Author Topic: Voice Chat and Images  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Greed

Voice Chat and Images
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:16:24 am »
Voice chat and sending images through text, sorta like the forum does. Of course you will have to make the text box area look different to hold it, but you know. Global images must be accepted before they are globalled by an admin or mod or w/e, but can be spoken freely in normal text and/or im's, with a command to ignore them of course.

Voice chat is a must.

Offline The Muffin Man

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 02:30:54 pm »
Teamspeak, etc.

Offline Greed

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 02:49:26 pm »
Some people would like to stay away from downloading a program, getting all the details to that program to connect, finding different channels, and telling people on WO to get on TS or Vent. Have it in-game.

Offline The Muffin Man

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 03:07:43 pm »
That's their loss, too bad. Doing this will just increase strain on the game, sending so much data at once will lag it up even more. I doubt mickey would want to spend that much time making it anyways, seeing as his upgrade to 2.0 was just re-arranging forms in VB6.

Offline Greed

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:31:02 pm »
Sucks for the people it'd lag then, get better net ;P

naw, jk, I see where you're coming from, but hey, it's always a possibility, lol

Offline Malekith

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:35:31 pm »
i think u'd have to make it an add on to ur client cus i wudnt wanna log on n hear wolf... and for images i'd make it a set lot of em, like msns emoticons n stuff...
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Toxico O_o

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:18:28 pm »
You want to ruin rpgwo?
Then go through with this idea. This ain't no fancy happy-go-lucky Runescape, it's RPGwo. Why would you exactly need it anyways?
Explain why you think it should be used. Justify your reasoning.

Edit: Wasn't flaming you mate. Just my opinion. Prove me wrong! ;)
O_o

Offline Malekith

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 04:29:41 pm »
Wrong topic. sorry
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:30:49 pm by Malekith »
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:16 pm »
Uhm... Muffin, come to my corner please...

How do you think you communicate on Xbox? Exactly, a Mic... Now, that is making it go fullblown with a shooting game suchas halo 2 or 3 sending "masses" of data....

Mabey the server comp just needs better webz, not us?

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline The Muffin Man

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 01:01:50 am »
Listen here, nephew.

Coding capabilites from a billion dollar corporation with multiple format geniuses does not equal to married man living in diamond bar with an income in the thousands that uses a drag and drop program to make a game.

Offline Brendan

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 01:41:25 am »
*pwned*

Offline King Dravien

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 03:46:32 am »
Quote from: Mack the Blacksmith
Uhm... Muffin, come to my corner please...

How do you think you communicate on Xbox? Exactly, a Mic... Now, that is making it go fullblown with a shooting game suchas halo 2 or 3 sending "masses" of data....

Mabey the server comp just needs better webz, not us?

Although Muffin already owned you.

You cannot compare, Mickey kudlo, to Microsoft.

and ever notice that Halo's voice system is sometimes very laggy? People cut in and out all the time because of wolfty hosts, RPGwo isnt a shooting game such as Halo 2 or 3. Mickey isnt a company such as bungie.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline xBN

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 07:44:21 am »
also in FPS's you don't have time to type a msg, as this could lead to your death, rpgwo is alot slower gameplay compared.... maybe useful for team events, but i doubt it.
xWn - Kirin 2 - lvl 34 Sword
Zaros - Kirin 3 - lvl 31 Staff
Zaros - Alysum - lvl 42 Black Mage

Offline Malekith

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:28 am »
Team speak or ventrillo... Da daaaaaaa

Offline Gizza

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:06 am »
Quote from: King Dravien
Although Muffin already owned you.

You cannot compare, Mickey kudlo, to Microsoft.

and ever notice that Halo's voice system is sometimes very laggy? People cut in and out all the time because of wolfty hosts, RPGwo isnt a shooting game such as Halo 2 or 3. Mickey isnt a company such as bungie.
Also, Halo 2,3 doesn't have Codec installed which makes 30 year olds sound like 15 year olds with tigered up lisps.

Offline Emrys Merlin

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 03:56:27 pm »
NOT reading all of these. But Voice chat is good. Insert images bad. Again, it removed the depth and immersion of the gaming experience.

Offline xBN

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 04:17:02 pm »
Quote from: Malekith
Team speak or ventrillo... Da daaaaaaa

Offline Emrys Merlin

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 04:21:57 pm »
Yeah but integrated voice chat is always. Always. Better. RPGWO attracts a lot of kids, and people who don't know what teamspeak or ventrillo are. Mickey probably doesn't want to waste hours of coding and not see his game truly reach a large number of people. What game programmer doesn't want his work to stand the test of time? RPGWO is seriously a game that has the potential to live on among a large number of people, even as Diablo II does. Teamspeak and Vent are great for clans, but a distance based, integrated voice chat, could be fantastic.

Offline xBN

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 04:42:01 pm »
have you seen how much rpgwo can lag at the moment?

imagine 20 people trying to voice chat at once, that would really lag... causing the game to become unplayable->less players->dead game.

Offline Emrys Merlin

Voice Chat and Images
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
He is refining the code mate. Obviously I mean if he (it) can support it. But with the refinements I expect to see greater efficiency in the flow of packets, as he even mentioned.