Author Topic: Administration  (Read 8379 times)

Offline Malekith

Administration
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 09:04:44 am »
I'm not that bad am I?
"Never argue with a stupid person. First they'll drag you down to their level, then they will beat you with experience."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

"Some minds are like concrete, thouroughly mixed up and permanently set."

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, but because you are."

Offline King Dravien

Administration
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 09:11:52 am »
Quote from: Malekith
I'm not that bad am I?
Not you, Guin.
RPGWO:
Lvl 91 Staff - Steeltide
Lvl 97 Crossbow - Nulona
Lvl 47 Thrower - Shadow
Lvl 61 Axe - Ataxia
Lvl 82 Staff - Asylum
Lvl 94 Halberd - Nexus
Lvl 82 Shockwave Cannon - Future
Lvl 66 Stealth Xbow - Carnage

Offline Trivium

Administration
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 11:36:35 am »
Most the admins except a select few have done absolutely nothing for the game.....

Admins should actually work as a team to add new content and make players happy, not see who can ban the most people.

What they need to realise is someone globaling in caps might piss off a few people for a minute or two, but when UT perm bans them it pisses them off for a lot longer than a minute, and it pisses off friends and guild members for a lot longer than a minute aswell, maybe even so much that the might quit and the population goes down even more.

It's just a vicious circle, and I really hope to see better management in RPGWO 2, because as Zoex said, a great game can just be driven into the ground with poor management, and this is what has happened to RPGWO, which once was a great game.

Offline Zoex

Administration
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 02:09:40 pm »
Put this on your list as well Mick?

Offline The Muffin Man

Administration
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:06 pm »
Sorry to say this Zoey, but if it hasn't happened in the past 6 years I doubt it will happen now. Mickey isn't just gonna up and say "Well he's donated X amount of years into this game, so I'll just give him the boot for someone else".

Every game has its share of crappy admins/staff (this one just happens to have an enormous multitude of them). You'll never get what you want, unless you just accept how it is. Good luck trying, though.

Offline Zoex

Administration
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »
I figure since this is the second version, it is a chance to wipe the slate clean and start new with a lot of things. Worth a shot I say.

Offline Rokhan

Administration
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 09:28:03 pm »
Quote from: Zoex
Well I would say you should rotate some of your current admins then. You have to remember every person you let run an RPG World server is representing your game. Having one world with a bad reputation can hurt the other ones as well.
Shadow much?
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline Vex

Administration
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 11:09:45 pm »
Quote from: chronolink
LOL

K

LOL

The one who admin killed us each time we sang White-tee?

Besides that
00:09.30 : @@@DevAdmin Empesta tells you: My server isn't a personal lolparty to come describe anal sex over globals.

Offline Mystic

Administration
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 01:58:00 am »
Personally I don't think admins should have any power to update. IMO that just messes up servers more and more. Look at Liberty and Lunatik, remember how much content Lunatik was getting compared to Liberty?

IMO it should work like this.... if a Medieval server gets an update, all the Medieval servers should get the same update even if the new content won't be added.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:00:28 am by Mystic »

Offline Pirate Wings

Administration
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:00 am »
Quote from: Revolution
I know UT is (insert long line of name calling and flaming here) and he is also reading this thread... o_o  Actually, I've seen his name pop up in numerous threads very often as of late.....
finally got off his lazy ass and decided to sign up thats why
This isn't a signature, you just think it is

Offline Zachariel

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Topic Starter Combination
Administration
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 06:09:07 am »
Make a bot which puts word "dunce" infront of admins name, puts a dunce hat on admins head, disables admins stealth login and sneaking
WHEN
lets say 5-10 players have made a complaint about that admin. Stopping players from making complaints grants dunce status automatically. Punishing players for making complaints grants dunce status automatically
=D
Now who wants to be an admin?!

Offline Emrys Merlin

Administration
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:12 pm »
I just finished reading all of the RPG World 2 stuff. I see a lot of neat ideas, but I have yet to hear anyone ask or suggest how a server could be ran. I have always said and still believe that the lack of a plan or strong centralized chain of command over the servers was at the core of the games major problems.

