Author Topic: Skills Fixt  (Read 13754 times)

Offline chronolink

Skills Fixt
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2008, 04:05:45 pm »
Quote from: Jordonias
You call fighting infernal machines from lvl 20 to lvl 65, fun and casual? Its grinding worse than World Of Warcraft.

You really have no idea

You're acting like I'm trying to make leveling slower or something, I have no intention of making a substantial change in how much experience you get from fighting monsters. Just forcing you to fight other monsters first before you get to the good monsters.

That's how a lot of it's been. Like fighting Brigands and Witches then moving on

None of the [X+Y/Z] are set in stone, I flopped together those to use as an example for how my new system would work.

And you are told over and over how it won't work. RPGWO doesn't revolve around you

They will not be forced to get an attack. Tradeskills exp will be increased, like I've said hundreds of times in the past.
Increased a lot, I want experience from tradeskills to rival that of fighting monsters.

Fair point I guess

And to Dravien, I don't want to be an admin, I've stated that many times.
It is apparant the both of you are disagreeing with me because you don't like me.
How do I know? Because you bring up no valid argument as to why my ideas won't work.
Try harder.

Others have brought up why your ideas won't work. Not just Dravien

You're opinion really means nothing to me. I know you love easy mode, and no change. Change means you have to learn how to play something new. If my ideas were in place in the beginning you wouldn't want them changed either.
My ideas are for a balanced and fair play. They will add more fun to the game because there are actually things to work towards.
You like to consume your time fighting the same monsters all day, thats cool, go ahead and play the NEWB server.
I reply to your posts only in hopes you might come up with something actually wrong with my ideas other than you don't like things changed, or its too hard for you. But you've failed to do that so far.
I don't care that you think its too hard or that you don't like change. Because these ideas will appeal more to those who want to play this game for the first time. Current players are not necessary to please because they'll end up quitting anyway.

If you actually think out of the box and think of how other people view this game you might come close to understanding my ideas, this is only a maybe because you are not the most intelligent.

In reply to 1: Saying stuff like this is only inforcing my argument that you can't come up with a good reason as to why my ideas are bad.
2: And again.
3: And again.
4: We'll see.
5: Vice versa.

Dravien's "box" is called RPGWO, heavan knows what you call it. As you think Europe is a country that shows your lack of intelligence. Thus Dravien is smarter than you

I'll also add that Dravien has a job... unlike you who spends all the time at Gebus' house playing RPGWO together drinking Jolt

Coming from the admin who was a complete hippo, and made the server even more wolfy than it already was.

Fail.... again

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline xBN

Skills Fixt
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:22 pm »
Ummm, at the end of the day you want it to be varied and fun,

i hate sitting in the crystal sector for years just leveling up, need stuff to do.

the quests are pointless most of the time, either the prize is pointless or the quest is too easy/hard for the prize.

so more "fightable" (worth while killing - ie even if you want 10 hides to give to bob for a freeking new sword?) monsters, more good quests

Make hessy the top makable weapons, after this you need "questy" items to add to the weapons to improve them, and this has a random chance to improve them well (higher skill + high quailty = good weapon)

But then again if you try and fail you tiger the weapon and the item and its wasted?
xWn - Kirin 2 - lvl 34 Sword
Zaros - Kirin 3 - lvl 31 Staff
Zaros - Alysum - lvl 42 Black Mage

Offline Axeman

Skills Fixt
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 04:15:05 pm »
While the idea of "picking as you go" is a great, and fundamental, idea to RPGWO, RPGWO isn't/hasn't gone anywhere the way it is now.  

Before I go into more spiel, Darkness and Dravien, you guys are really, really dumb.  Why do you have to just say "ostrich JORD WAH WAH" instead of helping out and retuning his ideas to the way you'd see fit?  See, when you do this, you put your two cents into the pot, and at the end, we shake 'em all up and see what we get in the end.  By taking away two cents from the pot, you're doing tiger all.

