Author Topic: The Forums  (Read 3622 times)

Offline The Muffin Man

The Forums
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:23:36 pm »
So you like to consider this forum a community, huh? Well, maybe it'd seem more so with better functions that make us visiting this site more worthwhile. Currently the only thing to do here is post in everyday wolf threads flaming noobs, so why not give us something else to do that could make that stop to an extent? I suggest some new mods, the army system has been played out as well as the arcade. Noone gives a wolf about them anymore, other than cham and guin who have some sort of competition going as to who can keep first place even though they are the only 2 that play it anyways.

I suggest these mods, all of them sound great and could put forth a more delivering community:

1. Unreal RPG

This sounds great, and has so many more features - interesting features at that - than the lame army system that you just log in and attack someone once every couple days then log out.

2. VRPG

Same as above, sounds like it has similar features. This one requires a point system though I do believe, while the other has it's own. Not quite sure on that. Has a lot more features too. I think this one would be better, but I posted both so others could make their decisions.

3. Challenge games

Has all sorts of different challenge games for members to participate in.

4. Reputation system

This shows what others think of your posts. You can be pep'd (postive reputation point) or nep'd (negative). I think it's a cool system and I use it on other forums. Not sure if it works like them, but on other forums I go to you can also leave little comments behind.

5.Post Rating

Sort of like rating threads, it lets you rate posts. Sounded pretty neat.

6. Unreal Hide Hack

This one sounded REALLY cool. It lets users add hide tags to their posts so that other users must post in a thread in order to see it. So say we want something, like the writers and their stories, blocked out so that you require some sort of participation to see it. Sounds like a great idea, and if someone just spams to see wolf thats where the rep system/rate post comes in ;)

7. Unreal Hide Hack Permissions

Lets you add permissions on the UHH that I posted on number 6.

8. SHOUTcast Radio

I personally couldn't give a wolf about this, but a lot of people from here seem to like it. I'd prolly like it if I had high speed for DJing, but as for listening.. well.. no. Others like it though, so just putting them in consideration.

9. Announcements bar

Lets you put announcements and wolf below the members bar. Sounded neat.

10. Signature Of The Week thread bot

It's a bot that hosts signature of the week threads, I thought it sounded good for making members more active for an ongoing competition.

11. Pets

Lets you feed, battle, etc. your own little pets. I thought itd be neat if you could add RPGWO images of common monsters and stuff.

Anywho, that's all I could find for now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:07:01 pm by Grinch »

Offline chronolink

The Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:48:04 pm »
You sir on onto something here. i'd give a more constructive reply but i'm a lil drunk teehee

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Grinch

The Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:05:32 pm »
I'll see what I can do. Not all of those are compatible with the forum version that we have now (we're 2.3.x) but I'll look around.
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline StevenTox

The Forums
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 08:23:43 am »
BATTLE PETS! Sounds good.

Offline Rokhan

The Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:04:32 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
So you like to consider this forum a community, huh? Well, maybe it'd seem more so with better functions that make us visiting this site more worthwhile. Currently the only thing to do here is post in everyday wolf threads flaming noobs, so why not give us something else to do that could make that stop to an extent? I suggest some new mods, the army system has been played out as well as the arcade. Noone gives a wolf about them anymore, other than cham and guin who have some sort of competition going as to who can keep first place even though they are the only 2 that play it anyways.

I suggest these mods, all of them sound great and could put forth a more delivering community:

1. Unreal RPG

This sounds great, and has so many more features - interesting features at that - than the lame army system that you just log in and attack someone once every couple days then log out.

2. VRPG

Same as above, sounds like it has similar features. This one requires a point system though I do believe, while the other has it's own. Not quite sure on that. Has a lot more features too. I think this one would be better, but I posted both so others could make their decisions.

3. Challenge games

Has all sorts of different challenge games for members to participate in.

4. Reputation system

This shows what others think of your posts. You can be pep'd (postive reputation point) or nep'd (negative). I think it's a cool system and I use it on other forums. Not sure if it works like them, but on other forums I go to you can also leave little comments behind.

5.Post Rating

Sort of like rating threads, it lets you rate posts. Sounded pretty neat.

6. Unreal Hide Hack

This one sounded REALLY cool. It lets users add hide tags to their posts so that other users must post in a thread in order to see it. So say we want something, like the writers and their stories, blocked out so that you require some sort of participation to see it. Sounds like a great idea, and if someone just spams to see wolf thats where the rep system/rate post comes in ;)

7. Unreal Hide Hack Permissions

Lets you add permissions on the UHH that I posted on number 6.

8. SHOUTcast Radio

I personally couldn't give a wolf about this, but a lot of people from here seem to like it. I'd prolly like it if I had high speed for DJing, but as for listening.. well.. no. Others like it though, so just putting them in consideration.

9. Announcements bar

Lets you put announcements and wolf below the members bar. Sounded neat.

10. Signature Of The Week thread bot

It's a bot that hosts signature of the week threads, I thought it sounded good for making members more active for an ongoing competition.

11. Pets

Lets you feed, battle, etc. your own little pets. I thought itd be neat if you could add RPGWO images of common monsters and stuff.

Anywho, that's all I could find for now.
MEEP!
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Gizza

The Forums
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 05:09:57 pm »
Pets.. What like pokemon?

Offline The Muffin Man

The Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 07:37:44 pm »
Quote from: Grinch
I'll see what I can do. Not all of those are compatible with the forum version that we have now (we're 2.3.x) but I'll look around.

Oh. I saw at the bottom on the skin selector that it's IPB 2.2.0

Why the hell would they have a skin named 2.2.0 skin on 2.3.0?

Although, it said on the description that they work for 2.2.x or 2.3.x, so meh.

VRPG works with 2.2 & 2.3

DO EET.. though you gotta get a point system, but thats all good.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:42:52 pm by The Muffin Man »