Author Topic: Just an Idea  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:17:27 pm »
Well I've been recently bugged about helping like the 200 people that have decided to all make servers at the same time. Figured this might help a few of them that are actually working on their junk.

I thought about opening a server, pretty much would be different then anything would of really played on.. But I figured for one I would hold off doing it considering the.. well 200 servers that are going up. So I'll just go ahead and explain the Idea behind it.

All the Inis would be damn near blank..
Skills - Would have your normal attacks and such, You would start out with defenses and mining.
Items - Picks for mining, Weapons (None actually make-able with skills) Armor (Also Not Make-able)
Monsters - A lot of them would look familiar, but would totally different then any of them you've ever seen stat wise.
(I'm too lazy to go into anymore detail)

Anyways, at this point your going what in the hell?

Well heres the thing the server would be, well.. Something "Rpgwo" wise you haven't seen before, all weapons and armors would have be gotten by either drops or NPCs, I know maybe it would be dull, but the reason for this is, well the leveling on this server would be hell of a lot more fast pace then any other server.

Most of the monsters you would start off going after have a good 500 HP, thats quite a bit, a lot of XP floating around, but higher then normal levels along with higher defenses and such. The point of this is you would more then likely have to be teamed up with someone or two, to kill through these at first, get them down and move on through the dungeon, thus leveling hell of a lot faster, cause killing a level 50, say Giant Roach, would throw a ton of XP around.

I guess in thought it would be a "High Rate" server, a lot of game items would depend on item drops and money, which would be easy to get, but stuff would be extremely expensive, So i guess there could be a little farming to be done and I figured if anything Mining would be very useful for adding certain ore that would be useful and useful to sell, to be honest land owning wouldn't make much difference, at this point, and not having any other trade skills would kill that part of the server, I would have to probably figure different ways around that, maybe start with all trade skills so people could actually still get an attack, but anyways, most of your game play would be towards leveling, and you would level QUICKLY, which might make it appealing to some that haven't got over say, 40.

The only problems that I see are the people that like to train defenses along with your skills being lower then they would normally be on a "Normal server" theres a few ways I thought about going around this.

Admins have a command..
Code: [Select]
/Skill *name*, *skill*
Now we could charge an extreme amount for an Admin to use this on you, along with a script I made that you could buy XP. (I already have this made, the NPC also has Full Heal for a price, along with a Hero which I can make pretty much any number for different prices --  ALSO have a script that would Use commands to warp to town and such so players would not have to walk everywhere, and also have a script that would be a dice game you would play with the NPC. You pretty much do a command and he would randomly roll for you and announce the numbers rolled and pay at a certain rate, of how much you pay to play. - AGAIN these are all made already, minus the token/gold usage on them which isn't too hard to add. I thought about actually releasing these scripts, which i might actually do, if someone doesn't want to host or something.. ANYWAYS.. back to explaining)

The XP bought goes towards also "Till next level" Xp, so you level a bit just with paying for it along with get more spendable Xp.

Theres a few, things that would have to be worked out, like more content, potions and junk, all stuff that would more then likely be wrapped up in monster drops and if done correctly could make trade skills a bit fun.

Anyways I was pitching that Idea if anyone wants to pick it up and try it..

Well I guess we'll do it like this, If you want the scripts I talked about above send me a PM and ill send them out or add me on MSN. ( Zodiak_l33t@hotmail.com )

Also, I figured people were still complaining to me about scripts.

Heres a zipped folder I have, it includes a few scripts that different servers have used, enjoy.
I'm just here watching..

Offline Trivium

Just an Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 02:18:38 pm »
Can I play

Offline StevenTox

Just an Idea
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 02:35:49 pm »
you make the server ill play

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 02:37:52 pm »
If you get me a reliable host, and I'll get it up and working..

Otherwise.. Good luck to the ones that are gonna try some of this.. lol
I'm just here watching..

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Just an Idea
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 02:48:17 pm »
send me about $100 and I could vamp up my P500 into a host :/

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »
To be honest I would rather me being the one to open a server like this, considering most of the people around aren't too sure about what their doing, So I guess this would be the official question.

Anyone have a good/reliable host thats free? lol
I'm just here watching..

Offline Trivium

Just an Idea
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 03:58:58 pm »
I dont know dude but good luck with this, sounds good and we all know you can run a good server

Offline Devil

Just an Idea
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 04:46:48 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
To be honest I would rather me being the one to open a server like this, considering most of the people around aren't too sure about what their doing, So I guess this would be the official question.

Anyone have a good/reliable host thats free? lol
LOL, okay lemme laugh this off for a second *laughs hysterically*

There is no such thing as a reliable host, let alone a free one. I'll host for you if you want, but that's as close as you get to a free host XD

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 06:54:02 pm »
When i say reliable, i mean.. erm er..

Well.. lets say NOT a reliable host..

*Points at Darkness's Host* See? lol
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 06:54:42 pm by Zodiak »
I'm just here watching..

Offline The Muffin Man

Just an Idea
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 08:07:40 pm »
tl;dr

Offline Devil

Just an Idea
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:32 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
tl;dr
I recommend reading this one, it's well worth your time.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 08:35:23 pm »
Well after my other post under LMAO i think it was, I could careless for a host, unless someone wants to rent out an actual server, and I'll contact mickey, otherwise whatever. heh
I'm just here watching..

Offline Rokhan

Just an Idea
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:00:28 pm »
I'd definitley give it a try if you get it up and running and if you need some sort of beta testing, you have my msn.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Zodiak

Just an Idea
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 11:02:19 pm »
God seriously, like apart of me after making that post was like, what the hell Zod, and the other side of me was like gooooood, Is this where the devil pops up on one shoulder and god on the other? heh
I'm just here watching..

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
Just an Idea
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 11:04:53 pm »
Quote from: Zodiak
God seriously, like apart of me after making that post was like, what the hell Zod, and the other side of me was like gooooood, Is this where the devil pops up on one shoulder and god on the other? heh

Just do what you think is right.
#

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Just an Idea
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 02:42:05 am »
And if you don't know, ask Will Smith.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]