Author Topic: wolf to Fix  (Read 11919 times)

Offline Mickey Kudlo

wolf to Fix
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 11:23:03 am »
*sigh*

First off... there is nothing to fix. Like some of you have said... the game is OLD!!! It's glory has faded. There really is nothing anyone can do to bring it back. Even if I brought original Steeltide back, you would get bored quickly.

I have been playing computer games for over 25 years (more than the age of most of you!!!) The games I played were awesome and I played them for 1000s of hours and I have great memories of them. BUT... when I go back to them to play now a days, I get bored after like 10 minutes... why? cuz I have changed, times have changed, etc. *tears up* You gurls have grown up, matured, grown goatees, lost virginity (to your cousin), etc. It is a great game and has great memories for a lot of you but nothing lasts. Humans are fickle lil' bitches.

I been really working hard trying to get a "newer" version of RPGWO that is different enough but still smells of RPGWO to satisfy the masses but I can see now that it is useless... almost.

And I stand by my choice to make it harder. The intent was to make you change your tactics and maybe, just maybe, make it feel different enough. Heh, it was too hard at first, when Horizon opened, but after some adjustments, I feel we reached a good level of difficulty.

So, once again, you gurls have burned me out. I am now thinking about releasing the 1.15 server version and charging maybe like $50 to have your world be put into the connect list. Then you could make whatever you want and charge whatever. Cuz everyone seems to have their own idea how to "fix" the game, maybe I should let them try?

Let me know, I am sure you will.
You may have conquered my worlds, but I destroyed them!

Offline Brendan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 12:57:19 pm »
close all servers and just have a mission server that changes every 2 weeks to the next one.

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 02:20:02 pm »
Quote from: Mickey Kudlo
*sigh*

First off... there is nothing to fix. Like some of you have said... the game is OLD!!! It's glory has faded. There really is nothing anyone can do to bring it back. Even if I brought original Steeltide back, you would get bored quickly.

I have been playing computer games for over 25 years (more than the age of most of you!!!) The games I played were awesome and I played them for 1000s of hours and I have great memories of them. BUT... when I go back to them to play now a days, I get bored after like 10 minutes... why? cuz I have changed, times have changed, etc. *tears up* You gurls have grown up, matured, grown goatees, lost virginity (to your cousin), etc. It is a great game and has great memories for a lot of you but nothing lasts. Humans are fickle lil' bitches.

I been really working hard trying to get a "newer" version of RPGWO that is different enough but still smells of RPGWO to satisfy the masses but I can see now that it is useless... almost.

And I stand by my choice to make it harder. The intent was to make you change your tactics and maybe, just maybe, make it feel different enough. Heh, it was too hard at first, when Horizon opened, but after some adjustments, I feel we reached a good level of difficulty.

So, once again, you gurls have burned me out. I am now thinking about releasing the 1.15 server version and charging maybe like $50 to have your world be put into the connect list. Then you could make whatever you want and charge whatever. Cuz everyone seems to have their own idea how to "fix" the game, maybe I should let them try?

Its good to see you've read this topic.

I think Zodiak should take your offer cause he's a smart cookie and could do some neat stuff I think. If I was personally any good with the hard code and what not I wouldnt mind trying myself but thats not the coding im into. My future is in the C++ world and VB6 is something I can make a calculator with and that would take me a while to remember.

If someone takes this opportunity to go into I'd be happy to try or test. Right now I really dont play any PC games and it lets my laptop goto waste. PM me if anyone is looking for ideas or anything.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
wolf to Fix
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:08 pm »
*sigh*

I think for now it would be nice to have only three servers max active on the list. Players are too spread out and it's kind of annoying.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline The Muffin Man

wolf to Fix
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 05:16:14 pm »
SI am now thinking about releasing the 1.15 server version and charging maybe like $50 to have your world be put into the connect list. Then you could make whatever you want and charge whatever.

Release 1.15 along with all the last steeltide files that are still there, and I'd consider that $50 fee. Otherwise, no. I deleted all of my servers content, and can't be arsed to restart from scratch.

Also, most things that need to be fixed are in hardcode (presumably) anyways. Things like generic XP rates, customized armor stats, etc. I like the whole rating system thing, but if I remember correctly, you can't set stats the way YOU want them. Some sort of automated code to "even" them out, wasn't there?

It'd be nice if a party system was implemented too. The game got boring because there was nothing to do with other people. The market became stale, leveling became stale, farming items became stale, etc.. because you couldn't have any sort of social-based activities other than relying on admins to do an event once a week at the start of server startup, and nagging them for a month to do one a few months later. I believe that's one of the major things that killed it. The game started running like a single player game with MMO characteristics. Noone wants to run around and grind without a story to any of it, it's like releasing a Final Fantasy game and all you could do in it was grind on mobs.

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 01:10:24 am »
Mickey I have personally sent you a MASSIVE email of things to add into game that I personally thought would revive the game itself, yeah it would of been difficult and I know how much the coding means to you, sentimental value atleast. Though the response from the email was "Too long, put it in bullet form" I think at this point its clear the players themselves care about the game more then you do. You also claim people are bored with it, that might be.. But look how many of us are here posting, how many are still playing the "Boring" servers... All we can do is keep trying till someone gets it right.

