Author Topic: WIPES, DEAR GOD THE WIPES!  (Read 5732 times)

Offline teckS

WIPES, DEAR GOD THE WIPES!
« on: April 21, 2008, 10:26:57 pm »
I think a really important thing that RPGWO needs to overcome is the need for constant wipes and an array or servers. We need 2 servers and we need to fix the leveling system. I know people don't like comparing this game to others but how often does a game like GuildWars or WoW have a wipe? I don't think it has happened yet. I think fixing this leveling system would overcome a HUGE hurdle in RPGWO's development. Its not about making it isometric or updating the graphics. Graphics mean nothing if the underlying system is flawed. But i also don't think this is a ground up job, its just a tuning of some numbers to get the system working. It would be great if we never had to have wipes and I'm sure people would love to be able to keep there character for a long time and continue leveling and not hit an impossible plateau. Just my 2 cents. On a side note, the attitudes on the forum need to be a bit more understanding of people! I' m probably gonna get flamed for posting this idea, so how do you think a brand new player coming to this game would feel? NO THANKS, screw this game, the players are assholes. Basically on a game where 20 people MAX play at one time, you gotta try and keep the immature attitudes down. It gets really old really fast. It wasn't always like this, but its getting worse... Just a comment.

Offline Revolution

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:10:13 pm »
I totally agree with you.  Servers wipe yearly, which makes it pointless to make a new character if they're going to be deleted every time.  It just gets annoying to constantly have to recreate a char you've worked on.  And as with the attitudes, I do have to stay there are some very immature people on this forums, who sit around and do nothing to contribute to these forums other than to be a Troll and insult new players who just want to play a game, thus, decreasing the playerbase of RPGWO.  I thought we wanted more players and to increase the size of RPGWO, not drive them away and have, like teck said, 20 people max playing this game.
Blackfire Whitenight - Chaos - Active

"I don't need to get a life.  I'm a gamer, I have many lives."

"Why do something right now that you can put off until tomorrow?"

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:27:29 pm »
If the servers DIDNT wipe yearly this game would be even worse, Hell it takes 3 months to get to level 91 if you play to win. Then what? Wait for Mickey to fix your char so you can continue to play?

Its not like your chars are high enough to be worth keeping, Deal with the wipes
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:38:56 pm by Grinch »
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Gizza

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:49:14 pm »
If you really think of it look at WoW, Guildwars. They are full of hackers and people that are top levels and most of the players have another 10 characters which are the top levels aswell. So basically you want the server to be a maximum of the top level? What's the fun of that? Not to mention that RPGWO has stated no multi accounts. So if you were to hit the top level your basically sitting there all day fighting monsters for no apparent reason. IMO I think it should stay wipe yearly.

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:08:43 am »
We'd all be level 91, We'd have nowhere to train since it'd all be claimed and walled up like a bitch.

Oh but your used to that you play chaos! Land of training rooms and item spawns!
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline chronolink

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:19:29 pm »
......................................__........................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

QQ more. We had our fair share of them, why can't you?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 02:19:48 pm by chronolink »

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:49:08 pm »
THE BABY WIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Trivium

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 04:18:22 pm »
No wipes would be better but there's nothing to do once you get too strong for the soul sector so all the players would eventually quit

Offline Revolution

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 05:48:53 pm »
Yeah, I see what you're saying there.  You'll eventually get strong enough, you can have high enough defenses to resist spells and dodge attacks with no pots, jewels, or boosts.  

Offline Rokhan

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 05:49:38 pm »
Quote from: Revolution
I totally agree with you.  Servers wipe yearly, which makes it pointless to make a new character if they're going to be deleted every time.  It just gets annoying to constantly have to recreate a char you've worked on.  And as with the attitudes, I do have to stay there are some very immature people on this forums, who sit around and do nothing to contribute to these forums other than to be a Troll and insult new players who just want to play a game, thus, decreasing the playerbase of RPGWO.  I thought we wanted more players and to increase the size of RPGWO, not drive them away and have, like teck said, 20 people max playing this game.
And thats coming from the Head of Retard itself? Go tiger yourself.

While you bring up good points in not wiping. RPGwo has kind of survived off it, players max out then wait to be able to train more but by then what else is there to do? Train defenses and stealth or w.e till your completely untouchable and go PK random idiots who think they're good? It's no fun. Needs wipes not as frequent as it has been on occasions but it is necessary for the survival. Less servers would be good too. Lets say, Newbie Friendly, PK and Modern. Covers the majority of people's desires. None of those RP crap servers(Sorry to the once good Lunatik) but moving on. If you dont like either of those 3 enough to play, then you dont like RPGwo enough and should move onto a different game.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline teckS

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:40 pm »
Ok, some good points on how having wipes is important .Also, definitely right about hitting a road block at 91 and needing a "FIX", but this is exactly the system that I was suggesting should be fixed. I agree with Rokhan's 3 server idea, this would be a good move. Personally, I still think that something needs to be done to bring in new players. While its great to have a tight nit community of players that have been playing for years, I still think Mickey really wants to bring in some new players ( Hence the Google ads ). This is not going to happen very easily with the current system. Thats just my opinion but I think it is a fairly educated one since I have been playing this game since it opened and have noticed HUGE chances with the players and hows this game has developed. The biggest changes I have noticed is that the players who play now have played for ever and not too many new faces. Many changes have been great, but I think its going to take the whole community to really bring RPGWO v2.0 over the hurdles.