Now.  The main problem with RPGWO has and is the fact that there's NO OBJECTIVE.  Look at WoW for example.  The end-raids take dedication and teamwork to the fullest.  RPGWO has none of that.  The way it is now is just what Jord says - you can be all by yourself and get to the "end-game" of RPGWO in a week, ie. souls.  Now, whether or not you fix this by a class system, reworking the skill (X+Y)/Z's or what have you, the game will STILL need an objective.  I don't even know how long I've been working for a huge quest, one that challenges all, yet provides entertainment for all likewise.  Make an "end-raid" for RPGWO, but don't just make it 40x40 with mega drakes.  Make players think, interact, and cooperate to "win" the game.  Make it hard enough, and you'll get people who want a challenge flock to the game like never before.  I've already e-mailed Mickey willing to do this for the newb world, up to him if he bites.  

Now, changing the (X+Y)/Z isn't necessarily a bad idea.  The best idea?  Maybe not.  Jord's idea is right though, that there's a need for more interaction in this game.  The "experiment" of lowering the starting attribute and skill points should prove interesting to see if anything changes, or if melee/missle fighters just take that extra X (16 Mick said?) levels to get the same path.  If it does, great, if not, it'll just be more of the same.  

Also, Jord you said that you didn't want a class system because you're restricted.  I agree - which is why I put in the clause that for "X amount of in-game gold" you can choose a second class.  This is ideal for a player.  You choose your original class, and perfect it to get X gold, from other players, from whoever.  After you "master" that skill set, you then go into another one.  This would keep it perfect for players who get bored quick by just taking a fighter and leveling to level 60 or whatever in a week, because they'd have a challenge to "master" all the classes, something that would take some serious time (likely the length of what a normal server/noob world lasts - a year or two at most) and keep everyone interested.  Start out as a trader on your first noob world and get to say 400 attack/defenses with that character on your first world?  Maybe start out as a fighter and try it reverse, getting to 400 tradeskills, or keep with a trader and see if you can get to 600 attack/defenses, etc.  This, all while keeping an "end-game raid" in place to help influence the choices.  If there's too many traders, then the demand for fighters/rangers will go up.  Too many fighters/rangers, the demand for traders will go up, and vica versa for mages and so on.  That way, a new person (who may be biased to pick a fighter/ranger as some/most just don't like being a measly "trader") balances the game out everytime a new one signs up.

Offline Lord Darkness

Skills Fixt
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 04:20:34 pm »
Did chrono just stick up for me? 0_o

Anyway, I was a hippo was i? in what way? i never stopped people from saying what they wanted, i never stopped people from doing what they wanted either. I ran Events, Built Quests and Moderated Extreme Chat and banned Multi clients AFTER talking it through with the multi clienters. Come back and post when you can come up with Valid arguements to why im a hippo Jord, untill then FO you zebra.
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline xBN

Skills Fixt
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 04:25:48 pm »
Apparently, after consulting fellow Brits, i need to now agree with Darkness, Drav and prolly Chrono.

I hear by state that jord is a person from the US, who is wrong about RPGWO.

The game has lastest 8 years without much change to the "core" system.

DON't GET RID OF SPEC SKILLS!!!!  JORD YOU SUCK!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:27:06 pm by xBN »

Offline Axeman

Skills Fixt
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2008, 04:27:36 pm »
Quote from: xBN
Apparently, after consulting fellow Brits, i need to now agree will Darkness, Drav and prolly Chrono.

I hear by state that jord is a person from the US, who is wrong about RPGWO.

The game has lastest 8 years without much change to the "core" system.

DON't GET RID OF SPEC SKILLS!!!!  JORD YOU SUCK!

This statement made me LOL.

Obviously you know nothing about RPGWO if you really think RPGWO is "lasting" right now.  Even Mick himself is stunned people still play this game.

Offline Pokemon Steve

Skills Fixt
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »
Quote from: Lord Darkness
Did chrono just stick up for me? 0_o

Anyway, I was a hippo was i? in what way? i never stopped people from saying what they wanted, i never stopped people from doing what they wanted either. I ran Events, Built Quests and Moderated Extreme Chat and banned Multi clients AFTER talking it through with the multi clienters. Come back and post when you can come up with Valid arguements to why im a hippo Jord, untill then FO you zebra.

