Author Topic: Death Protection  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Malekith

Death Protection
« on: January 15, 2008, 05:30:41 pm »
Could you add a way to make it so it isnt on in certain areas? in pk events it can be annoying, such as a ctf, even in a lms, someone can log off quickly and have death protection... could you make an admin command so the plot doesnt allow it maybe?
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Kaios

• Attack: 69
    Defense: 58
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Poll Votes 10 Poll Votes Invisible
Death Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:51:19 pm »
Death Protection is essential in a CTF otherwise the stronger players will just overpower the weaker ones. Don't be a noob Mal.
(Insert witty signature here)

Offline Gizza

Death Protection
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:12:28 pm »
I'm sure there is a script that if you log in the middle of a CTF/LMS that the event /fails for them and they are teleported back out again.

Offline King Dravien

Death Protection
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:18:41 pm »
DP is tigering turtle lol.

I could've had my team take all 3 flags back while i spawnkilled the other team, but DP ment the other team could move the flag across the entire map....
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Toxico O_o

Death Protection
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
It's not fair to not have DP, it helps balance out the game overall.
However, in some situations (such as logging out of rpgwo while training to avoid death), the DP should not be triggered.
O_o

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Death Protection
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:33:23 pm »
Just make the DP timer set to like 5-10 seconds?

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Malekith

Death Protection
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:34:53 pm »
Logging in and out during a LMS sucks cus admins dont always notice, especially if they ddo it before the doors open to the warps...

in a ctf DP is usefull when theres traders, but if they are all fighters it just means someone can wait till u cant shoot/hit them and then pound ur head in, meaning no matter who has better reactions, the one with dp will win...

Hence why i think it shud be a toggle command so the admin can turn it on and off...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:35:16 pm by Malekith »
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."