Thank you for the backing there Rohkan, honestly at this point If i was guaranteed a reliable host I would kindly work on a new server. My original idea for the first part just so mickey can actually see a newish type server.

Then when people got bored of that I would have a Fun server for back up to switch around.

Unfortunately Mickey at this point charging to be put on the official list just pushes certain people away from the real rpgwo. Considering the fact of we know how to get around the whole VolumeID of the server.exe  and even at this point some of us know we can make our own updater or hex your old one to do what WE want to do. So for the few that were cheap or didn't have the money they could easily get around that 50 dollar fine.

Mickey as far as fixing, there has been plenty to fix.

For one Missle.. that has been there for yyyyeeaarrrrssss MISSILE OR RANGED...

DE-Hard code the magics (I'm sure its possible) -- Last I knew if it wasn't White/Black/Red/Blue Magic it wouldn't update the magic attack.. That could of been fixed while i was gone for a while.

Party system yet again. Again would be a good amount of work.

Scripting for monsters. - I haven't fully went into testing this. But I think I speak for everyone that the repetitive is the fact that (last I knew) the monsters were limited to like blackhole and some other magic crap. Id like to be able to script a monster that when at 50% would spawn guards or adds or something. hell even adding something like that in the ini would be even efficient.

Magic system needs an AOE system added.. At this point even if you wanted to be lazy enough to add items with negative StandDamage= to heal, that would give us a aoe heal, could do that for stam and mana at the LEAST. -Nigrig pretty much, but it would just spawn like the firestorm type

V2 Interface.. Is just Wow... The first thing I told you was that the map should be put on a different form.. Reasons for this is one, it could be brought up and taken down as needed and it would clear up some of the room needed.. on top of that, I haven't looked at it too much but I think some of the tabs either have more space then needed or dont do anything OR dont have anything on them

V2 Chat Tabs - Instead of having 900 of them already open, give an option or allow a player to open a new tab and add what channels he/she wants on them.

Theres alot that can be added, alot that should be fixed. The fact is you sculpt the game in the manner of what you want or like, not the players mickey, Or you havent once showed an interest in what CERTAIN people want.

Oh and a side note on the 50 dollars or whatever.

I know your plans were to make some money off perks. That is why it went from 1 time payment to once a year, once a wipe, or whatever the hell it is. I'm a firm believer that none of us, should get money out of something that you have clearly coded as far as the game itself and its mechanics, that is partially why, I hate/hated Core, and how it was ran, when I found out the money was not being spent purely on the server and instead AsshatAsche was spending it on himself and his girlfriend, I flipped out. I bitched to Grim, and UT, If i had a way to contact other then email (Which I'm sure you discard ANYWAYS) I would of bitched to you. Asche claimed that the money he "earned" because the time put into the server, which again made me flip out. Which I think clearly shows how I feel about the game, that Im not some retard trying to capitalize on something you made. I personally do it cause its fun to me, It gives me something to do. But i think its disgusting that someone would take old ZH ini's and just move some wolf around and say "Oh I did work, here I'll take like 400 dollars+".. On top of that a server being Free Perks - Which I'm sure the reason for that is the fact there is no way to get a hold of the person with all the names, which at this point is you and UT if even that. But still you are supposed to be in charge. We all have lives man, but even to this day it amazes me that server is still up., considering the situation with it.

Now back to the 50 dollars. As i said before, your plan was to make money off perks which I'm sure you made/make money off em ever so often, but charging to get on an "official" list just seems like another leap to try and get some cash. You know as well as everyone else that the economy is pretty wolfty, so the chances of someone coughing up 50 dollars to get their server on your version connect.ini is pretty slim.

As far as the server.exe unless it has something just surprisingly new, I'm pretty sure one of us already have it. Considering at this point you've let about anyone just walk in and run a server, files get around. Specially with bribing and what not, It wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone had a v2 server,  but they've  been told hush hush with it.

So in the end, you can put the 50 dollars up, there will be a few that will try it possibly. But in the end yet another failed money plot.

Only reason I even remotely want the source is see If i can do anything with the game, the 2 main people with the source (Which I'm not sure who all has it) but last i knew, was Mickey and UT, have both been acting like they are burnt out completely. So i think at this point, I think it would be fair to talk to someone that is clearly here and trying and see if they can take a stab at it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:45:47 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Lord Darkness

wolf to Fix
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 07:44:07 am »
Mickey has been offered $10,000 for the source code in the past hasnt he Zodiak? and he turned that down, i was speaking to some one a couple of months back and he said to me that he was thinking about offering mickey $30,000 for the right to own the 1.15 source code or something or other, and yes, this person does have the $30,000 that he was going to offer, but i dont think he has got round to doing this yet, so the chances are mickey wouldnt give away his code even if someone like yourself wants to just have a look at it and try to improve it to keep his game going strong, i think he needs a bigger incentive than "i want to improve the game" seeing as the game is basically his lifes work.
1st Steeltide - lvl 29 Xbower  No Damon
2nd Steeltide - lvl 55 Mage 1 Damon
Nulona  -  lvl 66 Mage   5 Damons
Nulona  - lvl 40 Bow    5 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 73 Bow   8 Damons
Xerxes  - lvl 1000 @@Admin
Asylum - lvl 24 Mace      0 Damons!! :O

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 02:48:13 pm »
Oh yes I know hes been offered money, Jon in fact offered him the money. Last I heard he either offered money again or joint work.

Oh to add to the "To-do" or "needs"

Instead of having all the commands somewhat hard coded, make a Ini that handles the rights. so we can set certain commands accordingly to type of account.

So If someone were to open a fun server (Like my idea of a fun server) players could have the ability to warp

Just use something like.. "Command.ini"

Warp=
Warpto=
etc..

P = Player
M = Mod
A = @Admin
S = @@Admin
U = @@@Admin

It would just check and give all accounts that its set to and up the command, so If i gave /item to mods, @, @@ and @@@ would also have it.. If i gave /tameadd to players, EVERYONE would have it. Or just have to list it out like..  "MonsterAdd= P, M, A, S, U"  for everyone to have it..

Addition Again: In the item.ini allow a addition command if possible. something like Add /something.ini    Reason for this is if someone wanted to go along the lines  of sorting enough to have a Plant.ini and Wall.ini and so on instead of having everything in the item.ini they could.

Thought of something while I was at work, more like remembered..

Treasure table / loot table for bags/boxes so we can have Chest/Treasure (I have a way to nigrig this on the current inis, but still would be nice to be able to have a real one.

V2 - Add coding in the item.ini for ores to set what level they spawn on, so the deeper you go the more rare things start showing up.
On top of this, each level you go down, take more mining skill to do, cause some one more trained should be technically able to go down further. Which could be rigged right now by making a seperate entrance/exit for underground, but wouldnt be able to control it after the first "Basement"
So from Surface (0) to Underground (1) - Say 50 skill
     from underground (1) to underground (2) - say 100 skill and so on..

With new coding I'd assume you could keep that going, with the code right now, I think you could only set the 2 parts, then again I havent seen inis/whatsnew of v2.

ALSO - I the item stack system for multiple items in one spot, needs to have exceptions put in. The fact theres a cave entrance on top of a well.. doesnt make any sense, I see plants ontop of cave entrances also. Not sure if thats just a tiger up or just something that wasnt managaed

ANOTHER ADDITION: To the Item.ini, give the ability to give certain weapons a multiple skill requirement or separate skill requirements.

Certain armor could be worn by say..  Sword with 400 skill or Mace with 400 skill, but the others couldn't wear this armor.

Along with requirements set for potions to be used. General say 200 skill to use a major potion.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 02:51:00 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline The Muffin Man

wolf to Fix
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 03:44:39 pm »
It'd be easier to re-code the entire game in a better language than to get Mickey to release the source.

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »
I believe I'm looking for.. Thank you captain obvious..
I'm just here watching..

Offline Trivium

wolf to Fix
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 04:35:14 pm »
I love the DRAMA!

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 04:37:40 pm »
Drama? THIS IS SPARTA
I'm just here watching..

Offline Trivium

wolf to Fix
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 04:42:27 pm »

There are some serious points in this thread though that really should be taken into consideration, the cycle of RPGWO is rapidly approaching the wolfter and that would be such a shame...

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 07:14:36 pm »
Np Zod, I support people that show interest and have good ideas.

You bring alot of fair points to what needs to be fixed for changed for the game and it boils down to the hard coding for alot of it.

Where's Captain Obvious? Did i miss him?

My joker trumps your ace

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
wolf to Fix
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 07:18:44 pm »
HERE I AM, MOTHERtigerERS.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline chronolink

wolf to Fix
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2009, 03:39:06 am »

This

Problem is history repeats itself

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline The Muffin Man

wolf to Fix
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2009, 09:03:34 am »
Quote from: Rokhan
Where's Captain Obvious? Did i miss him?

Ohi.

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 03:43:37 pm »
Quote from: Kaios
HERE I AM, MOTHERtigerERS.
OH HAI THAR.

So has anyone approached Mickey personally in hopes of muscling files to attempt something with them?

My joker trumps your ace

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »
Someone mentioned I should try to see if I could phone him, in hopes that the phone call would show more urgency to the matter. But...  Honestly I think if I was mickey, I would be rather pissed if a player contacted me via phone just cause of privacy reasons. I'm sure it would go something like..

*Ring*
*Click*
Mickey - "Hello"
Zodiak - "Hello, may I speak to a Mr. Kudlo, creator of the game called Rpg world online"
Mickey - "This is him"
Zodiak - "Ah, hello there, This is zodiak, calling to speak to you about.."
*Click*
Zodiak - "Hello?"
Zodiak - "Hello?"
Zodiak - "You motha..."

I'm just here watching..

Offline Gizza

wolf to Fix
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2009, 01:57:35 am »
There's nothing to fix.

Just play, and if your bored of it quit. Simple as that.