I think hes pissed off cause I said Brits are worthless. Also because everyone who writes stories on here are queers.  Next we will see them writing poems.

The same people who are sucking your monkey right now (Chrono, and others) said wolf on these forums for months about how you were just like the current donkey Christi and banned people for no reason at all. Now they're on their knees for you because brits are tigering morons.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 04:30:10 pm by Jordonias »

Offline Lord Darkness

Skills Fixt
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:08 pm »
Only British morons are Tony Blair and Gordon Brown....

Still, no Valid Arguements to why im a hippo, you are giving no reasons just trying to hide behind other people. So Post again when you have a reason.

Offline chronolink

Skills Fixt
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2008, 04:30:51 pm »
I think hes pissed off cause I said Brits are worthless.

The same people who are sucking your monkey right now (Chrono, and others) said wolf on these forums for months about how you were just like the current donkey Christi and banned people for no reason at all. Now they're on their knees for you because brits are tigering morons.

BS

Never said that

And Mr American, YOU think triangles have 5 sides, idiot
You also think ALL Brits have bad teeth, idiot
You couldn't evan pinpoint America on a map, idiot
YOU give americans a bad name, idiot

Chown -R us ./Base

and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer

Offline Axeman

Skills Fixt
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2008, 04:32:36 pm »
Quote from: chronolink
BS

Never said that

And Mr American, YOU think triangles have 5 sides, idiot
You also think ALL Brits have bad teeth, idiot
You couldn't evan pinpoint America on a map, idiot
YOU give americans a bad name, idiot

<3 Chrono.

Anyway, can we get back on topic instead of personal insults and attacks?  Take it to wherever you wanna take it.

Offline Trivium

Skills Fixt
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:09 pm »
Theres nothing wrong with british people D:

Offline chronolink

Skills Fixt
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:11 pm »
Quote from: Axeman
<3 Chrono.

Anyway, can we get back on topic instead of personal insults and attacks?  Take it to wherever you wanna take it.

Meh, ok

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline King Dravien

Skills Fixt
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2008, 04:36:58 pm »
You go AFK to see what you can cook for dinner, and holy wolf everything gets turned upside down.

Jord its got to the point where Chrono is defending ME, You've really tigered something up.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Lord Darkness

Skills Fixt
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »
chrono defended me...thats NEVER happened

Offline The Muffin Man

Skills Fixt
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »
The game needs an easy server, a hard server, a straight up pvp server,  and a "fun" server. that way everyones tigering happy.

Offline King Dravien

Skills Fixt
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2008, 04:55:26 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
The game needs an easy server, a hard server, a straight up pvp server,  and a "fun" server. that way everyones tigering happy.

a shadow, an arcanium, hard tradeskill typed world. i've never seen one. and a Nulona/ST

It wont happen lol.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline chronolink

Skills Fixt
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2008, 04:58:54 pm »
Well, I wub mah lil Jordonias, but he really needs to learn at times. He can't always be like "Well I know this so I am right so it must be done RAWRRRRRR NERD RAGE!!!!!!!11111one."

We can go back to being enemies after

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline xBN

Skills Fixt
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2008, 06:12:50 pm »
Quote from: Axeman
This statement made me LOL.

Obviously you know nothing about RPGWO if you really think RPGWO is "lasting" right now.  Even Mick himself is stunned people still play this game.

Told to say it, apparently it is a flame war, Brits vs Jord... hence i is a britington!

Offline The Muffin Man

Skills Fixt
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:30 pm »
Quote from: King Dravien
a shadow, an arcanium, hard tradeskill typed world. i've never seen one. and a Nulona/ST

It wont happen lol.

By fun server, I meant something that has drop rate +, exp rate +, etc., not ST. lol.

That way all the people that play maybe one hour a week can feel like they are good at the game

Offline King Dravien

Skills Fixt
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2008, 06:31:44 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
By fun server, I meant something that has drop rate +, exp rate +, etc., not ST. lol.

That way all the people that play maybe one hour a week can feel like they are good at the game

Dont you dare say ST wasnt fun, Now ostrich and make my jewels, No trap rooms..
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus