Author Topic: My little game  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Pepin

• Attack: 12
    Defense: 13
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Linux User Apple User Mobile User
My little game
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:12:55 pm »
[a href=\"http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\"]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:17:47 pm by Pepin »
#

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

My little game
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 01:10:30 pm »
I remember when I tried learning VB and winsock to try to make a game...  Never got passed the menu. :/

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Zodiak

My little game
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:25:54 pm »
Uhh..huh..
I'm just here watching..

My little game
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:50:41 pm »
But I was doing it in C#, not VB. :/

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

My little game
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 06:43:47 pm »
Quote from: Mack the Blacksmith
But I was doing it in C#, not VB. :/

Well I just got a few more peices done and i'm going to get the login/account creation done. I would of posted more screen shots of my work but I would of had to like Double post and thats bad.

I'll get a few more uploaded after i mow the lawn. Any ideas or anything? Trying to get this geared for the community and then spread it from there.
#

Offline The Muffin Man

My little game
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:09:34 pm »
Why not attempt something better? By the time you learn enough about VB6, you'll have spent enough time to learn a lot in something else, such as C++ or w/e.. Unless you're just going for quick macros and the like, it's purely a waste of time to learn that coding language.

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

My little game
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:15:04 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
Why not attempt something better? By the time you learn enough about VB6, you'll have spent enough time to learn a lot in something else, such as C++ or w/e.. Unless you're just going for quick macros and the like, it's purely a waste of time to learn that coding language.

Most will agree, but if Visual Basic 6 is used in the right ways it can be just as powerful. I already know quite a bit of VB its just me trying to remember it all. Like I said its just something i'm doing and trying to get the community to come together for something. Rogue servers just don't seem the be the thing to do. I've learned a little C++ and taken a class on it just don't like it much. Hopfully i'll have a nice login system etc. by the end of this week.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:16:46 pm by Pepin »
#

Offline Devil

My little game
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:30:17 pm »
Quote from: Pepin
Most will agree, but if Visual Basic 6 is used in the right ways it can be just as powerful. I already know quite a bit of VB its just me trying to remember it all. Like I said its just something i'm doing and trying to get the community to come together for something. Rogue servers just don't seem the be the thing to do. I've learned a little C++ and taken a class on it just don't like it much. Hopfully i'll have a nice login system etc. by the end of this week.
You don't like it because taking 1 class on it won't teach you barely anything. C++ is the most powerful programming language out there. Next to Java, fi you want to call yourself a programmer, you will want these languages.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Pepin

Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

My little game
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 08:37:59 pm »
Quote from: Devil
You don't like it because taking 1 class on it won't teach you barely anything. C++ is the most powerful programming language out there. Next to Java, fi you want to call yourself a programmer, you will want these languages.

Things you say get dumber and dumber.

Have you ever looked at VB Gore?

Thats in VB6.

I understand C++ is very powerful. But i'd rather get this game on the road then have to sit there and stare at code that makes no sense because its been forever since i looked at it.

For what I want to do, VB6, Winsock, and probably Dx8 should do.

I'm not going for something big. Just something fun.
#

My little game
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 05:26:55 am »
Some good old Pepin ownage....