolfty p2p game.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is