Offline Revolution

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:37:38 am »
Yeah, but the people that play do not know much about RPGWO enough to help RPGWO v.2 as a community so we can bring it over the hurdles.  People that don't play just terrorize the forums.  And 90% of the time, people generally look at the forums to get an idea of what the game is about, what you do, and what kind of players we have.  Dravien, Muffin, Rokhan, Chronolink, Pirate Wings, and a few others will seriously have to change their attitude and how they treat others on this forum in order for us to accomplish this.  They see nothing but people getting constantly insulted and trying to get people to quit, they'll automatically think "Well, we got too many people who do nothing but insult others.  No one nice plays this game.  No use playing a game if people are going to give me a hard time."  Or something of that sort.  But I'm just saying.  And I know the people I mentioned hate me, and I really don't care.  If you hate me, fine.  PM me with countless insults, spam my e-mail address, I really don't care.  Just please try and turn your attitude around so we can actually help RPGWO v.2 instead of constantly shutting it down.  Most people don't even give it a chance.

Offline chronolink

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:01 am »
Quote from: Revolution
Yeah, but the people that play do not know much about RPGWO enough to help RPGWO v.2 as a community so we can bring it over the hurdles.  People that don't play just terrorize the forums.  And 90% of the time, people generally look at the forums to get an idea of what the game is about, what you do, and what kind of players we have.  Dravien, Muffin, Rokhan, Chronolink, Pirate Wings, and a few others will seriously have to change their attitude and how they treat others on this forum in order for us to accomplish this.  They see nothing but people getting constantly insulted and trying to get people to quit, they'll automatically think "Well, we got too many people who do nothing but insult others.  No one nice plays this game.  No use playing a game if people are going to give me a hard time."  Or something of that sort.  But I'm just saying.  And I know the people I mentioned hate me, and I really don't care.  If you hate me, fine.  PM me with countless insults, spam my e-mail address, I really don't care.  Just please try and turn your attitude around so we can actually help RPGWO v.2 instead of constantly shutting it down.  Most people don't even give it a chance.

Ok little man, you want to drop our names in here you can. However, as you don't know us, i'll explain myself what these people are like. I talk to these people on MSN a lot and have known them a few years

Wings: Ok, I don't know Wings that well, but i'd be correct in assuming you think he terrorises people who flaming girls on these forums? Amahright?

Myself: Yep, me. I hate people who are unheard of coming to these forums asking for server files to start what is in their minds a "long-running and soon-to-be big and lasting server." These servers are destined to fail, they all do. If you think i'm an evil one to go pushing the newbs here away i'll drop a name or 2 when I havn't been horrible. Yes, I admit, sometimes I can be quite an elitist

Rokhan: No, he doesn't come here "terrorising" newbs with a negative attitude, he just enforces good points made and makes a few himself

Dravien: Yes, he loves to flame, probably because when he plays he sees favouritism and admin corruption and not a damn thing is done about it. He puts his point accross the way he does probably because that's his nature. No, not in his nature to be a total twat to people, just people that have taken a wrong turn and gone downhill with their power

Muffin Man: Last I saw he makes a few TLDR posts.... but well-written posts at that

So you call us evil? We crawled out of the very pits of Hell itself to visit cyberspace and go n00b-bashing as a sport? Look at yourself sometime. If you stopped spamming every topic, giving worthless ideas and bumping old topics and NOT expect to be flamed; you need to realise you are one player, not the whole lot

Back to watching Nightmare On Elm Street part IV

Chown -R us ./Base

and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 11:04:37 am »
I dont flame people, I just try put people in line so they stop being tigertards.

Unfortunately there are FAR too many people i have to deal with to do with this game so it seems asif im always wanting a fight, Not the case.

I just want you all (I say all but i dont mean ALL) to stop tigering around and being morons in and out of game.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline The Muffin Man

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 11:16:05 pm »
One line? That's all I get?

*cries in the corner*

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 04:46:18 am »
Fact of the matter is, You summerise us all by how we act towards muppets on the forums.

You dont even know us.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline chronolink

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 07:20:56 am »
Once... I was like totally on msn talking to Dravien until 3am

Chown -R us ./Base

Offline King Dravien

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 07:36:08 am »
Quote from: chronolink
Once... I was like totally on msn talking to Dravien until 3am

Once?
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus

Offline StevenTox

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 12:26:38 pm »
I speak to Dravien of bacon sandwiches glom glom glom.

Offline Rokhan

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 02:15:30 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
One line? That's all I get?

*cries in the corner*
Least i got the 1.25 liner

Chrono summarises us well cause he ACTUALLY knows us as much as possible without R/L meeting.
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