Author Topic: Server List..  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Grinch

Server List..
« on: December 06, 2007, 06:59:16 pm »
Something I've been thinking about whenever I keep seeing SA: MP open.

There are 3 different tabs that open up on the SA: MP server list. Official, Internet, and Favourites.

What happens is that the administrators of SA: MP assign certain servers to be official. All others that players run show up in the Internet tab (all servers output connection information to show up on this list). And optionally, you can put your favourite servers into your favourites list.

It'd be nice to see something like that for RPGWO. Do you have any plans on releasing the server Mick? I know it was something you were considering in the past.

This goes along with the server list showing if it's online or not (and how many players are playing would be nice too).
My Stories
Pencils and Pwncakes (Act 1) (Act 2)

Offline Altamer

Server List..
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:15:11 pm »
IF the game gets big enough this idea would have to be implemented, like how runescape has over 100 servers...

Offline Komodo

Server List..
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 04:20:31 am »
hmmm.... I like it...
The BIG list of
--------------------------------------------------------
(ASCII art of the "word that can't be said")
--------------------------------------------------------

1 - Chrono------   -   for being "Chrono------"
2 - Toadwolf(Toad"King", Minch, Mack the Blacksmith)   -   for all of his posts are pure bullwolf and fail
3 - Revolution   -   for invokes the name of Komodo without a license
4 - Damen   -   for taking too long to reply on Xfire
5 - Grinch   -   for being anti-------guy  :)

Offline Devil

Server List..
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:06:49 pm »
BUMP because this deserves credibility but it getting none because nobody is paying attention to it.

I CAN SEE FOREVER!

Quote from: Rokhan
So get creative and not necrotic

Offline Tai Lung

Server List..
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:09:31 pm »
i like it o.O i think it could give new life to the game if we let some ppl who actually care about the gameplay itself run servers w/out having to get all the rogue bullwolf thats standard right now
Nexus is open!!
PM me anything that you think is original and want to see on Nexus!

Offline Grinch

Server List..
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:24:07 pm »
I think it'll help bring people to the servers out of pure curiousity.
My Stories

Offline Gizza

Server List..
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 10:27:48 pm »
And shows how many players are online in each server before you double click on one.

Offline Emrys Merlin

Server List..
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 04:42:04 pm »
Release the server? Wow. Are you seriously a moron? Love you Grinch, but thats selfish antics. One great server is what this game needs. And two or three years after its truly been proven, then sister servers with different ideas and challenges may arise.

(P.s. sorry for the moron bit. But, no, really. Its a truly bad idea. Trust me.)

Offline Grinch

Server List..
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:53:25 pm »
Actually, that isn't selfish. That would be selfish if I were asking solely to take the server and run my own. And guess what, I'm not. Lots of servers can sometimes split a playerbase, but the crappy servers won't stick around. Any good ones would keep the members and then Mick could put it onto the official list.

I'm actually more interested in adding the number of members of people playing the server to the online list.
My Stories

Offline Emrys Merlin

Server List..
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »
Its ineffective and inefficient especially in the current condition. Whats more important now is making a truly successfully and enjoyable RPGWO experience for the masses.  RPGWO has declined for a multitude of reasons, and thats the bottom line. RPGWO2 is its last chance for a new life, and there is absolutely no point in ruining it by releasing the server. Or even taking that chance.

Offline The Muffin Man

Server List..
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:14:45 pm »
What do you know n00b? You think clones are useless, you are obviously too n00b to know how the game should be ran.

You give the game to the users, and they find ways to improve it that you could not. It's how wolf works, one person developing a game played by many people can't do everything.

Bottom line? How about you get the tiger off my forums?

Offline chronolink

Server List..
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:14:01 pm »
Quote from: The Muffin Man
What do you know n00b? You think clones are useless, you are obviously too n00b to know how the game should be ran.

You give the game to the users, and they find ways to improve it that you could not. It's how wolf works, one person developing a game played by many people can't do everything.

Merl can stay dude. Merl pwns

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM

Offline Mack the Blacksmith

Server List..
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 02:42:12 am »
How bout a Server that mick sells for $100 but it has a special activation code, yada yada so it can't be re-produced and then he still makes money offa it. Or maybe you send him $5 ever month or so? idk. But selling a server pack could be a good idea.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Chronolink on Vent)--][div class='quotetop']QUOTE (Chronolink on Vent)[div class='quotemain'][!--quotec--]Calling people hawks now? Jeez, going too far.[/quote]

Offline Emrys Merlin

Server List..
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 10:52:32 am »

Opening note :  "n00b"? Lmao.

First rebuke: "GIVING" the game to the users is far from the best choice. Allowing them to actively participate in the games creation via forums like this IS a good idea. Allowing specific users to have greater input or control over a game and its content is not a bad idea either, if the person is competent. Which the history has proved they are far too often ( never ) are .

Second rebuke: Did I say anything about clones in this topic? Lets keep them separate please? As far as I know they were originally created to counter macro-ing. They have long been either a nuisance and/or abused. We're far better without them.

Finally:  

Woah. Somebody take a big chomp out of your nasty muffin head?

Offline The Muffin Man

Server List..
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:19 pm »
Oh look I struck a nerve and got a paragraph

C WUT I DID THAR EDDMAN

Offline Zachariel

• Attack: 89
    Defense: 88
    Attack Member
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Topic Starter Combination
Server List..
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 01:30:28 pm »
I got an idea... Make a second server.exe, which is released to the public. It's a cut version of the original server.exe containing less options and possibility to create a small world. Cause lets face it... who the hell is going to join your server anyways for which you can barely create any content? And btw while ur at it, give the original server.exe a makeover.

Offline Rokhan

Server List..
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 03:57:11 pm »
Quote from: Mack the Blacksmith
How bout a Server that mick sells for $100 but it has a special activation code, yada yada so it can't be re-produced and then he still makes money offa it. Or maybe you send him $5 ever month or so? idk. But selling a server pack could be a good idea.
How bout just shutting the tiger up for once
DarkTemplar, Level 28 Sword -Liberty  
Rokhan, Level 30 Mace - 1st Steeltide  
DemonHunter, Level 32 Mage - 2nd Phobos  
Rokhan II, Level 20 Thrower - 2nd Steeltide  
Furion, Level 30 Mage - Xerxes  
Rokhan, Level 33 Mace - Ataxia  
Marksman Rokhan, Level 35 Xbow - Ataxia  
Script Rokhan, Level 22 Bow - Chaos    
Rokhan, Level 42 Thrower - Kirin    
Rhasta, Level 24 - Horizon

My joker trumps your ace
♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

Offline chronolink

Server List..
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 07:10:30 pm »
Quote from: Rokhan
How bout just shutting the tiger up for once

Yo not be flaming I hope

GRINCH WAS HERE DAMN!

Liberty - lvl 56 Swordsman ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 65 Macer ~ Retired
Steeltide - lvl 19 Suicide Archer ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 18 Swordsman ~ Retired
Phobos - lvl 57 Thrower ~ Retired
Shadow - lvl 12 Thrower ~ Retired
Arcanium - lvl 22 Rifleman ~ Retired
Chown -R us ./Base

http://fuhrorcity.myminicity.com/

Re:Jew Tee ( From: TheUnderTaker )
and your a bigger twat now than before now tiger off and leave me alne you turtle ass tigerer
TheUnderTaker is a member of the Administration group and has 6 posts.
Sent on: Today, 04:11 PM