Author Topic: wolf to Fix  (Read 11991 times)

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 05:29:41 pm »
Its been less then that Jord, and to be honest, your quite random with your apperances yourself.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline LolWut

wolf to Fix
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 12:16:37 am »
2hard.

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
wolf to Fix
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 10:08:15 am »
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Steven the Strong

wolf to Fix
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:27 am »
yeah if you want more players don't make ridiculously hard servers. id like rpgwo and want to see it be able to hold its old glory of 50+ players online at a time. things like this will just run players off. i see no problem with players getting to level 80-90 if u don't run out of stuff to do/train on. if it takes a half an hour to get to level 4 on a nerfed servers and leveling being nothing but just more grinding to level 5 wheres the fun for someone that just walked into rpgwo? how many real games have u played that starting out is REALLY hard and the rest of the game is as easy pie. i understand why you guys think a servers should be so difficult but i think your going crazy with this. save the nerfing for the vets that want to start with nothing but, don't run off all the new players. ive seen so meny noobs walk into horizon and with in 10 mins they've logged off cause they killed 4 roaches got 100 xp. moved one stat and said tiger this game! Is this how training is suppose to be? Your prospective on a game is gonna come from the first 10 mins u play. You want to attract people to play? make something that people will actually want to play.

i don't remember old servers being 40% or 50% training xp when there actually was a player base here
that should tell u all something right there??
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:59:29 am by Steven the Strong »
Liberty -spear/throw + lots of remakes
(Admin Steventhegreat)
Steeltide -Sword/trader + alot of remakes
(Took a RPGWO break)
Nulona- Swordsman 78 2 damon
Shadow 2 - 30 macer
Ataxia - axer 38 1 damon
Xerxes - 71 macer 2 damon
Xerxes - Admin Cantrell
Shadow 3 - 53 axer 1 damon
Asylum - 38 macer
Nexus - 86 bower -2 damon
Horizon - 38 bower- 2 damon

Offline Hephestus

wolf to Fix
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 12:04:31 pm »
Steve I played a game that hard, but it was pretty turtle

Secrets of Asharah or how ever its spelled.

horrible system, only get a short sword to start with, monsters were ungodly strong, 80 screens from noob zone to the first area, admins sucked, players were not allowed to randomly help others. (I was chewed out for giving a person a short sword cause theirs broke)

that game ran me off when the owners wife was bitching at me about giving someone a weapon. but I agree, steve. There does not need to be an uber hard server just make it challenging enough to maintain interest.

why not just increase the skill point allotment at character creation, make the skills tie into each other more, like fishing needs cooking, and for 4 points you can buy the set.

Let me explain:

you need mining to fish, jewel make, farm, mason, cook (get salt) why not lump them into a prepacked skill set that you can buy for x amount of points at start up like

magic - mana con. 20 points for the entire set of magics and the mana con. leaving 20 points for Melee defense and some trade skills
melee skills - mining/bs can be 30, which includes masonry
Alchemy - farming 10 points to leave it open for magics and melee defense
trade skill set 30 includes 1 attack skill, and you get to buy melee def (trade skills like mining, bs, carp, mason, farming, fishing, tailor, locksmith)
its like the preset templates, but you can go further with it, as you can modify the stats to your liking, and you can get more and still have to work at them. like redo the template system. also make specing skills worth it, like reducing the failures or giving more xp per action. sorry if it does not sound logical, im hyped up on sugar and missing skull and horizon
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:07:18 pm by Hephestus »

Offline Jon The Great

wolf to Fix
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 12:12:19 pm »
Quote from: Steven the Strong
yeah if you want more players don't make ridiculously hard servers. id like rpgwo and want to see it be able to hold its old glory of 50+ players online at a time. things like this will just run players off. i see no problem with players getting to level 80-90 if u don't run out of stuff to do/train on. if it takes a half an hour to get to level 4 on a nerfed servers and leveling being nothing but just more grinding to level 5 wheres the fun for someone that just walked into rpgwo? how many real games have u played that starting out is REALLY hard and the rest of the game is as easy pie. i understand why you guys think a servers should be so difficult but i think your going crazy with this. save the nerfing for the vets that want to start with nothing but, don't run off all the new players. ive seen so meny noobs walk into horizon and with in 10 mins they've logged off cause they killed 4 roaches got 100 xp. moved one stat and said tiger this game! Is this how training is suppose to be? Your prospective on a game is gonna come from the first 10 mins u play. You want to attract people to play? make something that people will actually want to play.

i don't remember old servers being 40% or 50% training xp when there actually was a player base here
that should tell u all something right there??
I agree. I used to love the original Lib with nonpk and pk altars and lots and lots of quests.

Offline Gizza

wolf to Fix
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 12:41:43 am »
I feel like playing RPGWO right now.. But that will idea will be gone within an hour or two..

Offline Pirate Wings

wolf to Fix
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 08:03:52 am »
Secrets of asherah is turtle, the server isn't even online half the time and there is another game which uses the same engine which is 20X better. But it still looks like someones computing project at school. And now i'm going to give everyone who is new a weapon now.
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Steven the Strong

wolf to Fix
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 03:22:43 pm »
I also believe for a more fun game environment you should be able to enjoy training with out it being a total grind fest i understand that's the nature of the game but when magic d training sounds better then attack training because the xp is better theirs a problem. kinda takes the fun right out of it. best part of the game should be killing stuff. i like knowing i worked my but off for level 80 and my reward is i can do almost every trade skill by then and be a fighter even take on a second attack. some of my most fun parts of rpgwo was with my nexus bower i had black magic and bow. what a combo! high enough level to actualy use bm effectively.(and not start as a mage) this new system of xp makes that damn hard.
Liberty -spear/throw + lots of remakes
(Admin Steventhegreat)
Steeltide -Sword/trader + alot of remakes
(Took a RPGWO break)
Nulona- Swordsman 78 2 damon
Shadow 2 - 30 macer
Ataxia - axer 38 1 damon
Xerxes - 71 macer 2 damon
Xerxes - Admin Cantrell
Shadow 3 - 53 axer 1 damon
Asylum - 38 macer
Nexus - 86 bower -2 damon
Horizon - 38 bower- 2 damon

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 06:12:33 pm »
That's the point.

RPGwo is evolving(slowly but surely!) from a grindfest into something where having FRIENDS and people being focused on one skill set comes into play. It really isnt necessary to have 2-3 attack skills aside from the one you started with and all the trades. Whats the good of economy? What's the fun in being un-touchable?

There isnt.

My joker trumps your ace

Offline Brendan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »
Quote from: Gizza
I feel like playing RPGWO right now.. But that will idea will be gone within an hour or two..

Everytime the good old days are mentioned I feel the need to play, but within a week it's reduced to a "This was a waste pf time" kinda deal, so I don't bother.

Until the game brings something new that's worth mentioning to the table, I'll pass.

Offline Gizza

wolf to Fix
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 am »
Meh, I have been playing because thats all I can play on this computer.

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 09:42:19 am »
Hm..  hm.. hm..

I believe the problem is now, that everyone has just a "Plan" on how to play when they start out, considering the skills on each server is pretty much the same damn thing.

As far as servers being "Hard", I believe everyone has been spoilt. Everyones use to Mega Potions or some wolf, which make it way too easy, but seems at this point Easy=Fun.

So with that said, I guess ill divert my project to Easy/Fun instead of Hard/Challenging. Hm...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:45:36 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline Grinch

wolf to Fix
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:01 am »
I think the word people are looking for is "different".

Arcanium captured that for a while but it didn't take long for it to grow old. All RPGWO servers generally all run the same way and after so many years of playing it gets boring doing the same thing over and over again up to level 60. It's time for some new ideas.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Trivium

wolf to Fix
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 11:52:08 am »
I'm 100% with Steve

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

wolf to Fix
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 02:56:39 pm »
Um ok. Dungeon or Mission server. Go.

Or,

Annihilate all current server and just create 3 new Newbie, Forced PK, and Modern. Kk.

Offline Devil

wolf to Fix
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 03:11:34 pm »
Quote from: Kaios
Um ok. Dungeon or Mission server. Go.

Or,

Annihilate all current server and just create 3 new Newbie, Forced PK, and Modern. Kk.

Yea, great way to do EXACTLY what we have. Your logic does not make sense.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Kaios

Attack Member
    • View Profile

wolf to Fix
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 03:28:21 pm »
?!

Right now there are five open servers.

Maybe six if UT opens Arc while Core is still going.

Offline Rokhan

wolf to Fix
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:53 am »
In later years, too many servers has been a serious RPGwo problem. How do you split 10 people between 5 servers? Come on.

Kaios posed a good idea and many have said similiar in past.

You need 3 "alive and updated" servers and 1 Mission like server for sporadic fun. Keep everyone mildy content

My joker trumps your ace

Offline Zodiak

wolf to Fix
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 10:21:33 am »
Well..

Mickey give the source to people that can hopefully fix it.
Have 3 or 4 servers as follows - Normal, Normal PK, Modern (NonPK or PK) and Optional : Fun Type
The 3 or 4 servers ran by competent people, not necessarily needed to be "Liked" but if they can do the work and get it updated. Then the job is done.
If the source is not given, then Mickey needs to be tortured till he fixes everything or most of it.
Upgrade everything to V2 - I KNOW the interface is fugly but need to do it, so its not all mismatch
Players need to be positive, not just mindless bashing flaming homosexuals.
Take the time to completely redo the server ini's. Don't be like core and claim to redo them when really its just another edit.
Images that can be upgraded, do so (Rip from other servers, other games, Its been done before might as well not stop now.)
Anytime someone has a suggestion, take it seriously.

Honestly that is about all we can do. Just from there it will just kinda have to be hoped it will work. Most of the things that are used will just be the same thing over and over but we are just pretty much confined to a small area of what we CAN do. Renaming a skill can help even if its the same just to give it an appearance of "New"

I want the new standard to be New Inis, I'm tired of seeing places using the same thing since Liberty. Yes it is a lot more work, but again appearance of "New"

Fun Server - Dungeon/Mission or NEW type
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:21:59 am by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..