If you want to dig up my thoughts on this, they are around the forums somewhere. But I want to hear some of your ideas. If any of you would like to have a more private conversation with me about it my e-mail is zoex21@hotmail.com."

NOT gonna read all of the replies, but this is a major point. He is mostly right, and beyond the "lack of a plan or strong centralized chain of command" the problem was also the leaders, although generally kind, and great persons, just have an inability to run an MMO. Bottom line. Most of them should have just stuck to making and enforcing rules while leaving content and creation to better suited people who may or may not have leadership skills or the qualities to enforce rules. I cannot think of one @@@Admin who could do both. Or really any @@@ who could do the latter.

Offline Powerfox

Administration
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 02:04:44 pm »
The thing is, admins should not be allowed to have player characters as it just encourages cheating, along with accusations of cheating.

Lesser admins (Less than @@@) should also not be allowed to create items/NPCs and have little interaction with players.

Invisible admins - Admins should be invisible 24/7, it kinda distracts players and ruins the game environment when you have 5+ people sitting talking to a Grayvyn Behemoth in the middle of a town.

Seperate admin logs - EVERY action an admin does should be recorded to a seperate log (Possible a new log for each admin?) This makes it much easier to find out wether an admin has been giving items or information out.

TRUSTWORTHY ADMINS - An admin generally cant be trusted if they have close friends on a specific server (Such as a player being given admin) You can count on their friends asking them to break rules and them giving in to peer pressure.

An admin must be a heartless robot with no friends! >:O

Offline The Muffin Man

Administration
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 03:46:26 pm »
So basically, work your ass off for other people with no justified return of payment.

Nice logic there.

I do agree with the seperate admin logs, and like everyone else, the trustworthy admins. But to add to that, you need to add admins that people like. Having pure dumbasses for admins isn't going to exactly attract people.

For example: 90% of phobos/shadow/pyramid/whatthetigerever admins.

Offline Zachariel

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Topic Starter Combination
Administration
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 01:17:55 pm »
RPGWO is the kind of game where admins are visible and players interact with them like with any other player. It would get boring if UT wouldn't chace me around on Nexus once in awhile.

Offline Zoex

Re: Administration
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 01:02:55 pm »
Yeah, i'm replying to a 2 year old thread, what?

Has any progress been made in this subject? If RPG World is going to be pushed into the masses on Facebook then this issue REALLY needs some attention.

Offline Liniak

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 01:54:33 pm »
OMG LULZ
Cravem = Link; Lvl 2 Miner

Offline Estrif

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 07:08:13 am »
Take away mods

Mods are by far the worst idea implemented to RPGWO ever. They are given to people who favourite their mates and those that hate certain people, so the power will be abused

Good admins

Any long-term player here can tell you the difference between an Admin Alg and an Admin Nimufu

One sits afk and might say "check usage" the other actually warps to you and talks you through it. Yes, you know which one is which

That's about all for now

I'd like to think that back when Summoner, Valen, the other Val, and I were admins of Steeltide, it was run fairly well. Course that was years ago. So I might just be remembering horribly wrong.

Offline chronolink

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 04:30:13 pm »
Take away mods

Mods are by far the worst idea implemented to RPGWO ever. They are given to people who favourite their mates and those that hate certain people, so the power will be abused

Good admins

Any long-term player here can tell you the difference between an Admin Alg and an Admin Nimufu

One sits afk and might say "check usage" the other actually warps to you and talks you through it. Yes, you know which one is which

That's about all for now

I'd like to think that back when Summoner, Valen, the other Val, and I were admins of Steeltide, it was run fairly well. Course that was years ago. So I might just be remembering horribly wrong.

LOL I remember getting drunk once and telling Valandir HE was attractive when I never even seen a picture of him

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Axeman

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 04:52:53 pm »
chronolink drunk? Never.